Aircraft - Real or fake?

On my computer I found this picture I got on the Web but that Google seems to find no more: 1913 Voisin "Petit Blindé".
Does someone know if this was true or is this is a fake picture of nowadays from old sources?
Thanks.

Attachments

• 1913VoisinPetitBlinde.jpg
    1913VoisinPetitBlinde.jpg
    11.9 KB · Views: 469
Bonjour

It's true : flown in 1913 ,and used by the french army untill august 1914 .
Engine was an inline 200 hp Clerget-Blin (fom Aviation Magazine)

Stargazer2006 said:
Nice but all fake... Apparently TaleSpin was a Disney animated cartoon series. Here's what the TaleSpin website says... (red type is mine)

Imagine another Earth — similar to ours, yet altogether different — set in a time period reflecting the golden age of air travel. Put in a handful of characters from one of Walt Disney's animated classics and give them new lives; add a generous helping of never-before-seen people, places, and things; blend humor and drama in equal parts; cram in as much fun and adventure as you can, adding a dash of danger and a healthy dose of heart-filled storytelling. You now have the formula for what is an unsung highlight of animated television — a series which many consider to be the finest the Disney Company ever released.

TaleSpin, a spin-off loosely based on Walt Disney's 1967 adaptation of The Jungle Book, stars Baloo Bear as an ace pilot from the harbor city of Cape Suzette, in a fantasy world whose citizens are clothed, talking animal-people. The fuzzy, fun-loving bear and his new best buddy, navigator Kit Cloudkicker, fly deliveries for an air cargo company called "Higher for Hire" run by Rebecca Cunningham, sharp businesswoman and caring mother of young daughter Molly. Their compatriots include the singing orangutan Louie, now the proud manager of a swinging island nightclub, and also Higher for Hire's trusty, rust-brained mechanic Wildcat.

Aboard the fabulous airplane the Sea Duck, these "friends for life" travel to distant places, finding high-flying action and adventure (or rather, it finds them) as they run afoul of adversaries such as Don Karnage, egomaniacal leader of the dreaded Air Pirates; Shere Khan, CEO of the largest corporation in the world, Khan Industries; and Colonel Spigot, tyrannical commander from the frozen, communist country of Thembria. Through thick and thin, the heroes learn valuable lessons on courage, honesty, and friendship, always winning as they team up to turn things around on troublemakers.

TaleSpin officially debuted on syndicated television on September 9, 1990, with the premiere of its introductory TV-movie "Plunder & Lightning." Fans since justifiably view the series as the pinnacle of the Disney Afternoon's program lineup, as well as one of the best shows (animated or otherwise) of its decade. In spite of critical praise (best embodied by the Emmy Award won by "Plunder & Lightning" and an Emmy nomination for all 65 episodes), TaleSpin seemed undeservedly downplayed by its parent company. Yet its quality has earned the appreciation of many who seek to preserve this special series for generations to come.

The TaleSpin world is filled with aircraft of every kind. Air freight and shipping is the lifeblood of commerce and industry, and cargo planes of every kind sail the affluent skies, from the outdated but well-beloved Conwing L-16 to huge super-transports carrying several tons of cargo.

The safety of the skies is equally important. Air pirates lurk the shipping lanes aboard huge airships, pouncing on unwary merchant planes in their fast, deadly fighter craft. In response, coast guard forces and the military are equipped with the swiftest of modern fighters to curtail the pirate threat. Khan Industries leads the world in shipping and exports due primarily to its vast fleet of cargo transports, and employs the most advanced fighter craft to protect company interests.

Sources:
http://talespinsourcepage.i8.com/introduction.htm
http://talespinsourcepage.i8.com/aircraft.htm
http://talespinsourcepage.i8.com/equipment_3.htm

Conwing was a fictionalized version of Boeing, though the aircraft itself is based on the Fairchild C-82 transport and the Grumman HU-16 amphibian aircraft. :)

The serial was also partially inspired by the 1982 (live action) TV serial Tales of the Gold Monkey and by Sam's and Rebecca's relationship in Cheers.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tale_Spin

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tales_of_the_Gold_Monkey

Yeah, that's the Sea Duck, alright. I grew up watching that show as a kid. Baloo and his friends are constantly getting that thing shot up by Don Karnage's air pirates. If we could get an air-to-air Exocet missile under the Sea Duck's wings, DK would be cooked. Shere Khan would get mighty interested in Baloo's newfound weapons technology, however... ;D

A company going by the name Hydro Lance Corporation is advertising their "High-Speed Large-Aircraft Float-Pontoons" and Hydro-Lance (HARTH) technology, but all they seem to produce on their website is a string of not too convincing computer graphics.

Amidst their "Fast Patrol boats", their "Super Yachts" and their "Patrol Interceptors", there is a project for "HARTH Hi-Bred Flight-Pontoons Retrofit For Heavy Aircraft", a floating apparatus supposed to be fitted to a Hercules transport for take-off and landing from the sea's surface (albeit with the help of auxiliary jets on either side of the fuselage).

