Messerschmitt Me 328 variants and projects

moin1900

ACCESS: Top Secret
Reaction score
Hi everybody

Is there anybody who knows more about this project
Me328 Supersonic

Link removed

What was it? A Fighter, Bomber or Kamikaze?
Are there any other Secret Me-328 Projects ?

Many greetings

Hi Moin1900,
Sorry but I strongly suspect that any supersonic Me 328 is a non-starter and that the image you posted is of a purely hypothetical "What if?" model. For a start, the design depicted seems to retain the two Argus pulse-jets of the (solidly subsonic) standard Me 328. Anyway, the largely wooden construction of the Me 328 seems a funny place to start from if designing a supersonic aircraft. So, while I could be wrong about this, I reckon that it's not a figher, a bomber or a kamikaze, but a made-up story.
Cheers,

'Wingknut'.

Hi everyone

I have found another Picture of it
Please look here
Link removed
Many greetings

Is a Luft46 paper plane drawing 7-July-1942
Submarine launched suicide antiship german bomber
Published in Wingmasters No 2 by Paul Malmassari
and Flugzeug 3/2001 by Manfred Grielh

Attachments

• Me 328.jpg
    Me 328.jpg
    111 KB · Views: 1,574
It is not a supersonic Me328 I understand it right?

pometablava said:
It is not a supersonic Me328 I understand it right?

Of course not!
Performances are similar to the standard Me 328 B.
Its peculiar shape comes from the need to transport in a small Regulus style container.

Hi everyone

I understand it is not supersonic !
But what about the armament!

Many greetings

Please see attached some wartime drawings of the more conventional railway launched version
An a hig speculative (SOURCE GRADING 1) sketch by myself of the submarine version

Attachments

• 328.jpg
    328.jpg
    174.5 KB · Views: 1,007
  • 328-1.jpg
    328-1.jpg
    24.8 KB · Views: 879
  • 328-2.jpg
    328-2.jpg
    25.7 KB · Views: 851
  • 328-3.jpg
    328-3.jpg
    102.7 KB · Views: 884
moin1900 said:
Hi everyone

I understand it is not supersonic !!

But what about the armament!

Many greetings
moin1900

Armament probably was one Nitropenta hollow-charge warhead ,similar to the one shown in the attached drawing

Attachments

• warhead.jpg
    warhead.jpg
    18.5 KB · Views: 238
i look i books to find some Info :

Me 328 start as Me P.1079 in July 1941 by Dipl.-Ing. Felix Kracht
Idea was a Fighter or Bomber in Mistel configuration

Bomber
as Mistel configuration with 1000 kg Bomb (later 1400 kg) and no Engine
the carrier plan makes a Stuka attack and drop glide Bomber.

later the Me 328 design was add 2 x V-1 Argusrohren Engine.
because they cheaper as piston or Jet Engine

Bordjäger (Parasite Fighter)
one Me 328 A (with 2 or 4 Argusrohren) on top of He-177 A-5 or Me 264 Bomber (Mistel configuration)
major problem only fuel for 30 minute flight but the Me 328 can be Refuel by docking on His Bomber!
this version has extendable wing as variable wing geomtry
2 x MG 151/200 with 200 bullets

Schnellkampf Flugzeug (fast Interceptor)
same as above but the Mistel carrier bring Me 328 A, 150 km range to Target.

even as Aircraft for Submarines !
German U-boat carry in container a Me 328A (like Regulus Sub)

the idea was drop, until beginn 1943 the SS take back up
as "Selbstopferung" SO-Flugzeug (German Kamikaze)
Me 328 B cheap disposable, one way Aircraft with 2400 kg Explosive
no extendable wing.
me328-1.jpg

Source:
Geheimprojekte der DFS (german Language)
Horst Lommel
Motorbuch verlag ISBN 3-613-02072-6

