Register here

Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Early Aircraft Projects / Re: Various Messerschmitt projects
« Last post by Nick Sumner on Today at 05:58:14 am »
My question would be 'Given the position of the trees how did that aeroplane get there?'
here is a Models for Dornier Do.31-1.

http://arc.aiaa.org/doi/abs/10.2514/3.43968

By the way,there was Do.31 types E-1,E-2 & E-3.
Early Aircraft Projects / Re: Nuvoli N.5 and N.6 aircraft
« Last post by hesham on Today at 04:32:55 am »
Hi all,

Did anyone ever see complete 3 views for any of the Nuvoli aircraft? There are ofcourse the views in this thread.

Many thanks in advance!

Need to search Rlucas,give me a few time.
Early Aircraft Projects / Re: Nuvoli N.5 and N.6 aircraft
« Last post by rlucas on Today at 02:59:11 am »
Hi all,

Did anyone ever see complete 3 views for any of the Nuvoli aircraft? There are ofcourse the views in this thread.

Many thanks in advance!
Postwar Aircraft Projects / Re: SNCASE (Sud-Est) SE.1010
« Last post by taildragger on Today at 01:04:17 am »
in this period France was just as bad as the UK for developing and/or building aircraft for which there was no customer, requirement or viable order book.

Yes... but aren't we glad they did, in retrospect?  ::) Makes for a much more interesting history of aviation, don't you think?  ;)

The French, in particular, seemed during this period to pursue a great many projects that had little hope of producing useful products.  I suspect that this was not a matter of poor judgement but a need to:
- reassemble and provide work/experience for design teams whose technical skills were 4-5 years behind those of the UK, USA and USSR.
- take maximum advantage of the Marshall Plan and MDAP programs from the USA
By contrast, the British white elephants of this period were mostly commercial projects (Tudor, Princess, Brabizon) and seemed to be more clearly intended a to develop into production programs, but the planners lacked a good understanding of their intended markets. 
Early Aircraft Projects / Re: Various Messerschmitt projects
« Last post by Arjen on Today at 12:42:15 am »
Integrated R4M launch tube?
Naval Projects / Re: Swimmer Delivery Vehicle projects, old and new
« Last post by covert_shores on Yesterday at 11:00:51 pm »
Great video, never seen that before!

A couple of correction/additions to the description:
a) the craft in the film is the Aerojet Mk.III from 1954.
b) despite what it says, the Mk.III was peddle powered
c) yes UDT did use them, but only test and training. But Aerojet were involved in multiple SDV projects up to the Mk.VIII and Mk.IX projects (although the Navy took over development of those c1970)

As far as I can tell Aerojet coined the term "mini-sub" with these. Am meaning to do a full Covert Shores article on Aerojet SDVs. One day. :D

Attached are some notes from when I was trying to figure out the Aerojet development history. Got a lot of help from retired UDT/SEALs, a RN Clearance Diver and the Canadian Naval Divers association. Wasn't intended for public presentation. Between us this is the closet to reconstructing the family tree as we got (SDV Mk.VIII and Mk.IX not shown)
Space Projects / Re: NASA Keeping Nuclear-thermal Option Open For Mars
« Last post by sferrin on Yesterday at 06:47:02 pm »
The meltdown may not be an evironmental disaster in space but if you are halfway to Mars and you need the reactor to slow you into orbit, that may be a problem...

And that's different than any other potential power system how?
Early Aircraft Projects / Re: Arsenal VG-30 variants
« Last post by blackkite on Yesterday at 05:20:43 pm »
Thanks a lot!! Excellent drawings. :o
Justo-san, I see another VG39 drawing which have more complicated fuselage bottom line.
Anyway VG30 series radiator system design is very impressive.
What is written about VG36 radiator system?
VG60 radiator is very big. Why?

https://www.pinterest.jp/pin/97108935694425414/?lp=true
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10