Soviet and Russian Ground Attack Aircraft

visvirtusvoluntas

Never Enough
Reaction score
Hi all,
is now available this book about Soviet and Russian Ground Attack Aircraft.
265 pages, more than 160 aircraft described (operational, protoypes, projects), plenty of exclusive and unpublished drawings.
Italian language.

Attachments

• Copertina.jpg
    Copertina.jpg
    71 KB · Views: 507
Anatoliy, would you be so kind and give us a preview on this book of yours?

The book describes the entire evolution of Russian and Soviet ground attack planes, from the early years of the Russian Imperial Air Service to the '90s.

Attachments

• PW1wm.jpg
    PW1wm.jpg
    312 KB · Views: 487
  • PW2wm.jpg
    PW2wm.jpg
    213.7 KB · Views: 465
  • PW3wm.jpg
    PW3wm.jpg
    294.1 KB · Views: 453
  • PW4wm.jpg
    PW4wm.jpg
    177.2 KB · Views: 473
Looks great, but is there any chance it will appear in an English-language edition?

Complimenti!
Do you know how people living outside of Italy may order the book?

For instance Abebooks (from Webster.it / Limena, PD, Italien) offers the book. Use the ISBN 9788875654221 to fill the Search Option.

visvirtusvoluntas said:
Hi all,
is now available this book about Soviet and Russian Ground Attack Aircraft.
265 pages, more than 160 aircraft described (operational, protoypes, projects), plenty of exclusive and unpublished drawings.
Italian language.

Dear,
thank for your notice: I've just ordered my copy!
(Grazie mille per l'informazione: ho appena fatto il mio ordine :))

Thanks everyone for the info. Seems an interesting book to order. Could you please post your impressions once received. I already have a pretty collection on Soviet and Russian unbuilt projects and I'd like to avoid duplicity.

gatoraptor said:
Looks great, but is there any chance it will appear in an English-language edition?

It is a choice of the publisher. If there are many requests, it will be more likely that the text will be translated.

AeroFranz said:
Complimenti!
Do you know how people living outside of Italy may order the book?

Very few, I suppose. Against that is the language, but the drawings are exclusive and very well made.

Grazie mile!, The cover looks wonderful, I can't hardly wait to order it. "Borovik" is our forum member?

Visvirtusvoluntas, are you co-author (Alberto Trevisan)? Is it too abbusing asking you for the index of this great book? I am especially interested in the late 30`s, early 40`s designs.

Wurger said:
Visvirtusvoluntas, are you co-author (Alberto Trevisan)? Is it too abbusing asking you for the index of this great book? I am especially interested in the late 30`s, early 40`s designs.

I've some issue to post the index right now. I can assure you that various Polikarpov, Tupolev, Grigorovich, Kocherigin, Neman projects are covered and the fascinating "competition Ivanov" as well.

If you guys ever decide to translate an English version - I'm willing to do a lot of proof-reading for free!

New book on Soviet strike aircraft

Dear friends,
I want to tell you a book just released (unfortunately only in Italian but who knows that in the future not even an English edition) by Alberto Trevisan and Anatoly P. Borovik headlined “Assaltatori ed aerei da attacco al suolo russi e sovietici” on the Soviet and Russian strike and ground attack aircraft since 1916 to present days .
268 pages densely packed with about 300 black and white and colour photos and line drawings, colour silhouettes, family trees etc!
Absolutely recommendable.
The book is published by IBN Editore that you can find through Google (or going to: https://www.ibneditore.it/ sometime a bit slow in appearing), the email is info@ibneditore.it
Nico S.

Attachments

• Assaltatori.jpg
    Assaltatori.jpg
    74.8 KB · Views: 439
Book just arrived - Brilliant! One of the best books within the last years. Okay, it's time to learn Italian language ;) .

Thanks a lot to the author and the drawer, who are members of this forum :) !

Hi all!
Did MDB attack aircraft M-921 "Hornet" include in that book? Chief designer was E. G. Koshelev, 2000

Attachments

• MDB Attack aircraft M-931.jpg
    MDB Attack aircraft M-931.jpg
    151.9 KB · Views: 305
I'd be really keen to see a translation of this book into English.

ucon said:
Hi all!
Did MDB attack aircraft M-921 "Hornet" include in that book? Chief designer was E. G. Koshelev, 2000

Wow,new for me,thank you my dear Ucon.

I just got the English-language edition. It's got a lot of interesting drawings but the organization appears to be very haphazard, with text and drawings sometimes pages apart. And a lot of the drawings require turning the book 90 degrees. Most of the drawings are simple line drawings but there is a section of color side views in the back.

Russian and Soviet Ground Attack Aircraft English Edition is here at the Book Depository:

It is currently unavailable, but you can request notification of when it is back in stock.

ISBN13: 9788875654863 I had to use the search term "Borovik" to find the English version on the site.

Attachments

• Russian and Soviet Ground Attack Aircraft-English Edition.png
    Russian and Soviet Ground Attack Aircraft-English Edition.png
    568.8 KB · Views: 111
Damn, I must have purchased mine just before they went unavailable. I would still say it's worth the money. I suspect the problems gatoraptor mentioned are at least somewhat due to attempting to organize all that information in an affordable page count, and there's a whole lot in there.

I just got the English-language edition. It's got a lot of interesting drawings but the organization appears to be very haphazard, with text and drawings sometimes pages apart. And a lot of the drawings require turning the book 90 degrees. Most of the drawings are simple line drawings but there is a section of color side views in the back.
Yes, sadly is a known issue. The reason is to give the drawings the place they need. Often the text is too short to "fill the gaps".