Register here

Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Early Aircraft Projects / Re: Gotha P 60 flying wing projects
« Last post by newsdeskdan on Today at 08:23:40 am »

All of the designs show the front landing gear offset to the side (moving it away from the intake).

Something is bothering me about the P.60A-2: All of the drawings show the front landing gear unmoved... however it would be in front of one of the air-intakes?!

Is this correct? What do the original drawings look like?

There was no A-2. The different version of the Gotha P-60 are:
P-60 A mit BMW 003
P-60 A mit HeS 011
P-60 B mit HeS 011
P-60 B mit HeS 011 und R-Gerat
P-60 C mit HeS 011
P-60 C mit HeS 011 und R-Gerat
P-60 C mit HeS 011 (three-seater)
P-60.007

The real life design that's closest to the 'A-2' is the P-60.007 and the original drawing for this clearly shows the nosewheel offset to port.
Early Aircraft Projects / Re: Gotha P 60 flying wing projects
« Last post by Avimimus on Today at 07:25:26 am »

All of the designs show the front landing gear offset to the side (moving it away from the intake).

Something is bothering me about the P.60A-2: All of the drawings show the front landing gear unmoved... however it would be in front of one of the air-intakes?!

Is this correct? What do the original drawings look like?

Postwar Aircraft Projects / Re: Ryan Liftfan VTOL designs & the XV-5
« Last post by Avimimus on Today at 07:22:23 am »
From my dear Rolf;

https://www.flickr.com/photos/sdasmarchives/

What is this?

It doesn't seem to fit with the others.
https://defpost.com/us-army-use-raytheon-coyote-expendable-uas-krfs-radar-near-term-counter-uas-mission/

Curious if they would consider the semi-active version of MHTK now that they have the illuminators.
The coyote UAS is a joke. A whole 2.5ton for four expendable jokes. Even a bigger joke.
Missile Projects / Re: Standard Missile projects.
« Last post by TomS on Today at 06:30:01 am »
From Inside Defense

Navy looking to dramatically increase range, speed of SM-6 with larger rocket motor

The Defense Department has launched a prototype project that aims to dramatically increase the speed and range of the Navy's Standard Missile-6 by adding a larger rocket motor to the ship-launched weapon, a move that aims to improve both the offensive and defensive reach of the Raytheon-built system.

This is a full-caliber SM-6 with a 21-inch fuselage and motor, not the usual 13.5.  So basically the same change as SM-3 Block IIA. 
here is unknown VTOL surveillance and recce low-wing aircraft project of 1961,intended for
army and had a lift fans in fuselage,can anyone ID it ?,page 33;

http://books.google.com.eg/books?id=1ZUDOCzJUrcC&pg=PA32&dq=flying+magazine+jan+1961&hl=en&sa=X&ei=iS8MVOq_GIjDO4_dgdAJ&ved=0CCUQ6AEwAzg8#v=onepage&q=flying%20magazine%20jan%201961&f=false

After my dear Lark recognized it as General Electric/Ryan design,maybe there was a competition for VTOL
surveillance and recce aircraft during 1960s,and maybe Grumman G-260-4C involved in it ?.
Early Aircraft Projects / Re: Polish Pegaz twin boom ultra light aircraft
« Last post by hesham on Today at 05:00:07 am »
Thank you my dear Toura.
CAMS E32 (was different from CAMS-32) was a large flying boat monoplane project of 1932,