My question is: is this a realistic arrangement? Or are we in the presence of another aspiring inventor merely trying to pass of his dreams for reality? Most of all, is there such a thing as a "Hydro Lance Corporation"? Existence of a website in itself being anything but proof, since anyone can create a site and claim just about anything... My main reason for doubting is that there is absolutely NO photograph on the site, not even a scale model, let alone a prototype...

Attachments

• C-130-TakeOff-HLpontoons.jpg
    C-130-TakeOff-HLpontoons.jpg
    207.3 KB · Views: 1,173
Found on a book cover. The novels plot has some eerie similarities to United 232 (The Sioux City Crash) in that tail damage locks the plane into a continuous turn and disaster is averted due to the pilots aerobatic experience.

The aircraft in the novel seems to be a thinly disguised Tristar. The cover on the other hand has what seems to be a cross between a Boeing & a Tupolev (Tu-104)

Attachments

• HoldingPattern.jpg
    HoldingPattern.jpg
    112.2 KB · Views: 957
This is kind of awkward to explain. There are many people on this board who will post designs of fictitious aircraft, a/c in fictitious markings, etc. There are people who create fantasy corporations for their own amusement. I think this falls into that category. Of course we are all familiar with real corporations that never produced anything but pretty websites, also.

Stargazer2006 said:
My question is: is this a realistic arrangement?

Searching for "High Aspect Ratio Twin Hull" shows, that this concept still is regarded with a lot
of scepticism, because those very long and slender fuselages may mean a lot of material and weight
and still may be very prone to bending loads. With regards to the use of this technology for
seaplanes, it puzzles me, that those twin hulls are principally designed to stay under the surface to
achieve low drag and enable high speed. So I cannot imagine, that it's a very suitable technology for
seaplanes and the "Fat Albert" and the Boeing 727 are certainly meant to take off, though, there are
other projects on the site for conversion of jet liners into high speed ships.

I found the attached image at The Transport Archive:

G1539 An artists impression of a VTOL passenger aircraft that could operate from a suitable building in a city. These drawings date from the 1960's and we are a long way from seeing this type of transport in our cities.
Publisher Bristol Siddeley
Contributor Rolls-Royce Plc
Creator corporatename, British Aircraft Corporation; ,
Date , ; ,
Type Drawings, Artists impression; ,
Format dimension.W, 187mm; , ; , ; ,
Identifier E139346
Source Rolls Royce Heritage Trust
Language EN
Relation , ; , ; , ; ,
Coverage Location.Creation Site, Filton; , ; , ; ,
Rights Rights as agreed and detailed in signed agreement
File created 4:2:1, 17/5/2004

Source:
http://www.aviationarchive.org.uk/Gpages/html/G1539.html

It certainly isn't a VTOL airliner, but could this be an artist's impression of the BAC QSTOL?

Attachments

• G1539.jpg
    G1539.jpg
    260.3 KB · Views: 951
Don't think it's a fake, but the questions is, what's the probability of this
vehicle ever being realised ? The "AirShip Technologies Group" still seems not to
be a company in common sense, but a number of volunteers, who are working on
this project during their spare time (unpaid, of course !). You can join this group
by yourself and chose the field, you would like to work at :http://www.airshiptg.org/collaborationroles.htm
To me it seems, that still yet only a number of fancy drawings and computer renderings
were, done, maybe by the CEO himself, if he still is the leader of a one-man-team ! ;)

some one ask me, if i know this aircraft
never see before
real or piece of artwork ?

the source, so guy tell me was blog post with 10 most ugly and bizarre military aircaft
but no info about what is show on the picture :mad:

Attachments

• wtf-mil-aircraft-500-22.jpg
    wtf-mil-aircraft-500-22.jpg
    86.9 KB · Views: 199
Glad you mention this one! I have also a picture of that project and never knew what it was or what to do with it...

Attachments

• images2.jpg
    images2.jpg
    6.3 KB · Views: 1,117
Jemiba said:
Don't think it's a fake, but the questions is, what's the probability of this
vehicle ever being realised ? The "AirShip Technologies Group" still seems not to
be a company in common sense, but a number of volunteers, who are working on
this project during their spare time (unpaid, of course !). You can join this group
by yourself and chose the field, you would like to work at :http://www.airshiptg.org/collaborationroles.htm
To me it seems, that still yet only a number of fancy drawings and computer renderings
were, done, maybe by the CEO himself, if he still is the leader of a one-man-team ! ;)

Thank you my dear Jemiba

From paralay, LMFS (Liogkiy Mnogofunktsionalniy Frontovoi Samolyot) circa 2003:

Source:
http://www.paralay.com/lmfs.html

Fighter -25 (I-25A) flat nozzle

Side view of 18.97 m
Top view of 63.1 m
Front view of 5.62 m
The volume of 18.88 cubic meters
Wing Area 39 square meters
Fuel system
Fuselage tanks 15.44 x 5.36 x 1.49
Volume of 4.98 cubic meters
Weight 3900 kg of fuel
Wing tanks 7.66 x 0.55 x 1.1
Volume of 1.7 cubic meters
Weight 1335 kg of fuel
The total weight of fuel 5235 kg / 7035 kg (2 x 900 kg)

