Do u have information on Aurora VTOL by Moshier technologies?

shahkr

ACCESS: Restricted
Reaction score
I need my graduate study.
Do u have information on Aurora VTOL by Moshier technologies corporation?
This company from CA-USA in 1986. What happen to this project?was it viabel by design, technical and economic terms?company has ever built any aircraft or sell it to any one?
where was company location in CA?who was owener of this company etc.?
Thank you

i have just some pages about a catalogue that i demanded in 1987 at MOSHIER TECHNOLOGIES, because i am very interested by vtol personnal aircraft. I try to send you my informations.
Best regards, sorry for my English/American language.
[/img]

Attachments

• HQ (8).jpg
    HQ (8).jpg
    167.7 KB · Views: 532
shahkr said:
I need my graduate study.
Do u have information on Aurora VTOL by Moshier technologies corporation?
This company from CA-USA in 1986. What happen to this project?was it viabel by design, technical and economic terms?company has ever built any aircraft or sell it to any one?
where was company location in CA?who was owener of this company etc.?
Thank you

Attachments

• HQ (7).jpg
    HQ (7).jpg
    133.9 KB · Views: 121
  • HQ (6).jpg
    HQ (6).jpg
    145.9 KB · Views: 126
  • HQ (5).jpg
    HQ (5).jpg
    132.2 KB · Views: 118
  • HQ (4).jpg
    HQ (4).jpg
    135.8 KB · Views: 194
  • HQ (3).jpg
    HQ (3).jpg
    161.5 KB · Views: 592
  • HQ (2).jpg
    HQ (2).jpg
    177.2 KB · Views: 489
  • HQ (1).jpg
    HQ (1).jpg
    159.8 KB · Views: 487
  • HQ (2).jpg
    HQ (2).jpg
    177.2 KB · Views: 497
If I remember correctly the idea was to feed 2,000 pounds of thrust into the airflow flux demodulator and thereby lift a 4,000 pound airplane vertically.

But then I may be cynical...

If I remember correctly the idea was to feed 2,000 pounds of thrust into the airflow flux demodulator and thereby lift a 4,000 pound airplane vertically.

Ye canna' change the laws o' physics!

I may be cynical also, but this seems to pop up every few years ago. Remember some outfit called "Dragon"? There were several others. I feel they are mostly interested in "investors"

Kim Margosein

I always envision 55-year-old-plus Californian orthodontists with Porsches and trophy wives who fall for the "the Pentagon's too dumb and hidebound to recognize the brilliance of this idea" line. That may be a slur on orthodontists, though.

Any news, BTW, about NAVAIR investments in EKIP? How many orthodontists among 'em?

Motocar said:
Advertising on the Moshier Aurora 400 published in the Popular Mechanics magazine of March 1987 page 149
https://archive.org/stream/PopularMechanics1987/Popular_Mechanics_03_1987#page/n137/mode/thumb
index.php

https://www.linkedin.com/in/michaelmoshier/
As an award-winning CEO and serial entrepreneur over the last 30 years, I have been principally involved with numerous companies providing my unique combination of hands-on management, leadership and vision. Included in these was a $5 million award from DARPA which culminated in my company receiving Time Magazine's Invention of the Year Award for the aircraft that I designed and that my company developed.

Separately, a manufacturing company I headed up received the honor of being listed on the San Jose Business Journals' Top 100 Fastest Growing Companies - two years in a row.

My most recent start-up is Applied VTOL Concepts - involved with the development of an efficient and safe flying car.

CEO/CTO
Company Name Applied VTOL Concepts
Dates Employed Sep 2018 – Present
Employment Duration 3 mos
LocationDel Mar, CA
Applied VTOL Concepts develops small, manned, VTOL (Vertical Take Off & Landing) vehicles for personal. commercial and military use.

Moshier was the guy who announced at the 1987 Powered Lift Conference that he'd been to Minneapolis to brief AVSCOM on his wonder-plane.

AVSCOM was in St Louis.

I later ran into him trying to hawk a homebuilt helicopter called the Manx.

The DARPA-funded project was another nevverwozzer, the infamous SoloTrek. I believe that the essence was that DARPA would give Moshier $5m when he rocked up with a flyable machine. Needless to say...

I am not at all surprised to find him on the flying-car bandwagon.

http://appliedvtolconcepts.com/

DuoTrek™ Hybrid VTOL Personal Vehicle

Preliminary Specifications
Quiet VTOL neighborhood operation
Total empty weight 689 lbs
Total takeoff weight 1195 lbs
Estimated cruise speed 150 mph
Useful range up to 350 miles*
2 passengers plus baggage
Diesel fuel, Jet-A, kerosene
* Depending on passenger/cargo loading

The DuoTrek hybrid VTOL personal vehicle is being developed for incredibly safe, quiet, and efficient neighborhood or rural operations without the need for airports or battery recharging. It uses heavy fuel (#2 diesel) which, unlike aviation gas (avgas), is non-explosive, inexpensive, and readily available. Easily ground maneuverable by one person, the ducted fans can be tilted out of the way reducing the footprint to that of an automobile. Computer assisted fly-by-wire control and stability make it easy to operate with minimal training.

Development Timeline
COMPLETED – Ducted fan design and wind tunnel testing under a $5MM DARPA contract in conjunction with NASA Ames
COMPLETED – Airframe and control systems preliminary design and engineering
COMPLETED – Teaming relationships in place with key powerplant and electric motor vendor partners

Immediate Positions
Lead aircraft technician/A&P mechanic; FBW control systems engineer/developer/programmer; Systems/electrical engineer

Please respond with one page cover letter, background information, availability and compensation requirements to Applied VTOL Concepts, Los Altos, CA - Attn: Mike Moshier, CEO/CTO (mwmoshier@gmail.com)

Attachments

• Aircraft-color.png
    Aircraft-color.png
    138.8 KB · Views: 59
The Moshier Aurora made a brief appearance on CBS Evening News in 1988, as part of a longer piece on Moller. Fast forward to 0:37.

Mike Moshier is wearing a tie on the right of the screen at 0:50.