Beriev LL-600 strategic bomber/transport seaplane project

Beriev LL-600, not IL-600 as named previously.

http://www.testpilot.ru/russia/beriev/600/ll600.htm

Attachments

• ll600.jpg
    ll600.jpg
    31.8 KB · Views: 831
  • ll600_3.jpg
    ll600_3.jpg
    56.6 KB · Views: 682
Hmm, perhaps it is just the perspective, but wouldn't the water line be awfully close to the engines on that one?

The problems are:

1. Is anyone going to build a large seaplaneport facility? Actually, you would need several. It's sort of a chicken/egg situation.

2. Even if these were landplanes, customers have shown a real reluctance to purchase aircraft with unorthodox configurations. See Boeing Dreamliner, Beechcraft Starship, etc.

Lampshade111 said:
Hmm, perhaps it is just the perspective, but wouldn't the water line be awfully close to the engines on that one?

No. Take a look at the Seadart for example. Also these planes are not designed for operations in the very bad weather.

royabulgaf said:
1. Is anyone going to build a large seaplaneport facility? Actually, you would need several. It's sort of a chicken/egg situation.

I think that only the modification of some area in the current big harbours can do the thing. If this investing will pay its costs, then why not?

royabulgaf said:
2. Even if these were landplanes, customers have shown a real reluctance to purchase aircraft with unorthodox configurations. See Boeing Dreamliner, Beechcraft Starship, etc.

This was for a long time my opinion too, but when I went deeply to the problem, I found once again the magic word "costs". If this plane is cheaper enough, than it will find its customers. You mentioned Dreamliner and Starship, but none of this planes failed because the customers just thought that they look weird. Dreamliner was too costly to develop with only a small improvement in the speed compared to the standard airliners and the Starship went to the costs and design/manufacturing/certification problems, that were later solved, but because the delays the plane entered the market on the worst possible time.

Here´s the 100ton monster LL-600 in the harbour...

Attachments

• LL-600.jpg
    542 KB · Views: 553
Hi display model.

http://aviadejavu.ru/Site/Arts/Art2920.htm

Attachments

• 45-4.jpg
    45-4.jpg
    37.6 KB · Views: 368
more ...

Attachments

• LL-600....jpg
    LL-600....jpg
    195.9 KB · Views: 127
  • LL-600...jpg
    LL-600...jpg
    187.4 KB · Views: 135
  • LL-600..jpg
    LL-600..jpg
    231.1 KB · Views: 365
Amazing pictures!! Thanks a lot. :D
More model pictures.
http://www.ussr-airspace.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=28_39_48&products_id=1616

Attachments

• 15164026.jpg
    15164026.jpg
    75.5 KB · Views: 88
The real project of the Soviet giant floating flying airliner from Beriev. 1965

This is a unique Soviet magazine from my home library. The real project of the Soviet giant floating flying airliner from Beriev. 1965. This project copies the American flying airfield of 1956 from Life magazine, and it also copies the project of a nuclear flying passenger boat from the American magazine Mechanics Illustrated 1955. I can send you original text pages and large-sized illustrations by email to PDF. Seven pages of technical descriptions and ideas Beriev. Three large color illustrations. But I'm also looking for rarities!... Let's help each other?

Attachments

• soviet project ocean giant airplane.JPG
    soviet project ocean giant airplane.JPG
    109.2 KB · Views: 126
Re: The real project of the Soviet giant floating flying airliner from Beriev. 1965

My dear Pavel,

but it was a real Project,and didn't belong to this section.

Attachments

• 2.png
    2.png
    479.9 KB · Views: 137
Back
Top Bottom