• Escanear0010.jpg
    Escanear0010.jpg
    81.5 KB · Views: 279
  • Escanear0009.jpg
    Escanear0009.jpg
    27.9 KB · Views: 315
Very good aircraft Justo,

and a 3-view to your last aircraft.

http://www.flightglobal.com/PDFArchive/View/1944/1944%20-%201016.html?search=warren-young%20aircraft

Attachments

• Warren-Young.JPG
    Warren-Young.JPG
    14.3 KB · Views: 88
Rhomboids are very rare. I just have the three attached ones

Attachments

• Escanear0004.jpg
    Escanear0004.jpg
    46.6 KB · Views: 96
  • Escanear0003.jpg
    Escanear0003.jpg
    26.1 KB · Views: 104
  • Escanear0002.jpg
    Escanear0002.jpg
    32.7 KB · Views: 104
  • Escanear0001.jpg
    Escanear0001.jpg
    28.4 KB · Views: 80
Thanks for the Boxkite references. I believe the Rhomboid wing shares its great aerodynamic inefficency with the Circular Wing. I used the keyword "diamond wing" when using the search option without any results. I should have used "Rhomboid" instead.

I was wondering if there is a difference between a joined-wing and a Warren-wing configuration. if not, what should it be called?
I know the major proponent of the joined wing, Julian Wolkowitch, was working on it in the eighties. That makes the "Warren wing" at least 40 years older (but then again there might have been even earlier proponents of this configuration).

Warren wing seems to have all wing surfaces on almost the same plane/planform. Warren just eliminated the centre section because it contributes the least to lift or stability.
We have to laugh that Warren felt the need to install a gun turret in the tail of his proposed fighter! Hah! Hah!
Must be a British eccentricity like the ill-fated Boulton-Paul Defiant and Blackburn Roc turret fighters. Too bad the Luftwaffe never read that battle plan!
Hah!
Hah!

Joined wings start with wing roots at different levels, but dihedral and anhedral make them meet at the wing tips. Supposedly joining wing tips reduces drag by reducing the number of wing tips, like that proposed replacement for Lockheed S-3 Viking. As an aside, they proposed that joined wing configuration to install fixed radar receivers in the leading and trailing edges to allow it to take over the mission flown by the giant rotating radar disc atop Grumman E-2 and Boeing AWACS.
Joined wings can also enjoy structural advantages if they are aligned with lift and drag loads, creating essentially a very deep box spar (like a biplane) allowing them to be built lighter than cantilever wings
None of those sketches really show rhomboids because true rhomboids are parallelograms without 90 degree corners.

That Canora and fictious Migs are more lop-sided diamonds or kite shapes. Since the Canora is almost square it wins a prize for the maximum wing area per square foot of deck space!

Last edited:
From Aeroplane 1948.

Attachments

• 3.png
    3.png
    1,017 KB · Views: 18
  • 4.png
    4.png
    194.9 KB · Views: 19