Grigorovich I-9 & I-10 fighters

hesham

ACCESS: USAP
Reaction score
Hi,

the Grigorovich I-9 was a heavy fighter design of 1932,it was
powered by two M-30,M-31,M-32,M-37 or M-38 engines,and
the I-10 was a high speed fighter of Elektron (magnesium alloy)
and powered by M-41 engine.

The only informations I have about these two projects come from Polish fighter ace of WWII book :
Bohdan Arct " Samoloty Świata " of 1959, page 185.
- I-9 of 1932 ; the first two-engined, one-seat Soviet fighter with two M-22 * 600 HP,
fixed undercarriage, open cockpit, two machine guns ( no details ), mixed construction,
max. speed 375 km/h, ceiling 9000 m, climbing up to 4000 m = 5,5 min.
- I-10 of 1933 ; one-seat high wing monoplane fighter, engine 600 HP ( no details ),
fixed undercarriage, open cockpit, four machine guns ( no details ), mixed construction,
max. speed 360 km/h.
I liked Mr. Arct, but his informations not always were exact and his book contains many errors,
so I need now more informations and, if possible, drafts or photos :)
* @ hesham one more possibility of the aircraft engine types.

From Ali Nuove 4/1953,

here is a first time to see a profile to I-10 Project.

Attachments

• 1.png
    1.png
    216.2 KB · Views: 479
Why do you mislead readers with this nonsense? These are children's drawings and fantasies. These aircraft were in the plans for the design and all, there is no fact that the design work was carried out on them.

igor-mich said:
Why do you mislead readers with this nonsense? These are children's drawings and fantasies. These aircraft were in the plans for the design and all, there is no fact that the design work was carried out on them.

You are wrong of course,

the drawings were very closed to the reliable,no children or fantasy here,and the profiles from
the same magazine (Ali Nuove) is exactly the same in Aero Journal No.69 for Polikarpov I-11
and I-13,and that's clue from modern magazine,generally I wish from everyone no rush for
judging on anything before check.

https://www.secretprojects.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,10072.0.html

hesham said:
Hi,

the Grigorovich I-9 was a heavy fighter design of 1932,it was
powered by two M-30,M-31,M-32,M-37 or M-38 engines,and
the I-10 was a high speed fighter of Elektron (magnesium alloy)
and powered by M-41 engine.

It's fake. I-9 and I-10 were projects Polikarpov 1929. In 1930, under the leadership Kochergina/Zonshayn was developed a conceptual design and built layout, I-9. In the summer of 1930, the project was closed. The I-10 is left in the jar of ink.

dabbler said:
It's fake. I-9 and I-10 were projects Polikarpov 1929. In 1930, under the leadership Kochergina/Zonshayn was developed a conceptual design and built layout, I-9. In the summer of 1930, the project was closed. The I-10 is left in the jar of ink.

That's not a proof,

of course they were a real Projects,and at least they left a drawings or a sketches for them.

Yes! I think, you can find find this staff in exKGB archive, but in open archive sources I
saw just Protocol layout Commission and reports of military representatives in the factories
25 and 39, which indicate who led the projects I-9 and I-10.

dabbler said:
Yes! I think, you can find find this staff in exKGB archive, but in open archive sources I
saw just Protocol layout Commission and reports of military representatives in the factories
25 and 39, which indicate who led the projects I-9 and I-10.

If we can get those drawings,we will judge well about this.

From this Russian book,

the Polikarpov I-9.

Attachments

• 1.png
    1.png
    112.5 KB · Views: 41
  • 2.png
    2.png
    283.4 KB · Views: 29
  • 3.png
    3.png
    82.3 KB · Views: 48
  • 0.png
    0.png
    686.8 KB · Views: 52
Is there any software out there that will translate a jpg of a foreign language? I find these scans in Russian/German/Urdu to be completely worthless.

AlanG

Is there any software out there that will translate a jpg of a foreign language? I find these scans in Russian/German/Urdu to be completely worthless.
I'm looking for the same, a software capable to translate pdf or jpg files from Russian to English. Anything I've tried has produced acceptable results

You might try print it and then scan it with OCR. Of course the scanner needs to know how to do OCR of Cyrillic. Anyway I can do a rough translation of this later.

Here it's;

Another fighter, included in the pilot construction plan for 1930-1933, received the designation
I-9. Polikarpov carried out his sketches and initial calculations in the summer of 1929. The aircraft was defined as high-speed, therefore it was made according to the monoplane scheme.
The project was discussed from November 1929, so work on the I-9 was continued by S.A. Kocherigin. Spring 1930
The Air Force Directorate has prepared tactical and technical requirements for a single-seat fighter I-9 with an engine
M-32 with 600 hp The following characteristics were required:

Speed max. at an altitude of 5000 m 330-350 km/h

Climb time 5000 m 5-7 min

Practical ceiling 8000-10 000 m

Landing speed 95 km/h

Armament - two machine guns PV-1 plus two more PV-1 in overload or a gun of 20-30 mm caliber. Bomb load - 80-100 kg. Additional requirements were: the installation of a Stroganov photo-machine gun and the possibility of a straight flight with an abandoned control stick. "An aircraft with a payload of 221 kg with a full supply of fuel must provide a flight range of 700-800 km at a combat altitude of 5000 m."

