VFX Contenders - User Artwork

prolific1 said:
I best hurry and get these done, then. After seeing your work finished, I doubt I'd want to continue mine. Tongue Grin

You should continue whatever you have planned regardless of what other people are doing. Your line work might prove to be a valuable resource to someone else. Besides...it will be a while before I move to this era. I have quite a bit of work o finish on my first book. :p

I know, I know. :p Actually, though, I'm a big fan of your work and I'd like to get some pointers from you sometime to help get to your level. I've been working on the VFX off-and-on for just about a year now and I'd hate to be left in the dust when it comes time for me to shade and color (and start doing profiles of) the G-303D. ;D

Thought you all might like to see what eventually became of that line art. Click on the image below to see the picture at 100% or view it at my DeviantArt page. It's the Vought V-507, LTV's submission to the VFX competition actually won by the Grumman Tomcat. Take a look at the "build thread" over at the Beyond the Sprues Forums to see the step-by-step of the process of creating the profile.

Cheers,

Logan

New drawing of the Vought V-507 F-14A Vagabond - VF-1 Wolfpack uploaded today by Logan Hartke at deviantart.
vought_v_507_f_14a_vagabond___vf_1_wolfpack_by_comradeloganov-d6wvunm.png

Source: http://comradeloganov.deviantart.com/art/Vought-V-507-F-14A-Vagabond-VF-1-Wolfpack-418030834