What is going on with the Italian Secret Projects Book?

I remember first list of aircraft included in this volume :
Adamoli-Cattani fighter
Ambrosini SS.3
Ambrosini SS.4
Bellomo M.B.902
Beltrame Colibri
Bestetti Nardi BN.1
Bestetti BN.2
Bestetti BN.3
Bestetti BN.4
Breda Zappata BZ.308
Bugatti Model 100
Campini thermojet fighter and bomber
Caproni Campini N.1/N.2
Caproni Ca 60 Noviplano
Caproni Ca.183bis
Caproni Ca.380
Caproni-Vizzola F.6Z
Ciro Lamanna "Tutt Ala CL" or BWB bomber
D'Ascanio D'AT3 helicopter
Giovanni Pegna flying wing seaplane
IMAM Ro.67
Jona J.6
Jona J.10
Lombardi (SAIMAN) LB.2
Macchi C.205 Bifusoliera
Magni RR
Piaggio P.7
Piaggio P.23R
Piaggio P.50
Piaggio P.119
Piaggio P.127
Piaggio P.130
Piana-Canova all-wing planes
Reggiane Re.2005R and Re.2005 twin-fuselage designs
Reggaiane "Re.2007"
S.A.I. Ambrosini A.R.
SAI S-404
Savoia-Marchetti S.65
Savoia-Marchetti SM.91
Savoia-Marchetti SM.92
Stipa-Caproni
Caproni Ca.161
( first list of 2011) .

So i remember many others must be included :

Caproni-Vizzola F.5/F.4/F6Z F6M
Caproni 211
Macchi 204
Savoia-Marchetti SM.95B
Piaggio 123R
Piaggio P.112
Piaggio 108Bis
Piaggio P.114
Fiat G.30B
Fiat CR.44

Why is the Bugatti Model 100 included? Bugatti was a French company located in Alsace

Ettore Bugatti had very little to do in the design and development of the Bugatti - de Monge 100P. Count Pierre Louis de Monge de Franeau, who was Belgian, and his son Jean Bugatti (born in Germany), created the aircraft and its propulsion for Bugatti which was a French company, with seat in Molsheim, Bas-Rhin. If such dubious ethnicity or place-of-birth criteria were applied, then the whole history of aviation and astronautic would have to be rewritten: the Bugatti - de Monge 100P should feature in "Belgian Secret projects", and Apollo-Saturn would become a German-Belizean programme, because von Braun was German-born (hey! but his birthplace is now a Polish town!) and Maxime Faget was born (as an American admittedly) in Belize (then a British colony, however...). So on and so forth.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have received message from Amazon.it that volume will be avaible on 10 december .
Interestingly, Amazon (U.S.) says 30 September (probably an exaggeration) while Amazon (U.K.) says 30 November.

Unfortunately, Crecy's own website now says 30 April 2020!
Ok , it's better late than nothing

So, I have found out the hard way that Crecy has proceeded with the ISP title without my involvement. I received no correspondence from Crecy regarding their plans for the title and only found out that the book was in progress when someone sent me a link to Crecy's site regarding ISP. I am disappointed as I spent a good bit of time working on the manuscript. I contacted Crecy and confronted them with this and was informed that the individual at Crecy I worked with was no longer with the company and his replacement had come "in the middle" of this concern and it would appear that ISP was already underway. I have asked Crecy to provide information regarding the content of the book to ensure that the manuscript I sent them was not utilized in any form and if it was, then they need to make that right. If none of my manuscript was used, I asked them on my options of what I can do with it.

The cover looks really nice!

P.S.
Hikoki1946 if you are reading this, I sent you a PM last month, but you haven't logged in since (?). Cheers.

Hi Ed!
It's better to ask skybolt-san.
I'm long thinking that it's a collaborating work between you and skybolt-san.

Last edited:
Hi, don't expect an encyclopaedia on everything Italian designer devised in their mind and papers from 1935 to 1944, It will be a full history of the types that were seriously designed and developed responding to official RFPs or tendering to them (more or less...). The Bugatti will not definitively be there.

Hi, don't expect an encyclopaedia on everything Italian designer devised in their mind and papers from 1935 to 1944, It will be a full history of the types that were seriously designed and developed responding to official RFPs or tendering to them (more or less...). The Bugatti will not definitively be there.
How many pages will it eventually comprise? (CRECY's latest tomes shows them, fortunately, not 'constrained' as Ian Allen was.

hallo everyone,

Skybolt, I looked at Crecy website for your book and noticed two things on the cover:
- in the almost 200 pictures of the S.M.92 available in the SIAI archive, there is no evidence of the prototype sporting those Italian markings (that were no longer in use at the time of the flight trials) but only german markings. can you point me to the source of that info?

- please note that the "fasci" on the left-wing are mirrored: the blades were always facing outward.

hope this helps

Paolo

Fair enough - Crecy's search engine leaves a lot to be desired it seems. I searched on both title and author separately as well as variations thereof and it kept showing no results.

my amazon italy - not avaible

Attachments

• Screenshot_2020-06-23 Amazon it Italian Secret Projects Aircraft Projects and Prototypes 1935-...png
    Screenshot_2020-06-23 Amazon it Italian Secret Projects Aircraft Projects and Prototypes 1935-...png
    307.3 KB · Views: 51
Amazon.com.au - not showing cancelled... YET. Fingers crossed. Will keep the forum posted

Has anyone else noticed: (with some vendors): the 'intended' pages is -- not the previous Ian Allen "Secret Projects" format of 176-pages -- now, listed at: 320 pages. Moreover, the 'thickness' is also listed (either) at: 25.4-mm (or) 1-inch (?) Given that some of the more recent Secret Projects volumes (recent ones by CRECY), are well over 200-pages (and some 3/4"-thick), an (intended) 320-pages would have to be a (full) inch!

Has anyone else noticed: (with some vendors): the 'intended' pages is -- not the previous Ian Allen "Secret Projects" format of 176-pages -- now, listed at: 320 pages. Moreover, the 'thickness' is also listed (either) at: 25.4-mm (or) 1-inch (?) Given that some of the more recent Secret Projects volumes (recent ones by CRECY), are well over 200-pages (and some 3/4"-thick), an (intended) 320-pages would have to be a (full) inch!
I don't know : this book will be have 176 pages and over 200 photos / illustrations

I don't know : this book will be have 176 pages and over 200 photos / illustrations
(I would not be sure about that.) CRECY's website appears as if it merely 'lifted' some ol' stuff from the originally-intended Ian Allen editorialship/format fixed at 176 pages. (But CRECY is not bound to it, from their own recent offerings.)

According to Amazon.co.jp....

"Italian Secret Projects: Aircraft Projects and Prototypes 1935-1944 Hard cover 2020/9/15
Marco Comelli (Author)
¥ 4,060
We are accepting reservations now.
This item is sold and shipped by Amazon.co.jp."

Amazon.co jp is reliable.

Last edited: