Identify the source of this page on GAL Projects

overscan (PaulMM)

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
have attached a page which I think comes from an old issue of Aeroplane - in fact the scan may originally even have come from the Forum itself. Trouble is there is no date and so I cannot order a better quality copy. Could anyone who has Aeroplane issues from the 1940s and (I assume) early 1950s have a look to see which issue this piece came from please? It would be much appreciated.

The only alternative might be The Aeroplane Spotter. I am pretty sure it is not from Flight magazine.

Many thanks indeed. Very best wishes, Tony.

Attachments

• GAL projects3.jpg
    GAL projects3.jpg
    315.4 KB · Views: 351
The Aeroplane Spotter, June 26th 1948.

Chris

pdf copy

Attachments

• GAL 1948.pdf
    3.3 MB · Views: 81
The GAL.53 jet fighter looks very interesting, similar intake to a generic drawing Aeroplane published in their 1944 book on Jet Propulsion.

If anyone fancies having a go at roughing out a ga. drawing of the GAL. design based upon the articles dimensional data il make a model of it :)

Attachments

• _20180513_105313.JPG
    _20180513_105313.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 237
My dear Lark sent to me those pages from many years.

Nobody was claiming it was new, just providing Tony with the information he requested.

I know Tony is primarily interested in wartime and post-war aircraft that go BANG but it is worth pointing out that the project list in that article does contain errors in the pre-war part (descriptions etc that do not match tender documents etc). So treat the list with some caution.