Register here

Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Early Aircraft Projects / Re: Lombarda AL-12P & AL-T Airplanes
« Last post by hesham on Today at 02:58:52 pm »
Hi,

if we talk generally about Lombarda company,the AR was a flying bomb,GP.1 (CCV-1)
and GP.2 (CVV-2) were a gliders,AL.3 was a sailplane of 1939,AR.4 was a radio controlled
bomber,but the series from AL.5 to AL.11 are not known,any idea ?.
Early Aircraft Projects / Re: Nakajma Ki-44-III?
« Last post by blockhaj on Today at 01:37:04 pm »
Something i put together quickly but i assume this is how it would have looked

Thanks for sharing Block, i see more clearly what you mean.

if you have anytime perhaps include the individual exhaust stacks and the four blade propeller  B)
Well the blueprint i used isnt very accurate nor straight and i have no blueprint of the ho 203 nor its size but if someone could give me that i would try to make a very realistic blueprint.
« Last post by CherryBlossom on Today at 01:24:31 pm »

Thanks for sharing Block, i see more clearly what you mean.

if you have anytime perhaps include the individual exhaust stacks and the four blade propeller  B)
Space Projects / Re: Space X Interplanetary Transport System
« Last post by NeilChapman on Today at 01:13:07 pm »
They attack the notion or reusability, they denigrate anyone who supports it, and they agitate against the idea of private entities pursuing development of significant technological advances.  What positive contribution can be found in any of their posts to date?

Huh? I did not "attack the notion of reusability" or any of those other things--I asked you to support your assertions with data, specifically your assertion about a big increase in space tourism suddenly occurring at a specific price point (you said $10 million). I asked if you had any data to support that or if you had just made up the number. And I'll admit that I had an ulterior motive for asking it: because I've been around the space biz for a few decades and I am aware of past studies that attempted to figure out the market for space tourism, and at what price point people would be willing to buy. I wanted to see if you're actually aware of those studies (and also their assumptions and flaws). Since you didn't cite them, I'm guessing that you don't know about them.

Look, some of this stuff is going to pan out, some of it won't. But you need to accept that just because you want it to happen doesn't mean that it will. I've seen a number of boom-and-bust cycles in the space field where things that I wanted to happen didn't happen. There were really big promises made in the latter 1990s, for instance. And who here has forgotten that back in 2004 (a mere 13 years ago) lots of people were predicting a booming suborbital space tourism market in less than five years? Belief does not equal reality.

Perhaps the difference this time is that a private company may be able to subsidize their vision w/government and private contracts.

« Last post by blackstar on Today at 01:05:35 pm »
They attack the notion or reusability, they denigrate anyone who supports it, and they agitate against the idea of private entities pursuing development of significant technological advances.  What positive contribution can be found in any of their posts to date?

Huh? I did not "attack the notion of reusability" or any of those other things--I asked you to support your assertions with data, specifically your assertion about a big increase in space tourism suddenly occurring at a specific price point (you said $10 million). I asked if you had any data to support that or if you had just made up the number. And I'll admit that I had an ulterior motive for asking it: because I've been around the space biz for a few decades and I am aware of past studies that attempted to figure out the market for space tourism, and at what price point people would be willing to buy. I wanted to see if you're actually aware of those studies (and also their assumptions and flaws). Since you didn't cite them, I'm guessing that you don't know about them.

Look, some of this stuff is going to pan out, some of it won't. But you need to accept that just because you want it to happen doesn't mean that it will. I've seen a number of boom-and-bust cycles in the space field where things that I wanted to happen didn't happen. There were really big promises made in the latter 1990s, for instance. And who here has forgotten that back in 2004 (a mere 13 years ago) lots of people were predicting a booming suborbital space tourism market in less than five years? Belief does not equal reality.
Missile Projects / Re: Multi-Object Kill Vehicle (MOKV)
« Last post by marauder2048 on Today at 01:04:15 pm »
What if N Korea uses a lower trajectory simpler strike method i.e. nuclear armed scud launched from a freighter near coastland area. What system would counter that type of threat? Existing Thaad? Not likely to have those on mainland US?

We'd be SOL.  THAAD (preferably THAAD-ER) could do it but it would require a lot of units to cover the US.  (Though not nearly as many as the Nike Hercules batteries we had back in the 60s - 134.)

:'(

« Last post by fredymac on Today at 12:42:20 pm »
Not to put words in their mouths, but I think their biggest areas of contention are safety and public perception.  To that I'd have to point out that people were perfectly willing to fly in airplanes in the very early years when much safer automobiles, trains, and ships were available.

I am afraid I did not have that impression.  It seemed to me they are primarily attacking the economics and technical feasibility (as opposed to safety) of reusability per se.   I'm not sure about public perception.  Again, my impression but if anything, I thought they were angry about the enthusiasm in public response.
« Last post by blockhaj on Today at 12:15:47 pm »
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10