What is going on with the Italian Secret Projects Book?

Some of you may know that Crécy Publishing has acquired Ian Allan Publishing's Midland and Classic imprints. I've yet to hear from Crécy Publishing about what they plan to do with Italian Secret Projects but once I hear from them, I'll keep everyone informed.

Hikoki1946 said:
Some of you may know that Crécy Publishing has acquired Ian Allan Publishing's Midland and Classic imprints. I've yet to hear from Crécy Publishing about what they plan to do with Italian Secret Projects but once I hear from them, I'll keep everyone informed.

Thanks for keep us informed. I hope they publish it.

If you go to Crecy's website, their "New Books" link, usually fairly brief, has no fewer than 524 entries, most of which are "new" only to Crecy. In addition to what has been mentioned, the Aviolibri books from Italy are also included.

http://www.crecy.co.uk/products_new.php

So, I mentioned Italian Secret Projects (ISP) to Crécy and right now, they are working to get published those Midland titles that were at or near completion. But, they are interested in ISP (as the contract for it was purchased by Crécy) and we will be discussing the book further and try to get it into print.

Well, it is a topic not too often done in English, so, that seems to be the elixir keeping the book project alive.

blackkite said:
It must be a amazing book. ;)

It looks like Crecy is a far more focused and sympathetic publisher to aviation subjects; unfortunately, this 'transfer' can only but defer this project - :( for yet a few more years (in the dugout).

With Britain, the US, the postwar USSR, Japan and (hopefully soon) Italy fixed up, I can only guess French Secret Projects must be next in line - although whether it could be split into bomber and fighter lines would depend on what timespan the putative author chose to cover and that in turn depends on whether a lot of the paperwork for pre-war designs managed to survive WW2.

We are fortunate w.r.t. Secret Projects books thus far in that both the British and the Germans were obsessive record-keepers par excellence (inasmuch as enemy bombing allowed) and that the United States has never sustained a serious bombing raid on its continental territory. The big surprise has been just how much the fall of the Iron Curtain and USSR has shown us what the Soviets were doing.

Getting back to ISP, though, I'm very much looking forward to it (for very biased ethnic-origin reasons ;D ).

I know there wasn't much in the way of Italian post-WWII projects, but I would be interested in some of the transitional aircraft as the various Italian companies fought for their corporate existence. I would also like to see the post-war projects of the various smaller European nations, on both sides of the curtain.

Well, Crecy is receptive to it. I mean, even Midland kept it alive despite it all. So, I have a good feeling that once the docket gets cleared of former Midland books that were at or near publication following the sale, ISP will get a look and see where it stands. With the material in hand, it proceeded with, there isn't too more more left to fill the holes.

As for immediate post-war aircraft designs, this was one of the motivations for my self-published Anschließend die Sendereihe series.

Hikoki1946 said:
As for immediate post-war aircraft designs, this was one of the motivations for my self-published Anschließend die Sendereihe series.
Speaking of which, when are we going to see new volumes in that series? It has been awhile.....

Not too sure. Right now, the work for the "big box" publishers comes first. Asides from keeping ISP alive, I've one book in the works for Fonthill Media and a possible second. So, alas, my own independent works have to come second.

gatoraptor said:
Hikoki1946 said:
Speaking of which, when are we going to see new volumes in that series? It has been awhile.....

Hello!
Are there some little news? How's the work going?
I'd love to have this book in my bookshelf! :) Considering there's no other work on Italian Projects!

Hi,
I'd like to know what's the status of this book considering that the last update/news we have is from 2 years and 5 months ago.
Is there a little hope?

May be time to remove the 'sticky' on this until there is some positive news on publication date

I would be really thrilled to see an Italian Secret Projects book!

I don't know the reasons behind why this effort seems to have stalled, but if there is anything I can contribute or help with to get this back on track, ranging from the basic writing/translating/proof-reading to ilustrations, please feel free to contact me.

It's a sadly missed chapter that ought to reach the light of the day!

Wishing you all the best!

Regards.

Marco Comelli, the author, has not logged onto the forum since March 1st this year. Not a good sign.

Greetings! So, it has been some time without word about ISP (Italian Secret Projects) so here is a brief update. Some of you may know that Midland Publishing, an imprint of Ian Allan Publishing, was sold off to Crécy Publishing. The sale included both of my JSP books as well as ISP which at the time was still in development. The book languished in "development hell" (to borrow the screenplay/film term) for a good while. In the meantime, work continued to get done by myself and Skybolt, albeit slowly as well as photographs collected. If I had to give a percentage, the book would be about 65% completed. A cover was sourced but color profile artwork is still needed to compliment the photographs. Several chapters remain incomplete.

Crécy Publishing has recently expressed the desire to get ISP back on track and get it to print. So, in the coming weeks, I'll be putting things together to see where the book stands in terms of in-hand content and what is still needed to finish it.

Thanks for the continued support!

Hikoki1946 said:
A cover was sourced but color profile artwork is still needed to compliment the photographs. Several chapters remain incomplete.

Hi Hikoki!

I've been working with Dan Sharp, Konstantin Udalov and the late Steve Pace on providing artworks for some of their great works and, as an Italian, I'd be more than interested in lending a hand if you need help with this project.
Please, feel free to contact me anytime ;)

Most excellent news as I am eagerly awaiting this title. I've been very interested in Italian aircraft since interning at AerMacchi "way back when" (summer of 1972).

Here's the cover art at present. Notice there is no number - evidently everything will fit in one volume.

Attachments

• Italian Secret Projects.jpg
    Italian Secret Projects.jpg
    31.3 KB · Views: 532
I'm glad this is coming closer to release. I suppose its more niche than another book on Luft '46 but I'm excited for information on such an underserved area.

The cover looks really nice!

P.S.
Hikoki1946 if you are reading this, I sent you a PM last month, but you haven't logged in since (?). Cheers.