Aviation Week outage

GeorgeA

ACCESS: Top Secret
Reaction score
FYI . . . some Penton sites, including AW&ST, Aerospace Daily, and ATW Online, are experiencing an extended outage. No ETA for recovery has been announced yet.

Boned again. You can get to the home page but subscriber-only pages are content-free.

Not a stellar month for Penton IT.

Hi guys,

I know this is an old tread, but lately i am unable to access the digitalized copies of the AV Magazine archive. Has anybody experienced the same?

Thanks!

Encountering the same issue, asks for my login but then it goes no further....
I had a similar issue - I could login but the Archive content would not load after selection. You'll need to contact Customer Care (on the website). Right now, Customer Care is dealing with the accounts issue on a one-by-one basis, but are looking into having their IT make the global change(s) that are necessary to the accounts database. The customer interaction was professional and cheerful and the issue was resolved in 36 hours (IIRC). Recommended, but YMMV.

I’m able to log in and search, but unable to retrieve any articles. I’m a subscriber, but not sure that makes a difference in terms of this problem.

Reported a while back to AWST of a problem. They do know of it. We can only wait...

Encountering the same issue, asks for my login but then it goes no further....
I had a similar issue - I could login but the Archive content would not load after selection. You'll need to contact Customer Care (on the website). Right now, Customer Care is dealing with the accounts issue on a one-by-one basis, but are looking into having their IT make the global change(s) that are necessary to the accounts database. The customer interaction was professional and cheerful and the issue was resolved in 36 hours (IIRC). Recommended, but YMMV.
Thanks aim9xray, will try doing that.

I’m able to log in and search, but unable to retrieve any articles. I’m a subscriber, but not sure that makes a difference in terms of this problem.
Now archives are accessible but only if you have subscription account.

That's too bad, but their Boeing sponsorship was originally announced as 1 year, so we got a lot more out of it than we should.

I've been experimenting with OpenSemanticSearch OCRing and indexing magazines into Solr or Elasticsearch, they really haven't scratched the surface of the myriad ways to index and search their content better than whatever their current search is.

Works for me, as a subscriber, but they became a bit sloppy with the notification of the latest (digital) issue,
the mail arrives about two days, after the issue is available for download, Not really a big problem, if it's known,
of course. I never found a way for retrieving full articles, you can only download them page by page. And for
getting them in full res, you have to use a trick anyway ...

Back
Top Bottom