Register here

Author Topic: Chinese Space Projects  (Read 20080 times)

Offline flateric

• Deputy Administrator
  • CLEARANCE: Top Secret
"There are many disbelievers in
stealth, more than a few of them truly technically ignorant and proud of it." Sherm Mullin, Skunk Works

Offline Michel Van

Re: Chinese Space Projects
« Reply #46 on: July 04, 2017, 12:39:11 pm »
Second Launch of Long March 5 had some problems
and payload not got in it designated orbit

watching this video
i notice that top Booster is burning "dimmer" as the rest (at 2:22),
seem they had Engine problem in that Booster

« Last Edit: July 04, 2017, 12:42:56 pm by Michel Van »
I love Strange Technology

Offline Grey Havoc

• The path not taken.
The sole imperative of a government, once instituted, is to survive.

Offline Michel Van

« Reply #48 on: May 16, 2018, 07:31:14 am »
If this Article is Right
https://www.popsci.com/chinas-2020-plan-for-reusable-space-launch?con=TrueAnthem&dom=fb&lnk=TA&src=SOC&utm_campaign=&utm_content=5afb516b4b73850007a2285a&utm_medium=&utm_source=

will China start in two years to reuse there Long March 8 rocket.

next to that is Linkspace's New Line 1 rocket

Offline merriman

• CLEARANCE: Secret
  • David Douglass Merriman lll
« Reply #49 on: May 16, 2018, 11:23:29 am »
Well ... if you're gonna steal, steal from the best.

*sigh*

Hey, Trump! How about protecting our intellectual property! Remember when Clinton sold guidance technology to the Red's? How come he's not picking up the soap bar in a prison shower? If I did that I would be the one backing out of the prison shower every night! (see: American submarine sailor who did time for a few photos taken in an old submarines engine-room).

I don't blame the Chinese -- they're taking the escalator, not the stairs. Smart. It's up to us to guard the gate. Our representatives are unwilling/incapable of doing so. Why is it so many representatives at the Federal level leave office as millionaires?

Sorry about the rant, but I see our government and treasure slipping away from us each day. Securing the vent.

David
We're the extra fuel they may need, Stanton...

Offline sferrin

« Reply #50 on: May 16, 2018, 11:33:38 am »
Wait, China NEVER copies anything.  ::)
"DARPA Hard"  It ain't what it use to be.

Offline Michel Van

« Reply #51 on: May 16, 2018, 11:39:10 am »

no, no, no, Chinese Engineers found same solution to same problem...

seems in 2020s, Rocket Sommer is coming !

Offline sferrin

« Reply #52 on: May 16, 2018, 03:49:21 pm »

I guess time will tell as at one point they'd planned on ripping off Pegasus as well.
"DARPA Hard"  It ain't what it use to be.

Offline merriman

• CLEARANCE: Secret
  • David Douglass Merriman lll
« Reply #53 on: May 16, 2018, 05:02:46 pm »

I guess time will tell as at one point they'd planned on ripping off Pegasus as well.

What! ... no reservoir tip? Those inscrutable Chinese.

David
We're the extra fuel they may need, Stanton...

Offline Flyaway

« Reply #54 on: May 31, 2018, 05:40:08 am »
Chinese space station: Beijing invites world to join its project as ISS support falters

IT’S testbed may have fallen to Earth earlier this year. But China says it has learnt enough to commit to building a massive new space station. And it’s invited the world to get aboard.

“CSS belongs not only to China, but also to the world,” UN ambassador Shi Zhongjun told the state-run Xinhua news agency. “All countries, regardless of their size and level of development, can participate in the co-operation on an equal footing.”

It’s an open hand of welcome that has been denied to China itself.

https://www.news.com.au/technology/science/space/chinese-space-station-beijing-invites-world-to-join-its-project-as-iss-support-falters/news-story/d1c68055b320e7fb95837b22a5b73e33

Offline FighterJock

« Reply #55 on: June 01, 2018, 01:53:06 am »
I wonder how long it will take China to build it own large space station, considering how long it took the west.  And remember we had the Space Shuttle to help us carry the larger sections of the ISS.

Offline Flyaway

« Reply #56 on: June 01, 2018, 01:45:08 pm »
Lot of sourcing on this article.

Here’s what we know about China’s future space station

https://qz.com/1292014/heres-what-we-know-about-chinas-future-space-station/amp/

Offline blackstar

« Reply #57 on: June 01, 2018, 02:52:43 pm »
I wonder how long it will take China to build it own large space station, considering how long it took the west.  And remember we had the Space Shuttle to help us carry the larger sections of the ISS.

It is going to be much smaller than ISS. They're planning for three segments. Figure that they could put two up in a year, a third the following year. It would be semi-operational when they launch the first module. So it's not going to take them long to get it up and working.

China follows a very careful, methodical pace with their human spaceflight program. There are no surprises with it, and it's very predictable.

Offline Archibald

« Reply #58 on: June 02, 2018, 01:30:22 am »
I suppose that's the reason why so few Shenzhou flew since 2003. The Chinese knew that those flights have next to zero usefulness (bar propaganda) without a space station, so they flew an absolute minimum of them. The real question is whether there will ramping up the flight rate once they will get a space station running. On paper: from one shezhou every three year, to three Shenzhou a year (that was Soyuz classic flight rates in the days of Salyut and Mir and even ISS - 120 Soyuz in 40 years =  three a year).
« Last Edit: June 02, 2018, 01:32:33 am by Archibald »
Conservatoire de l'Air et de l'Espace d'Aquitaine - Bordeaux - Mérignac / Dassault aviation museum
http://www.caea.info/en/plan.php

Offline blackstar

« Reply #59 on: June 02, 2018, 08:35:54 am »
I suppose that's the reason why so few Shenzhou flew since 2003. The Chinese knew that those flights have next to zero usefulness (bar propaganda) without a space station, so they flew an absolute minimum of them. The real question is whether there will ramping up the flight rate once they will get a space station running. On paper: from one shezhou every three year, to three Shenzhou a year (that was Soyuz classic flight rates in the days of Salyut and Mir and even ISS - 120 Soyuz in 40 years =  three a year).

I think there were several things behind that flight rate, but they can probably be best summarized into the following:

-engineering philosophy
-resources

The Chinese have demonstrated by now that their approach is to take fewer, bigger strides. They obviously have studied the American and Russian programs a lot, so they don't think that they need to do as many individual test flights.

It also appears that they don't have as much funding as the program managers would like. I think people in the West tend to look at a command-driven government like China and think that they simply make a decision and do it. But they have a lot of different levels in their government, and there have been indications that the people in the space program have wanted to do more, but the money has not come from the government to allow them to do all those things. So they've moved at a slower pace than many in the program would like.

But what I find so interesting (and indeed admirable) is that they seem to get as much out of each individual mission as possible to enable the next step. It looks like effective planning. Of course, that could also be because we're not seeing everything that is going on behind the scenes, including the false steps and mistakes.