Register here

Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Modelling Forum / Re: B-29 model
« Last post by Tonton-42 on Today at 09:44:19 am »
Not that long ago there was a B-29 salvage attempt, an aircraft on the ice in Greenland I think.  Ended up completely burned out which was a crying shame.  What a missed opportunity.
I saw that video - I had the tears welling up in my eyes at the end. Still one of the most frustrating pieces of film I ever saw. Heartbreaking - after all that work they put in. Considering how close the came actually flying the plane. As I said, gut wrenching...

It is sad to cry indeed ! So much spent energy and currency also to finish so brutally !

Tonton attristé

Designation Systems / Japanese Naval Radar Systems
« Last post by Tzoli on Today at 07:54:39 am »
I've recently found this Japanese site about the various radars designed and used by Japan, mostly the Navy:
http://www17.big.or.jp/~father/aab/kikirui/navy_radar.html#list
It includes both photos and drawings for some of these systems. Which are very rare!

But I wish to ask if there are any info on the sizes of these radars? Dimensions I am looking particularly for example the Type 14 and 32 ones and so on.
Can anybody help me?
Designation Systems / Re: Nord Aviation and SNCAN designations
« Last post by hesham on Today at 05:10:22 am »
You might want to add the following:

268: probably a Max Holst design

It seemed to be there was an un-popular series for Nord,began with number 200,there
was unknown lightweight fighter Project also in this sequence.
« Last post by m1lkman on Yesterday at 02:18:31 pm »
Not that long ago there was a B-29 salvage attempt, an aircraft on the ice in Greenland I think.  Ended up completely burned out which was a crying shame.  What a missed opportunity.
I saw that video - I had the tears welling up in my eyes at the end. Still one of the most frustrating pieces of film I ever saw. Heartbreaking - after all that work they put in. Considering how close the came actually flying the plane. As I said, gut wrenching...
« Last post by Tonton-42 on Yesterday at 07:19:14 am »
That's an aircraft that deserves it. My respect for your enormous effort.

My favorite American bomber of the Second World War ...  ;)
« Last post by flateric on Yesterday at 06:05:33 am »
That's an aircraft that deserves it. My respect for your enormous effort.
« Last post by Tonton-42 on Yesterday at 04:47:45 am »
It's always funny to compare scale drawings of the same aircraft from the various ages and sources...

Hi !

Thank's to all guys !

I knew these drawings but they are completely wrong  ;D ;D ;D ! That's why I do the mines from pictures and Boeing plans !!! Very modestly, of course   B)

There is many years I began to draw the B-29 ...

@+++

Tonton

« Last post by Foo Fighter on Yesterday at 03:11:11 am »
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10