Rockwell,The Heritage of North American - old book

hesham

ACCESS: USAP
Reaction score
Hi,

I know this book from about 1990s,but I want if it had a Projects or not,and generally if
it was good ?.

https://stellabooks.com/books/bill-yenne/rockwell-the-heritage-of-north-america/2122890

Attachments

• 2122890.JPG
    2122890.JPG
    194.8 KB · Views: 312
I fished my copy out of the bookcase. It has good coverage of everything produced, even if just as prototypes, but very little, if anything, about projects. I would recommend getting Warbird Factory: North American Aviation in World War II by John M. Fredrickson as a companion volume; it covers NAA from its forerunners to the end of WW II and includes such bits as the only R2800-powered B-25 and the VB-25J especially fitted out for Gen. Eisenhower.

HTH,
Evan

The book I recommended is fascinating reading. I had not realized that a general strike at the NAA plant in Inglewood led to the US Army taking over the plant, temporarily, and settling matters.

elmayerle said:
The book I recommended is fascinating reading. I had not realized that a general strike at the NAA plant in Inglewood led to the US Army taking over the plant, temporarily, and settling matters.

Thank you my dear Evan,

and for the Rockwell period,what do you prefer ?.

elmayerle said:

That'd do it. ;D

hesham said:
elmayerle said:

Thank you my dear Evan,

and for the Rockwell period,what do you prefer ?.
I honestly do not know of any book covering just the Rockwell period which ended when Rockwell sold all of NAA off to Boeing. I think Bill Yenne's book will have to suffice there.