Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Dear Scott and Rob,
great work again!  B) :)

SlŠn,
fightingirish
Bookshelf & Marketplace / Re: Wehrmacht 46
« Last post by athpilot on Today at 11:22:35 am »
For the nuclear,they just tell the research about that,and they not say that the german have the bomb.
For me,the chapter about the kriegsmarine is the more interessing with the luftwaffe one.

Thanks for your review. Sounds promising. Meanwhile Iīve got the first volume, and have to say, that it is good. And it provides the oppurtunity to refresh my french... ;)
Great news, your feedback is exciting, time to order!! :)

The covers look wonderful, I agree. Modern 3D renders are wonderful but don't want it to replace 2D art. Mr Miranda has a very personal style which looks gorgeous both in technical drawing and colour art and I enjoy it very much from his books.
Bookshelf & Marketplace / Re: Wehrmacht 46
« Last post by sgeorges4 on Today at 07:52:11 am »
For the nuclear,they just tell the research about that,and they not say that the german have the bomb.
For me,the chapter about the kriegsmarine is the more interessing with the luftwaffe one.
Interesting Websites / Re: Aviation Week outage
« Last post by George Allegrezza on Yesterday at 10:51:42 am »
Looks like they're back online.  That was quite an outage.
Bookshelf & Marketplace / Re: Books from Harpia-Publishing
« Last post by Deino on Yesterday at 10:29:53 am »
Do these books render "Flashpoint China" obsolete?  I figured that book was published as an update to the original "Modern Chinese Warplanes".

No surely not, it replaces the original MCW from 2012. In contrast FPC is a review of the border situation from China's point of view connected with a description of still open issues and an analysis of what assets the PLA has at hand in the certain Theater Commands.

As such these Orbat-tables are obsolete since the show the final standard prior to the 2017-initiated brigade/base-reform.

Best,
Deino
« Last post by gatoraptor on Yesterday at 07:45:51 am »
Iím proud to announce the release date for the long awaited and fully revised edition of the original book 'Modern Chinese Warplanes', released in 2012.

Part 1 on the Naval Aviation due out in April 2018, Part 2 on the PLAAF due in late 2018 .... .
So stay tuned, since thereís more to come  ;)

Deino

https://www.casematepublishing.co.uk/distributed-publishers/harpia-publishing/modern-chinese-warplanes.html
https://www.casematepublishers.com/distributed-publishers/harpia-publishing/modern-chinese-warplanes-69393.html#.WoboQ2dy7ct

Do these books render "Flashpoint China" obsolete?  I figured that book was published as an update to the original "Modern Chinese Warplanes".
« Last post by Deino on Yesterday at 06:19:23 am »
Iím proud to announce the release date for the long awaited and fully revised edition of the original book 'Modern Chinese Warplanes', released in 2012.

Part 1 on the Naval Aviation due out in April 2018, Part 2 on the PLAAF due in late 2018 .... .
So stay tuned, since thereís more to come  ;)

Deino

https://www.casematepublishing.co.uk/distributed-publishers/harpia-publishing/modern-chinese-warplanes.html
https://www.casematepublishers.com/distributed-publishers/harpia-publishing/modern-chinese-warplanes-69393.html#.WoboQ2dy7ct
...And the Eagle err the Focke Wulfs has landed!! B) At a first glance: itīs really great! Some examples: the stemmata of the Ta-183 on p. 57 is eye-opening. The two seat Trainer version Ta-183 S was completely new to me, just as the "ornithopter" by Prof. von Holst (great find indeed). I  just only read a few of the texts so far, but until now I would say, that you contextualize your findings in this book the most. The drawing on p. 188 "german ramjets" shows among others the EMW A6 with additional ramjet. Is anything known on this type of ramjet. How should it look, what fuel was planned for it and how much thrust should it produce? Btw. the backcover is very cool. I like that style of aircraft profiles. Maybe you want to include something like this in your future publications? I would pay for it!

So far. Greetings
Athpilot
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10