Register here

Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
User Artwork / Re: Motocar's Cutaway drawings
« Last post by hesham on Today at 07:20:02 am »
Amazing work my dear Motocar.
« Last post by Hamzalippischh on Today at 06:06:52 am »
The SSR concept is really cool! I might model it in 3D if i get some time...
Designation Systems / Re: Mitsubishi designations
« Last post by hesham on Today at 04:27:18 am »
OK my dear Boogey,take your time,and I will wait your good articles.
« Last post by Boogey on Today at 03:42:20 am »
@ hesham Thank You very much for Your warm welcome. Still I have some problems with my eyes and my PC isn't ready to work yet.
I hope for my steady return in several weeks.

Another Army aircraft of the second system was 2MR1 Tobi ( Tobi is a member of the hawk family ) - single Mitsubishi-built HS 12-cylinder inline-V
450 - 600 hp engined, crew of two, reconaissance biplane. The first prototype was completed in July 1927. Only two machines ware built.
« Last post by Motocar on Today at 02:54:26 am »
Repost Cutaway SSR SuperSonic Racing F1 now in black and white.author Motocar
...and back to "Self-published on Amazon" fiction.

Dave Snow, Raven's Nest, 2000

United States (WWII)

USS Sea Stallion (SSN-477)
"Fleet Class", either Gato or Balao Class Submarine
Details as per the real ships
Note: Pennant number clashes with that of the Tench Class Submarine USS Conger (SSN-477) in service 1945 - 1963. Novel states that the submarine was commissioned in August 1943 and the first Tench Class Submarines did not start commissioning until late in 1944, therefore it must be a member of one of the earlier two classes.

Becomes...

Non-State

Griffen (ex-USS Sea Stallion (SSN-477))
"Fleet Class", either Gato or Balao Class Submarine (Modified)
Has undergone a modernization similar to the US GUPPY program (E.g. Hull has been streamlined)
Original engines have been replaced with a "...steam turbine with a small atomic reactor...", underwater speed is now 40 knots.
Highly automated, crew has been reduced to 20.
Torpedo armament includes a mix of full and reduced charge warheads.
Operated by the McFallen Clan (Pirates...)

Breeze
Armed Trawler
'Old' 1940s/50s/60s?
Typical fishing vessel of the type operated in Alaskan waters?
Australian registered? (Note: Author does not specifically state this, but the heroine notes an Australian flag flying at the stern when she goes aboard.)
Armament: 1 x M60 Machine gun (Deck mounted fwd, the gun is normally kept dismounted in a locker on deck.)
Operated by the McFallen Clan (Pirates...)

United States (1983)

Coast Guard

Unnamed
Cutter

Navy

Unnamed
Two Destroyers

Plot summary: The year is 1983, a young woman receives a mysterious inheritance and finds herself caught up in a vicious struggle over the legacy of the worlds last pirate.

Note: This novel is not an action novel in the normal sense, but rather a Gothic Romance in action novel trappings. While the author does not list his inspirations, I get the feeling that the two Jules Verne 'Captain Nemo' tales "20,000 Leagues Under the Sea" & "The Mysterious Island" (As filtered through Hollywood.) especially the latter were amongst them. As with some other tales of post Age-of-Sail pirates ('The Stolen Cruiser' (1913) & 'The Third Officer' (1921)) the novel is incredibly vague on just how the loot is disposed of and never explains just who did the updates on the Griffen , updates that would require access to a fairly substantial shipyard to perform. Other novels I've covered with highly-automated submarines on this list are 'The Saturn Experiment' (1988) and 'Thunderfish (1999).
User Artwork / Re: 6th generation fighter concepts
« Last post by pedrospe on Yesterday at 10:47:23 am »
Thanks alot hesham,sorry for the late replay.

best regards

pedro
Modelling Forum / Re: Big Gemini and Gemini SSTO - 1:96 Scale
« Last post by SAustin16 on Yesterday at 09:42:49 am »
Gentlemen,

Thank you both for your kind words. 

I've been modeling aerospace subjects since I was 4 years old, and to this day there is a certain satisfaction in seeing a completed design in solid 3D versus an illustration. The advent of 3d design programs has made model design so much more efficient and enjoyable.

Happy Holidays to you from Texas.
« Last post by hesham on Yesterday at 05:22:29 am »
Welcome your return my dear Boogey,

I miss you my friend.
« Last post by Boogey on Yesterday at 05:00:40 am »
MRT airplanes category was created for training ( T ) of reconnaissance ( R ) crews.
It's worth to remember that both Mitsubishi army and navy aircraft projects had the same designation systems, so there were two different fighters
designated 1MF2 :
- Navy fighter 1MF2 being the second version of basic 1MF1 Navy type 10 carrier fighter.
- Army fighter 1MF2 Hayabusa parasol type monoplane.
http://www.aviastar.org/air/japan/mitsubishi_1mf2.php
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10