The possibility of obtaining the M-32 engine at the right time was regarded as unlikely, therefore, on March 16, 1930, the Scientific Committee of the Air Force Directorate sent to the plant
No. 25 technical requirements for the Curtiss "Conqueror" engine. Next, an approximate aerodynamic calculation of the I-9 was prepared, according to which the following flight data were assumed:

Maximum ground speed 275.4 km/h
Maximum speed at an altitude of 3000 m 264.7 km / h
Maximum speed at an altitude of 5000 m 261 km / h
Climb time 3000 m 6.4 min
Climb time 5000 m 14.3 min
Flight range 1030 km
Practical ceiling 7580 m

The document was signed by the director of plant No. 25 Gorshkov, assistant director for the technical part of Zonshine, head of the settlement part Yarovitsky. Judging by subsequent events, the layout of the aircraft and the possible power plant continued to be uncertain. On July 1, 1930, a meeting of the mock-up commission for the I-9 in the biplane version with the M-19 engine was held. Design work
continued until the middle of summer 1930. During this period, Kocherigin was the chief designer of aircraft plant No. 25, Sutugin and
Yatsenko. On the appointment of the I-9 fighter, it was said: “Offensive air combat with all types of aircraft and aeronautic vehicles both at the front and in their own air defense rear ... In exceptional cases -
ground assault and air reconnaissance. In the fall of 1930, the I-9 fighter project was excluded
from the pilot plan. This is the story of fighters designed by N.N. Polikarpov period of the 1920s
years has ended.

I'm looking for the same, a software capable to translate pdf or jpg files from Russian to English. Anything I've tried has produced acceptable results
I use ABBYY Finereader to read pdf/jpg files.
You can open a file, read it in its original language (it's like an OCR operation), then you can save it in that language in one of a multiple formats. If you choose an html file as output, you can use google to translate it automatically. Sometimes, if the fonts are small or blurred, you need to check the output test with the original one to make some corrections.
In this way I translated a lot of russian/german/polish books (my bad I have not a "foreign language" attitude).
I also used it to "convert" a non-OCR pdf file (i.e. in english language) in a pdf OCRed and searchable file.
Bad news: it is not free... There are some free alternative softwares, but I did not tryed them, because ABBYY is very powerful and complete.
Below there is a screenshot of a german document as an example: on the left the orignal document, on the right the preview of the "output" doc.

ABBYY.jpg
PS: I do not receive any money for this advertisement...

Here it's;

Another fighter, included in the pilot construction plan for 1930-1933, received the designation
I-9. Polikarpov carried out his sketches and initial calculations in the summer of 1929. The aircraft was defined as high-speed, therefore it was made according to the monoplane scheme.
The project was discussed from November 1929, so work on the I-9 was continued by S.A. Kocherigin. Spring 1930
The Air Force Directorate has prepared tactical and technical requirements for a single-seat fighter I-9 with an engine
M-32 with 600 hp The following characteristics were required:

Speed max. at an altitude of 5000 m 330-350 km/h

Climb time 5000 m 5-7 min

Practical ceiling 8000-10 000 m

Landing speed 95 km/h

Armament - two machine guns PV-1 plus two more PV-1 in overload or a gun of 20-30 mm caliber. Bomb load - 80-100 kg. Additional requirements were: the installation of a Stroganov photo-machine gun and the possibility of a straight flight with an abandoned control stick. "An aircraft with a payload of 221 kg with a full supply of fuel must provide a flight range of 700-800 km at a combat altitude of 5000 m."

The possibility of obtaining the M-32 engine at the right time was regarded as unlikely, therefore, on March 16, 1930, the Scientific Committee of the Air Force Directorate sent to the plant
No. 25 technical requirements for the Curtiss "Conqueror" engine. Next, an approximate aerodynamic calculation of the I-9 was prepared, according to which the following flight data were assumed:

Maximum ground speed 275.4 km/h
Maximum speed at an altitude of 3000 m 264.7 km / h
Maximum speed at an altitude of 5000 m 261 km / h
Climb time 3000 m 6.4 min
Climb time 5000 m 14.3 min
Flight range 1030 km
Practical ceiling 7580 m

The document was signed by the director of plant No. 25 Gorshkov, assistant director for the technical part of Zonshine, head of the settlement part Yarovitsky. Judging by subsequent events, the layout of the aircraft and the possible power plant continued to be uncertain. On July 1, 1930, a meeting of the mock-up commission for the I-9 in the biplane version with the M-19 engine was held. Design work
continued until the middle of summer 1930. During this period, Kocherigin was the chief designer of aircraft plant No. 25, Sutugin and
Yatsenko. On the appointment of the I-9 fighter, it was said: “Offensive air combat with all types of aircraft and aeronautic vehicles both at the front and in their own air defense rear ... In exceptional cases -
ground assault and air reconnaissance. In the fall of 1930, the I-9 fighter project was excluded
from the pilot plan. This is the story of fighters designed by N.N. Polikarpov period of the 1920s
years has ended.
So what is the topic of Grigorovich's or Polikarpov's planes?

AlanG
If you have MicroSoft OneNote (not "OneNote for Windows 10"), you can paste the image file onto a page of the notebook, wait a bit, then right-click the image and click "Copy Text from Picture." Paste the text into Google Translate, et voila!

I'm finding that Google Translate is insanely tolerant of OCR errors. You'll need to do some manual editing in the course of a large block of text, but GT is amazing these days.

You can also take your phone, start the Google Translate app, press the Camera icon, and point the camera at the screen or at a print-out or book or magazine for instant translation. However, the translations are literally less stable because they'll change if the camera jiggles.

Oh, you can also open image files in the Google Translate app on your phone or tablet and it'll OCR them and translate.