Consolidated Mess, Vol I B-24 Nose-turreted versions in digital format

ACResearcher

Author/researcher/illustrator.
Reaction score
I am pleased to announce that MMP (Mushroom Model Publishing, Ltd.) has released a Kindle edition of my book, Consolidated Mess, Vol. I, just in time for the new Trumpeter 1/32 scale B-24.

For those of you who missed the hard copy or- like me - don't want your books covered with creases or who have - also like me...ahem - spilled paint on an open page of a book you were using for reference, this provides you with a chance to own the book or a back-up copy.

The price of the Kindle version is only $19!

Kindle is an Amazon product that can be downloaded free for your desktop, laptop, tablet, etc.

Here is the link for those of you who have been wanting a copy or a digital copy of Consolidated Mess, Vol. I:

https://www.amazon.com/Consolidated-Mess-Illustrated-Nose-turreted-Production/dp/8361421165/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1528467184&sr=8-1&keywords=consolidated+mess

I hope you enjoy this!

Alan Griffith

Alan,

I and my wallet are very pleased that MMP released a Kindle edition of your very fine book "Consolidated Mess". I hope that MMP will release the rest of their out of print books in the Kindle format since their print runs are very small and unless you are fortunate enough to buy their fine books during their tiny release windows, you will pay an incredibly high price or do without.

I bought "Consolidated Mess" at around $50 when it came out and was very happy with it. When I went to Amazon to look at what the physical books were going for, it wasn't for the faint of pocketbook. There was one copy for $85 which I knew wouldn't lay there long, and the next steps were $800 something moving hugely up to $3000+. $19 for the Kindle version is incredibly reasonable and even though I have the original, I have bought the Kindle version so I can view it on one of my tablets when I am referring to it while working on my bench and not have to worry about getting paint or glue on it.

Since it was a while ago that Consolidated Mess Vol. I was released, what is the status of Vol. II?

Richard

Just one question, how pictures and drawings look in the Kindle?

To date I only use my Kindle for reading text only because I have concerns about quality in illustrated books.

https://www.amazon.es/Consolidated-Mess-Illustrated-Nose-turreted-Production/dp/8361421165/ref=tmm_pap_swatch_0?_encoding=UTF8&qid=1528625664&sr=8-1

Excellent reviews, congratulations Alan.

A B-24 double fuselage existed? OMG

For 30€ I rather prefer the paper edition. Temporary out of stock, but I can wait.

Here is a screen capture from the Kindle Cloud Reader app on my PC screen. It works for me.

Let us know if you get a copy of Consolidated Mess for 30 euro. The lowest prices now on Amazon US are over $800 and ABE Books shows only 2 copies available at unspeakable prices.

Digital books and magazines are perfectly acceptable in my library. I have thousands of pounds of real books and magazines and they take up a huge amount of floor and bookcase space. All of the English aviation and modelling magazines I subscribe to are digital. Digital publications have no physical size or weight and I can always find them on any of my computers, tablets, or my phone. I have a physical copy of Consolidated Mess and know it is in my house, but I will have to physically search for it.

Attachments

• Consolidated Mess p170.JPG
    Consolidated Mess p170.JPG
    48.5 KB · Views: 167
There are two copies available from amazon.es (€35.15) and amazon.fr (€36.08).
Use bookfinder:
https://www.bookfinder.com/search/?ac=sl&st=sl&ref=bf_s2_a1_t1_1&qi=Cvw0uAe3pdBp,Z7uqr7gZ.Y.zlQ_1497963026_1:1:1&bq=author%3Dalan%2520griffith%26title%3Dconsolidated%2520mess%2520the%2520illustrated%2520guide%2520to%2520nose%2Dturreted%2520b%2D24%2520production%2520variants

After visiting both amazon.es and amazon.fr, prices drop to €29.15 and €30.08. Price differences may be due to shipping.

Here is a screen capture from the Kindle Cloud Reader app on my PC screen. It works for me.

You're right, it works for me too.

Many thanks for the post, Richard

I've never thought in the possibility of the Kindle Reader app for PC. I don't know why, but, in my mind, Kindle files were associated to the Kindle eBook reader only. I think it's time to evolve.

Antonio

Bought the book in Kindle format and I'm very pleased with this format. Thanks for the help Richard N

Now waiting for the next volume from Alan. The contents are excellent!

Back
Top Bottom