Register here

Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
The Bar / Mephisto - the only surviving A7 tank
« Last post by Kadija_Man on Today at 08:36:28 pm »
Mephisto, the only remaining German A7V tank from World War I, kept safe in a bubble in Ipswich.

The Germans paid a lot of money AIUI to copy Mephisto and have on display in Germany a replica.
The Bar / Re: Argentine Sub Missing
« Last post by Kadija_Man on Today at 06:02:41 pm »
Not looking good, a diesel/electric boat after this time missing?  Even if it is intact and there are sections that remain water tight the air is unlikely to be breathable by now.  Not good news.

They do have air purifiers, you realise?

A much greater danger is that of chlorine gas - when sea water comes in contact with lead-acid batteries it produces chlorine.   A common problem with Dieso-Electric subs.

I've been following this story since last Thursday (my time).   It does not look good.   There is a lot of misinformation in Argentina about what is going on.   The length of time is the problem.  The longer it goes on, the less likely are the crew to be alive. 
The Bar / Re: Nuclear Weapons - Discussion.
« Last post by bobbymike on Today at 04:20:01 pm »
Sferrin what is that and where did it come from?

Just stuff I dreamed up (except the LRASM-B there, which I modeled).
You have serious talent Scott, thanks for sharing.
The Bar / Re: Nuclear Weapons - Discussion.
« Last post by sferrin on Today at 03:18:31 pm »
Sferrin what is that and where did it come from?

Just stuff I dreamed up (except the LRASM-B there, which I modeled).
Aerospace / Re: Chengdu J-20 news, pictures, analysis Part III
« Last post by sferrin on Today at 03:13:45 pm »
Military / Re: 'Deborah'
« Last post by Foo Fighter on Today at 03:07:49 pm »
The Bar / Re: Advertising
« Last post by RAP on Today at 12:22:40 pm »
Pity these are not in color.
The Bar / Advertising
« Last post by RAP on Today at 12:21:58 pm »
Not sure if this is the proper place for this or if anyone would even have an interest but thought I'd post some nice aircraft ads.  These contain nice artwork or photographs.  If no interest please feel free to delete.
Aerospace / Re: Hybrid air vehicles questions
« Last post by yasotay on Today at 10:50:28 am »
Don't forget that this sad experience reflects at last a design success: the deflating safety feature worked like a charm.

But given that the two pas incidents happened at the mooring pontoon, if not already done, shouldn't they run a full history checkup on this site and a proper CFD analysis of the topography to see if there are no particular adverse wind conditions on this place or some forgotten procedures that used to be standard at the time to deal with.

You are correct of course, however the mass public only sees a crashed air vehicle that has done so before.  Many twitter, etc. show the public has no comprehension for the finer details.  Hopefully they can re-inflate and show it was by design.  If not I fear a very steep road for the team.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10