That's very interesting - the sub-launched Me 328 with retractable wings is (as you've no doubt gathered) a new one on me. Fine images and lots of useful data though.
Maybe I was a bit quick to reject the whole thing out of hand but I was put off by the attribution of supersonic speed to a twin-pulsejet glued-together wooden airframe. (After all, the whole point about the Me 328 was that it was meant to be cheap and semi-disposable.)
I was also put off when I looked up the model-company responsible for the conversion kit and found that they offer a conversion for a "Heinkel He162Z Volkzwilling". Maybe I shouldn't stick my neck out too far but surely a "Zwillng" He-162 is fictitious? (The only references I can find seem to class it as a "What if?" modeller's project.)
All best,

Wingknut

Wingknut said:
I was also put off when I looked up the model-company responsible for the conversion kit and found that they offer a conversion for a "Heinkel He162Z Volkzwilling". Maybe I shouldn't stick my neck out too far but surely a "Zwillng" He-162 is fictitious? (The only references I can find seem to class it as a "What if?" modeller's project.)

that like the V-1 Zwilling pure Fiction !
Internet is full of that Stuff :mad:

Hi everybody

Thanks for much information and nice Pictures ! Now all is clear!

Many greetings

Orionblamblam said:
You're not going to get a supersonic *anything* powered by cheap pulsejets.

Whoa. That's not true. The pulsejets could be used for climbing to height and then they, along with the wings, could be jettisoned. It would probably require a larger airframe to get high enough, but supersonic speeds could be obtained in a prolonged dive.

Please see attached more 328 stuff , for the swept wing version see "Aerospace Project Review"V2N6
November-December 2000

Attachments

• 328-7.jpg
    328-7.jpg
    124.2 KB · Views: 380
  • 328-6.jpg
    328-6.jpg
    102 KB · Views: 401
  • 328-5.jpg
    328-5.jpg
    89.6 KB · Views: 617
  • 328-4.jpg
    328-4.jpg
    31 KB · Views: 502
  • 328-3.jpg
    328-3.jpg
    39.5 KB · Views: 488
  • 328-2.jpg
    328-2.jpg
    37.4 KB · Views: 531
  • 328-1.jpg
    328-1.jpg
    23.6 KB · Views: 571
Excellent posts, Justo - as ever.
At the risk of going slightly off-topic, my understanding is that the origins of the Me 328 / Me P.1079 project lay in a study for a heavy bomber (P.1073A) which was to carry three parasite jet fighters (P.1073B). Below is the only image I can find that shows both the P.1073A carrier and (hard to spot at bottom right) the P.1073B parasite. (I also attach a three-view of the P.1073B. Both images are quite easy to find though.)
All best.

Attachments

• Me P1073B (3 view).jpg
    Me P1073B (3 view).jpg
    19.5 KB · Views: 317
  • Me P1073 A + B.jpg
    Me P1073 A + B.jpg
    17.5 KB · Views: 280
Wingknut said:
Excellent posts, Justo - as ever.
At the risk of going slightly off-topic, my understanding is that the origins of the Me 328 / Me P.1079 project lay in a study for a heavy bomber (P.1073A) which was to carry three parasite jet fighters (P.1073B). Below is the only image I can find that shows both the P.1073A carrier and (hard to spot at bottom right) the P.1073B parasite. (I also attach a three-view of the P.1073B. Both images are quite easy to find though.)
All best.

Sorry no more images of P.1073A in my files

The first pictures is the "c" version. Is it from real reference or just reconstructed?

Is the swept wing version fake?

Attachments

• 328.jpg
    328.jpg
    26.5 KB · Views: 217
I found this original photo in an abum, on a museum warehouse shelf in U.S.
According to the German museum that purchased the album from me, they believed that the album had been compiled by someone who worked on experimental aircraft for the Luftwaffe during WWII. They assume he brought this abum of experimental aircraft to U.S. after the war, to show projects he worked on, or was familiar with, for employment purposes. Much of the album was of rockets and missiles and many were marked "Geheim" (secret) and had circa 1943 dates and Luftwaffe stamps on the backs. Anyone have any data on this Me 163 with external rocket engines? (I assume there is another one on the other side?)

Attachments

• xg4w.jpg
    xg4w.jpg
    22.1 KB · Views: 236
Bonjour

It's not a Me 163 ,but an early prototype of the Me 328 with two Argus VSR 7 pulso-jets
Cheers

Richard

Nice picture, but it has a wrong marking.
It shows one of the 7 prototypes of the German parasite aircraft/suicide aircraft Messerschmitt Me 328 B, powered by two Argus pulsejets.

