Register here

Author Topic: Patriot SAM replacement  (Read 111764 times)

Offline bring_it_on

• CLEARANCE: Top Secret
  • I really should change my personal text
Re: Patriot SAM replacement
« Reply #510 on: December 14, 2018, 03:38:50 am »
Lockheed is finishing development and putting the TPY-X into production..Perhaps this could be seen as a companion surveillance sensor to LTAMDS if the Army ever decides that it can afford two sensors..

Lockheed Martin readies its latest L-band radar for production
Old radar types never die; they just phased array - Unknown

Offline bring_it_on

« Reply #511 on: December 18, 2018, 06:14:52 pm »
U.S. State Department clears $3.5 billion sale of Patriot missiles to Turkey

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - The U.S. State Department has approved a possible $3.5 billion sale of Patriot air and missile defense systems to Turkey, the Pentagon said on Tuesday after notifying Congress of the certification.

The Defense Security Cooperation Agency said the State Department had approved the sale of 80 Patriot guidance-enhanced missiles and 60 other missiles to Ankara along with related equipment, including radar sets, engagement control stations and launching stations.

Offline marauder2048

• "I should really just relax"
« Reply #512 on: December 19, 2018, 07:58:39 pm »
Orbital Sciences Corp., Chandler, Arizona, is awarded a $46,471,808 modification to a
previously awarded firm-fixed-price, cost reimbursable contract (N00019-18-C-1047)
that exercises an option to procure 15 full-rate production Lot 13 GQM-163A Coyote
supersonic sea skimming target base vehicles,  14 for the Navy and one for the Army. 
The Army procured target vehicle will be used to test and evaluate the Lower Tier Air and Missile Defense Sensor,
Limited User Test target system. 

my emphasis

Offline bring_it_on

« Reply #513 on: December 19, 2018, 08:21:24 pm »
Nice to see they are keeping things on track for an accelerated timeline. Has the GQM-163A been used previously as part of a prior patriot deployment build testing?

Offline sferrin

« Reply #514 on: December 20, 2018, 03:21:59 am »
Nice to see they are keeping things on track for an accelerated timeline. Has the GQM-163A been used previously as part of a prior patriot deployment build testing?

Hopefully they don't just look at it with a radar, and that they actually try to shoot it down. 
"DARPA Hard"  It ain't what it use to be.

Offline bring_it_on

« Reply #515 on: December 20, 2018, 06:01:50 am »
Eventually it will come to that once the radar is integrated with the software and they are well into developmental and Operational testing. Depending upon what stage the DOT&E's 5th generation aerial target program is then, I'm sure it will also be brought in to try to mimic 5th gen fighters as I remember this was something cited in the original DOTE plans.

Offline bring_it_on

« Reply #516 on: January 07, 2019, 02:08:51 pm »
Army, USMC exploring IBCS-G/ATOR integration; sign of new confidence in IAMD development

The Army is coordinating with the Marine Corps to integrate the Ground/Air Task Oriented Radar (G/ATOR) with the Integrated Air and Missile Defense program, a sign of new confidence by the Army that its $7.9 billion IAMD program -- beset two years ago by a string of serious developmental setbacks and schedule delays -- has turned a corner and is "on track" for fielding in 2022 or sooner.

Col. Philip Rottenborn, project manager for Integrated Air and Missile Defense in the program executive office for missiles and space, disclosed these developments in a Jan. 7 response to reporters' questions about the Integrated Battle Command System -- the IAMD common integrated-fire control element that provides the functional capabilities to control and manage the IAMDS sensors and shooters.

The addition of the Marine Corps' AN/TPS-80 G/ATOR radar would mark an expansion of the baseline IBCS capability, which integrates Patriot radars and launchers with Sentinel radars, and builds on the design of the system which is intended to allow the Army to plug in compatible sensors....

While the IBCS program baseline calls for initial fielding in 2022, Rottenborn said the service might consider pulling that date forward.

"The Army will evaluate early fielding opportunities based upon system performance in near-term developmental testing and operational testing in 2020," he said. "The open architecture enables the warfighter to prioritize requirements beyond the initial baseline."

Offline bring_it_on

« Reply #517 on: January 13, 2019, 04:27:28 pm »