Range

Consumption cruise 0.62 kg / kg * h
Flow rate at maximum 0.75 kg / kg * h
Range, complete filling of the PTB + 4600 km
The range of 1600 km
Range, complete filling of 3,400 km,
The range of 1200 km
Range, the fuselage tank 2,500 km
The range of 900 km
Weight:
Maximum 9500 + 5235 + 100 + 5000 + 200 (4 CRA 50 kg) = 20 035 kg
A normal 9500 + 3900 + 100 + 600 = 14100 kg
Empty 9500 kg
Fuel 3900 kg / 5235 kg
Loads 600 kg / 5,000 kg
Load:
normal 2 P-73 + 2 P-77 = 220 kg + 380 kg = 600 kg
the maximum 6 AB-500 AB-4 + 500 = 5000 kg, plus four underwing CRA of 50 kg
Ferry range.
Take-off weight of 9500 kg + 100 kg + 5235 kg + 1125 x 4 + 400 kg (db) = 19 735 kg
Fuel Weight 5235 kg + 900 kg x 4 = 8835 kg
Range of 5800 km

Attachments

• 2501.png
    2501.png
    1,011.3 KB · Views: 1,377
Triton, is this real, or fake? And what manufacturer is this supposed to be from?

Stargazer2006 said:
Triton, is this real, or fake? And what manufacturer is this supposed to be from?

That's what I am trying to determine, hence posting in the "Real or fake" topic. If I understand the text written by paralay via Google Translate, it is a United Aircraft Corporation project and isn't designated as a Mikoyan or Sukhoi project.

I think it is a completely fake heavy strategic bomber.

Attachments

• images 1.jpg
    images 1.jpg
    9 KB · Views: 1,724
And what about the Blohm & Voss MGRP? Do we have any hard evidence, it is a real wartime project?

http://www.luft46.com/bv/bvrmist.html

The whole concept looks strange to me, especially that there's practically no place for fuel left in the 'carrier' aircraft, for its return flight. The space for radar and avionics seem to be rather cramped too.
And the name, Manuell Gesteuertes Raketen Projektil, is strange for the German standards... Especially that the thing is powered by a ramjet, not a rocket.

I'd say it looks as real as the "Lippisch glider bomber' to me.

Regards

Grzesio

Was this a real ramjet powered interceptor or not ?.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    69.9 KB · Views: 713
hesham said:
Was this a real ramjet powered interceptor or not ?.

hesham, as the text suggests, it is an "award" to a reader of the magazine... In other words, an imaginary design by an aviation enthusiasts which ranked second in that magazine's contest, not an industry project at all!

It's a "what if" jet/rocket interceptor that was part of a magazine contest. [...] didn't let me know in the email which issue date of Air Trails it came out of, but this sort of thing was what they were doing with their readers in the late 40s and early 50s. I note at the bottom of the page (in a part of the illustration that I cropped away) that the winning entry each month received a $25 prize, while the runners up (2nd and 3rd place) got $5 each.
Source: http://www.jetex.org/scripts/yabb2/nph-YaBB.pl?num=1258848483;start=all
BTW, this was my starting point, when I was googling for the Tremulis fighter a few days ago. ;)

A Sikorsky S-58 with normal tail and huge contra-rotating propellers in the nose... Is this picture a fake? Thanks for any pointers!

Attachments

• biggyro - copy.jpg
    biggyro - copy.jpg
    9 KB · Views: 1,434
Since the normal single engine has been removed, and I don't see any signs of alternate air inlets or exhausts, I vote fake.

Also since the helicopter is angled to the left and the propeller to the right its not even a well done photo fake.

The "source" probably is a book written by Friedrich Georg ! He's an "author", who still "proves", that Germany was just
about to win the war and that finishing the German A-bomb was just around the corner ...
And somebody else did some kitbashing to portray his idea of, well a Mistel-Rocket-Fighter/Bomber ...
Just my opinion, but I think it's BS..... eehm,... "fake " !

Hi,

I know we spoke about EMW A-11 in this topic;
http://www.secretprojects.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,11393.msg108457.html#msg108457

but was that a real A-11 project?,may be its variant;
http://discaircraft.greyfalcon.us/HERMANN%20NOORDUNG%20WOHNRAD.htm

Attachments

• A-11.jpg
    A-11.jpg
    21.1 KB · Views: 422
Many questions are already answered in the thread, you've mentioned, hard data are said tobe very scarce,
all what is published, is more or less pure speculation. The A11 is said to have had 6 eocket engines, although
a model shows 8 of them. If you look at this drawing, you'll find ... 7 nozzles, that means 7 engines, all in a
line ! To me, this seems not to be a very probable layout, to say the least.
And, although nearly all sites contain at least a grain of truth, the source here is the "greyfalcon" site again,
a site we discussed several times before and always with the result: Not recommended with regards to credibility!

Hi,

was this a real Ekranoplane design?,or it is just a model.

http://www.infoflotforum.ru/index.php?showtopic=37159&st=70

Attachments

• Ekranoplane.jpg
    Ekranoplane.jpg
    44.9 KB · Views: 873
Back
Top Bottom