Is Andreas Rupprecht a reliable author?

lucinator

ACCESS: Restricted
Reaction score
I wanted to know if people think Andreas Rupprecht is considered a reputable author? Its so hard to tell these days if someone does a good job researching or not without buying a persons book, and I wanted to know what the community thinks.

He was the 4th member to join this forum way back on 3rd Jan 2006 and is also a moderator of this forum - username "Deino" - who regularly posts on (primarily China related) matters. I've known him even longer than that from other forums. In my opinion, the best author on China writing today.

IMHO Andreas Rupprecht aka Deino is one the best author of Modern Chinese Aviation.
I just wish him, that he could get more time and money in his life, so he could to travel to China more frequently and obtain there more information and knowledge at first-hand. :) B)

thanks I was looking at buying one of his books for the Museum of Flight Library/Archives.

I greatly recommend his Dragons Wings book (effectively a Chinese secret projects book).
The likes of Combat Aircraft magazine clearly see him as a leading source on Chinese military aviation.

I'd say Andreas could esily get job in NASIC for example. He may not know everything or always make correct conclusions using just open sources - it's always hard in the case of Chinese aerospace developments - but he has a passion a few have, which gave him a certain respect from Chinese 'big shrimps' too, so buy with confidence.

Andreas is for sure an authority in Chinese aviation. A much appreciated expert writing in English for the benefit of worlwide serious enthusiasts about history and latest news on this subject. Unbuilt projects included.

Enjoy his excellent books

In Western world, Andreas is one of the best author in Chinese aviation.

To all ... I'm simply speechless !

Thank you so much.

Attachments

• smitten.gif
    smitten.gif
    2.8 KB · Views: 305
lucinator said:
I wanted to know if people think Andreas Rupprecht is considered a reputable author? Its so hard to tell these days if someone does a good job researching or not without buying a persons book, and I wanted to know what the community thinks.

Thanks for your interest and even more to all the kind replies here ...
If you are indeed interested in my work, I would suggest to look here for more:

Otherwise if someone would like to know more on updates and corrections:

Best,
Andreas aka Deino

At first it looked like a trick question from the Chinese- but surely Andreas needs no introduction or endorsement - just browsing the Net gives enough veracity !!

lastdingo said:
You guys appear to unintentionally have avoided to answer the question about reliability.

Reliable
"consistently good in quality or performance; able to be trusted"

If I say someone is a good aviation writer, doesn't that mean I find him reliable? It's answered for sure, not explicitly "he is reliable" but the comments make it clear his books are consistently good and able to be trusted.

Nor am I sure what you mean by 'reliable'.

1) Are you asking if he delivers on deadline? 2) Does he bugger off to another publisher without a word? 3) Does he rehash Wiki pages as new work? 4) Is he a solid researcher who writes well and produces excellent work? 5) Does he answer emails from readers within 10 minutes?

With my publishing hat on, Nos 1-4 are relevant to me. Nos 4 and 5 are more relevant to a me with a reader's hat on.

Yes, I would consider Andreas a reliable author.

Chris

I read Andreas Rupprecht's book Dragon's Wings and I judge him a reliable author in terms of literally covering the state of Chinese aerospace development since 1949. He's described in detail China's best-known warplanes, including Chinese copies of MiGs, the Chinese built Tu-16s (incl. H-6K), the J-8, J-10, and J-20, built also the JF-17, the Chinese-built Sukhoi Su-27, and JH-7 Leopard, by relying on prior published works and journalistic reports.