Register here

Author Topic: Link-only posts  (Read 1891 times)

Offline bobbymike

• CLEARANCE: Top Secret
Re: Link-only posts
« Reply #15 on: February 22, 2018, 01:25:10 am »
Now all that being said I will endeavor to add a paragraph or two along with the link if the link does not provide information sufficient to determine its' contents.
At long last.
Thank you for this pledge to behave considerately from now on. Appreciated.
No problem but I had no idea that as a member taking the time to look for and post information of interest that didn't meet someone's idea of "complete enough" was being "inconsiderate".
« Last Edit: February 22, 2018, 06:30:10 am by bobbymike »
Books are the quietest and most constant of friends; they are the most accessible and wisest of counselors, and the most patient of teachers.

Charles W. Eliot

Online Arjen

• It's turtles all the way down
« Reply #16 on: February 22, 2018, 02:21:50 am »
It is a matter of tailoring a message to suit its intended audience. I personally am not offended by link-only messages, it's simply that a bare link is rarely enough to tempt me to click on it. This seems to be a shame for all the effort that goes into posting messages.
I like what you post in 'weird and wonderful Crazy and beautiful creatures', I invariably click on what's on offer there - even though it's strictly fodder for The Bar. Probably because there are pictures there - information  :)
« Last Edit: February 23, 2018, 12:15:07 am by Arjen »

Offline marauder2048

• "I should really just relax"
« Reply #17 on: February 22, 2018, 02:48:51 pm »
I generally ignore them. If the news is important, it will appear in other sources.

I'd be careful about this.

For example, USNI was the only news source to report on the Navy's conventional prompt global strike test.

« Last Edit: February 22, 2018, 04:53:57 pm by marauder2048 »

Offline Winston

• CLEARANCE: Confidential
« Reply #18 on: March 12, 2018, 08:42:52 pm »
Consider using this algorithm: https://smmry.com/