Register here

Author Topic: Entwicklungsfahrzeug series  (Read 18663 times)

Offline Foo Fighter

• CLEARANCE: Secret
  • I came, I saw, I drank some tea (and had a bun).
Re: Entwicklungsfahrzeug series
« Reply #30 on: March 09, 2018, 08:18:10 am »
Understood, not finished the documents yet and those I have point to a difference between designs at different times and the change in doctrine.  I am trying to find a way to enhance the contrast and will post more as I get to it.  I was actually looking for information on different Maybach engines in order to recreate these in CAD form.  What I have read so far includes details of transmission and steering but this is all happenstance from contacting the tank museum about Maybach information.

Online GWrecks

• CLEARANCE: Restricted
  • Tailless Kitsunemimi
« Reply #32 on: September 21, 2018, 11:39:11 am »
Another E-series one, scout tank based on E-10 with Leopard turret.

BTW - does anybody know what is E-5?

1. How did they intend to keep that in the 10-ton range? The Leopard was nearly 22 tons.

2. Multiple sources suggest an E-5 was never actually proposed. For example, the drawing I think of regarding a proposed E-5 had six roadwheels when the E-10 had only four. That seems to imply it would be larger (The roadwheels were shared between models), despite being half the weight of an E-10. And having fewer roadwheels (Two?) would make it look like something out of a comic strip. Highly unlikely.
↑↑↓↓LRLRBA

Offline Michel Van

• CLEARANCE: Top Secret
« Reply #33 on: September 21, 2018, 12:32:58 pm »

1. How did they intend to keep that in the 10-ton range? The Leopard was nearly 22 tons.

2. Multiple sources suggest an E-5 was never actually proposed. For example, the drawing I think of regarding a proposed E-5 had six roadwheels when the E-10 had only four. That seems to imply it would be larger (The roadwheels were shared between models), despite being half the weight of an E-10. And having fewer roadwheels (Two?) would make it look like something out of a comic strip. Highly unlikely.

On E-10 it was Light tank design in 10-25 tonnes weight,

On E-5 was a supposed to be 5-10 tonnes in weight, more of fast reconnaissance vehicle and armored personnel carriers or battlefield tractor
some sources claim the E-5 was never part of Entwicklungsfahrzeug series

I love Strange Technology

Offline poky

• CLEARANCE: Restricted
    • midnight greys
« Reply #34 on: September 21, 2018, 01:23:30 pm »
A guy named Fritz Hahn wrote a book waffen und geheimwaffen he is the first to make the claim that the E-5 was a real thing, only wrote a couple of lines about it where he mostly talks about the Borgward with 6 panzerschreks which is of course not the E-5, the book is full off mistakes and other then the V-2 parts which he worked on its not worth getting.
The Rutcher part of the panzerkleinzerstorer project also claimed by some to be the E-5, started by achtungpanzer.com
So far there are no original documents that name the E-5.
I think the E-5 got misunderstood for panzerkleinzerstorer project as this is around the same time, similar weight and role   
Greetings Mondria
-------------------------------------------
site to my sculpting work
http://midnightgreys.blogspot.com/

Offline Foo Fighter

• CLEARANCE: Secret
  • I came, I saw, I drank some tea (and had a bun).
« Reply #35 on: Yesterday at 02:33:24 pm »
I get the impression that there were many re-designations and adjustment of role etc.  It seems that very little was set in stone but changed over time.