Caproni Ca.133 unbuild versions

Justo Miranda had already posted those Caproni Vizzola MCT drawings in Reply #15.

Perhaps the MCT material should be moved to Italian projects of WWII? Alternatively, a separate thread for Trigona projects?

BTW: Can anyone confirm whether it was Ing Ercole Trigona or Col Emmanuele Trigona who designed the MCT and Sauro 1/Tricap?

Grey Havoc said:
blackkite said:
Hi my dear heshan-san!
According to my auto Italian-English trasnlator,
MCT(Monoposto Caccia Trigona) is a Single-Seat Fighter Trigona.
So I think MCT was a some kind of sigle seat fighter.
I'm not sure the meaning of Trigona. What is this? ??? Triangle?

Skybolt said:
Trigona is the surname of the designer (he was a Colonel of Regia Aeronautica Engineer Role)
Thanks!! :D

Re: REGIANNE L-105 mid-engined fighter project

The Caproni MCT.

https://forum.warthunder.com/index.php?/topic/197858-progetto-tech-tree-aerei-italiani/&

Attachments

• a.jpg
    a.jpg
    33.8 KB · Views: 110
  • b.jpg
    b.jpg
    62 KB · Views: 111
Re: Re: REGIANNE L-105 mid-engined fighter project

Hasan, your link is incomplete, it should be
https://forum.warthunder.com/index.php?/topic/197858-progetto-tech-tree-aerei-italiani/&page=170&tab=comments#comment-6292533
Il Caproni Vizzola MCT ( Monoposto Caccia Trigona) , basato sul "sauro" (un aereo da addestramento/turismo di vari anni prima ), aveva una certa somiglianza con il Do.335 e venne proposto in varie versioni . La base aveva il DB605 ed era armata con 1x20 mm e 4 da 12,7 ...velocita' di 706 km/h e 6000m in 5 minuti . Pesava poco piu' di 3 tonnellate .
Altre versioni erano piu' grandi e con motori "teorici" ma piu' potenti come Reggiane L.105 , l'Alfa 101 e l'Alfa 101 Maggiorato che dovevano dare velocita' di 740, 760 e 800 km/h rispettivamente. Queste versioni avevano pero' un armamento abbastanza assurdo di 6 mitragliatrici da 12.7 ....
sotto la versione con il 605
Again, google translate.
The Caproni Vizzola MCT (Monoposto Caccia Trigona), based on the "sauro" (a training aircraft / tourism of several years before), had a certain resemblance to the Do.335 and was proposed in various versions. The base had the DB605 and was armed with 1x20 mm and 4 by 12.7 ... speeds of 706 km / h and 6000m in 5 minutes. It weighed just over 3 tons.
Other versions were bigger and with "theoretical" but more powerful engines like Reggiane L.105, Alfa 101 and Alfa 101 Maggiorato which had to give speeds of 740, 760 and 800 km / h respectively. These versions, however, had a rather absurd weaponry of 6 machine guns of 12.7 ....
Below, the version with [DB]605
Shouldn't this be in a Caproni thread?

Indeed ! Split and merged

Skybolt said:
published sources

Hi Skybolt,

I have an Italian book on Caproni projects. The title is "Gli Aeroplani della Caproni Aeronautica Bergamasca" by Rosario Abate, Edizione dell'Ateneo & Bizzarri, 1978. VOLUME SECONDO 1920-1946.

It is an excellent work with many projects drawings and I would like to acquire or obtain copies from the other two volumes in the series
VOLUME PRIMO "Dalle Origini al Ca 135 e derivati"
VOLUME TERZO "Dal Ca 320 al 'Corsaro' (Ca 381)

Could you help me, please?
look on ebay !