Thank you both for correcting this. It now makes me wonder if the hand-written caption may be for the photo that was above this photo in the album, and not for this one.

Also,the Messerschmitt Me.328.

Attachments

• Me 328.jpg
    Me 328.jpg
    87.3 KB · Views: 509
Okay, okay, how do we explain the latter design evolving to the USS Enterprise ??

hesham said:
Also,the Messerschmitt Me.328.

Is there any more information about that "star trek" version of me 328? Because all the references I can found are about the V1/V2 version which it's in the drawing the "A" version

Regards
Luis

That me 328 is on early study for cheap and easy to build Bomber suport fighter
made from wood powered by two Argus pulsengine from V1
with extending wing in disk section
carry is this version of me 328 on back of big bomber
it uncouple from and attack enermy fighter and return to Bomber and dock on it back
more here
http://www.secretprojects.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,3563.0.html
One moment, NAZI "Star Trek" FIGHTER ?!
181148_triple_facepalm_super_RE_The_most_awesome_thing_u_will_ever_see-s600x480-89034.jpg

Schulz don't tells me, Zhey...
Jaaaa Herr General, Zhey got ze wrong TV Zhow

Michel Van said:
Schulz don't tells me, Zhey...
Jaaaa Herr General, Zhey got ze wrong TV Zhow

"I hear nothink, I see nothink, I know nothink!"

Regards & all,

Thomas L. Nielsen
Luxembourg

Re: Various Messerschmitt projects

Hi,

here is a drawings to Messerschmitt Me.328B,from two reports,called; Messerschmitt Me 328 B Leichtes Schnelkkampfflugzeug.

Attachments

• Me.328B   6.png
    Me.328B 6.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 178
  • Me.328B   5.png
    Me.328B 5.png
    53.5 KB · Views: 441
  • Me.328B   4.png
    Me.328B 4.png
    108.6 KB · Views: 484
  • Me.328B   3.png
    Me.328B 3.png
    62.7 KB · Views: 491
  • Me.328B   2.png
    Me.328B 2.png
    68 KB · Views: 806
  • Me.328B   1.png
    Me.328B 1.png
    236.3 KB · Views: 872
Last edited:
Hi,

here is the Messerschmitt Me.328 wind tunnel model .

Attachments

• Me.328.png
    Me.328.png
    284.4 KB · Views: 616
  • 328.png
    328.png
    117.1 KB · Views: 653
Orionblamblam said:
By that reasoning, one can claim manned supersonic flight powered by *balloons.* However, one must use common sense at some point.

Finally found my way back to this thread and burst out laughing.

The drawing has the caption "Complete model with base plate, railway embankment and take-off trolley".
So I would assume, it was meant to test launching the Me 328 directly from railway tracks. Haven't heard
of this method before, but it seems logical.

Jemiba said:
The drawing has the caption "Complete model with base plate, railway embankment and take-off trolley".
So I would assume, it was meant to test launching the Me 328 directly from railway tracks. Haven't heard
of this method before, but it seems logical.

They must do this, it's logical way, the two Argus pulsengine need 150 mph (240 km/h) to start operate.
Using or build V1 like Launch-rails make little sense, they were target by RAF and USAAF bombers.
launch from Big aircraft had problem, lack of them and RAF and USAAF air dominance.
using the German Railway network is ingenious, especial if they use rail tunnels as contstution factory or hangars for Me 328

under this aspect a another feature for Me 328, make now perfect sense: it's retractable wings
for move the Me 328 into Railway tunnel with. here you got space of 350 cm on rail, while the Me 328 with retracted wing is 320 cm wide.

index.php

Retractable wings, to my opinion, would only have been necessary, if the
aircraft was intended to land back again, to be used at a later date. For
one-way missions saving resources (raw materials and man hour) should have
been predominant, so why retract the wings, instead of simply fold or
plug on them ?
But your drawing carries the inscription "Bordflugzeug", so maybe it was
a kind of fighter or fighter bomber ?

My dears,

I tried to send the PDF file about Me.328,but it is too big,and the site can't upload it.