Register here

Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
This photo is currently for sale on eBay for about $2.50.
Hi,

when I read my old agenda about aviation from Internet,I found this Info from
old polish site about Jerzy Rudlicki airplanes;

R-II  was a single seat fighter Project
R-III  was a military airplane Project
R-IV  was an experimental airplane Project

Of course we want to check about this ?.

I need confirm ?.
Army Projects / Re: M1 Abrams MBT Replacement
« Last post by Moose on Today at 08:04:07 am »
Breaking Defense interview with Director, Armored Vehicle Modernization.
By 2023, the Army will decide whether or not to move ahead with a replacement for the M1 Abrams heavy tank. “Anything’s on the table,” said the service’s director for armored vehicle modernization.

Define “anything,” I asked. Are we talking Imperial Walkers from Star Wars? Little robots carrying big missiles?

“It doesn’t have to be a tank, it just has to be decisive and lethal,” Brig. Gen. Richard Ross Coffman answered. “If that is run by a flux capacitor, hovers, and has a ray gun — and we can make it run at a reasonable cost — we’ll look at it.”
That “reasonable cost” criterion, sadly, rules out laser-shooting hover tanks, but behind Coffman’s jocularity is a deadly serious point: The Army wants industry to imagine a wide range of possibilities for a new way to deliver high-powered direct fire. (Indirect fire, at targets over the horizon, belongs to a different modernization team, which is exploring a 1,000-mile supergun). The key thing is to apply maximum killing power at the crucial point in combat, not how you do it. If you have a technically feasible proposal, it sounds like they’ll at least take a look.

“We don’t want to stifle any initiative based on some preset notion of, ‘it has to be tank, it has to have 120 mm or 105 (cannon),'” Coffman told an industry audience at the Association of the US Army conference. “We want options.”
Army Projects / Re: M109A6 test bed for XM907 ERCA
« Last post by Moose on Today at 07:55:14 am »
I wonder why the US Army is suffering so badly from NIH Syndrome?  They have in the past adopted other artillery systems made under license from overseas designes, such as the 120mm Mortar, the 105mm Light Gun and so on.  Surely they could adopt a superior artillery self-propelled gun like the PzH 2000 from Germany?
It's not as easy as looking at the latest sales brochure and going "bingo, let's buy a thousand of these to replace the M109s!" There have been two clean-sheet SPG intiatives which were both cancelled, so the Army has held tight to M109 modernization as the safe route. Getting PzH 2000 would require a new program, with an open competition, and even if victorious (not assured, people already complained about Crusader's weight) ze Germans would need to address the Panzerhaubitze's various issues to get the green light for a large buy. Facing all that, the Army would rather squeeze all they can out of the M109 platform until other priorities, like MPF and NGCV, get the front-burner treatment.
Early Aircraft Projects / Re: Cunningham-Hall GA-21M and GA-36
« Last post by hesham on Today at 05:38:55 am »
Described in attachments 3 and 4 in post #15 by Skyblazer above

Thanks,but GA-50 & GA-60 are still mystery ?.
« Last post by Kadija_Man on Yesterday at 09:48:32 pm »
I wonder why the US Army is suffering so badly from NIH Syndrome?  They have in the past adopted other artillery systems made under license from overseas designes, such as the 120mm Mortar, the 105mm Light Gun and so on.  Surely they could adopt a superior artillery self-propelled gun like the PzH 2000 from Germany?
« Last post by Colonial-Marine on Yesterday at 05:24:05 pm »
It's nice to see these upgrades the might occur for the M109A7 but I still wonder at all of the compromises that must be made versus a "new" design for a self-propelled howitzer.

I've got to wonder if today's M109A7 have any part that is the same as the original M109? The turret was largely redesigned for the A6 and the hull is new for the A7.
« Last post by TomcatViP on Yesterday at 03:08:03 pm »
I can see an m109 Howitzer equivalent on the picture on the low left corner :)
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10