Register here

Author Topic: DDG-1000  (Read 102721 times)

Offline Moose

• CLEARANCE: Top Secret
Re: DDG-1000
« Reply #465 on: January 17, 2019, 11:15:41 am »
Yeah, but.......the part of the article dealing with procurement issues
rang pretty true.......at least in my limited experience.
POGO writers frequently have good points and include solid information, they also do not hide their lights under bushels so the good content in their articles can often feel like it's reinforcing a bias rather than informing a position. Th is program certainly has plenty of "this is what not to do" moments and absolutely should be examined in order to inform and teach so that the process can be improved, but calling them "...not tin cans so much as over-larded, cruiser-sized, titanium canisters" is both very inaccurate and generally neither useful nor helpful when evaluating either the ships or the process. The author also seems to misinterpret, deliberately or not, quotes and events from the program's troubled past in order to portray the present condition of the program as an inevitable outcome. That's problematic for any number of reasons, and it's hard to overlook when trying to evaluate the rest of the piece.

Offline fightingirish

« Reply #466 on: January 22, 2019, 02:15:44 pm »
The USS Michael Monsoor (DDG 1001) will be commissioned on the 25th of January,2019.
I Will Defend: Michael Monsoor’s story
Named for a Medal of Honor recipient and Navy SEAL, USS Michael Monsoor (DDG 1001) will be commissioned Jan. 25. Ahead of the ceremony, Master-At-Arms 2nd Class (SEAL) Michael Monsoor’s teammates share his story of his courageous and selfless actions. (U.S. Navy video by Austin Rooney/Released)
A powerful video;:

Code: [Select]
https://youtu.be/256ymQN8F70Pay attention to "Jocko" at end of the video.  B)
Slán,
fightingirish

Slán ist an Irish Gaelic word for Goodbye.  :)

McDonnell Douglas Model 225 painting by "The Artist" Michael Burke (Tavush) 2018, found at deviantart.com and at Secret Projects Forum » Research Topics » User Artwork » McDonnell Douglas Model 225 Painting

Offline sferrin

« Reply #467 on: January 22, 2019, 04:02:23 pm »
Jocko kicks ass.
"DARPA Hard"  It ain't what it use to be.

Offline Foo Fighter

• I came, I saw, I drank some tea (and had a bun).
« Reply #468 on: January 24, 2019, 02:53:29 am »
An extremely powerful piece.  We must make sure that everyone who defends and represents their nation in this manner get the very best support and equipment possible.  Something that has not been the case and is not the case now sadly.