Register here

Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Early Aircraft Projects / Re: Gotha P3 Destroyer Project
« Last post by Jemiba on Today at 05:52:03 am »
Early Aircraft Projects / Re: Questions about Junkers aircraft
« Last post by hesham on Today at 04:43:39 am »
From; Vom Original zum Modell Junkers Ju-88

That's the shadow of EF.59 exactly in the magazine, Flugzeug Classic 3/2018.
In my opinion Luft 46 = projects only
Postwar Aircraft Projects / Re: Mil VM-6 compound helicopter
« Last post by hesham on Yesterday at 03:43:01 pm »
And I think it had a single engine.
Early Aircraft Projects / Re: Me 262 - Projects, Pre-Projects And Variants
« Last post by Jemiba on Yesterday at 10:12:24 am »
Ok, and with "...Please remember, it's mandatory anyway", I wanted to say:
"Please tell us the sources !" 
Space Projects / Re: NASA Space Launch System (SLS)
« Last post by Michel Van on Yesterday at 07:19:43 am »
Hey, NASA
you look like intelligent organisation
you look like someone who would be interested in a bargain.
Wanna buy this rocket, NASA ?*
just $150-90 million launch cost and bring space probe direct to destinations, no need for Gravitational Swing by maneuver 

* modified text from Lefty the salesman from sesame street   ::)
« Last post by sgeorges4 on Yesterday at 06:41:19 am »
With luft'46,I want to say that this variant could have been produce if the war should go on.
« Last post by Jemiba on Yesterday at 05:00:22 am »
What do you mean with "luft'46" ?
It wasn't a project, but an attempt to create an aircraft similar to the P-38 Droop Snoot, and the document you've
attached gives its role as "Leitflugzeug" (leading aircraft), intended to achieve a high accuracy for horizontal bombing,
as it was fitted with a Lotfe bombing sight.

Perhaps you could mention the sources of those photos/facsimiles ? Please remember, it's mandatory anyway !   ;)
That document given the weights mentions the lower part of the Mistel as "Stoffträger" (from "Sprengstoffträger", carrier
of explosives) and somehow brings us back to the discussion we had here: https://www.secretprojects.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,23397.0.html
In post #49 there, I tried to sum up the weight of explosives, the fuselage could have been filled with and the results are
quite similar. And so I really doubt the feasibility of that weight of explosives, because of the flyability of the resulting Mistel !
« Last post by sgeorges4 on February 23, 2018, 11:10:36 pm »
is the A2/U2 variant can be considered as a luft'46? Because we just have two proto on this variant(the V484 and V555):

Space Projects / Re: NASA Space Launch System (SLS)
« Last post by fredymac on February 23, 2018, 03:21:57 pm »
NASA budget proposal continues debate on when and how to launch Europa Clipper

http://spacenews.com/nasa-budget-proposal-continues-debate-on-when-and-how-to-launch-europa-clipper/

Pork in action.  There are some in congress who want to force NASA to use SLS to launch this mission even though an Atlas V could do it albeit with gravity assist and longer transit time:

"NASA has studied launching Europa Clipper on both SLS and on the most powerful variant of the United Launch Alliance Atlas 5. SLS offers the ability to fly a fast, direct route to Jupiter, with the spacecraft arriving at the planet less than three years after launch. The Atlas 5 would take more than six years to get Europa Clipper to Jupiter, and require flybys of both Venus and Earth to do so."

The argument boils down to $1Billion in exchange for 3 years.  Given all outer planet missions to date have used gravity assist, it's not like we can't stick with this approach at a massive cost savings.  The mission cost itself is $2Billion presumably not including launch.  SLS launch would add 50% more.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10