need for new section/topic about Civilian/transportation Project ?

Michel Van

ACCESS: Above Top Secret
Reaction score
now we have several Threats about Public Projects
like the Original version of Charles deGaulle Airport, public transportation proposal like Aerotrain and Breitspuhrbahn

now they spread over various section on SPF like the Bar, Army projects and Alternate History / Speculative Projects
would make sense to create new section and put them there ?

- The "Breitspurbahn", as a matter of transport with at least some relation to the army, to my opinion
is suitable placed in te Army section.

- Airports and the way, they are connected to the surrounding land : Aerospace

- Railway or other transportation projects, that were designed by aviation designers could get a
short mention either in the projects, or in the designation section, I think, as at least it could prevent
to be mistaken for aircraft projects. Otherwise I would recommend the Bar, if it really is worth to be
posted here ( aerodynamical similar to aircraft, similar propulsion system, or something like that )

- If it isn't actually a project, the alternative or speculative section should be appropriate, as in the case of
the "new armoured train".

I'm not a fan of a new section, honestly, as I'm afraid, that this would attract too many themes, that would be
too far away from the principal theme of this forum.

Since the forum will be undergoing a transition in the near future, rather than introducing additional categories, perhaps some existing categories could be broadened and renamed? Right now, early and postwar aircraft projects are by far the largest sections in the projects area (not that I'm complaining ;D), and both contain military as well as civilian topics. In an analogous fashion, naval projects already seems to contain a smattering of civilian topics, such as freighters or tankers, and could perhaps be renamed to something like watercraft projects to indicate that the focus is not necessarily constrained to military projects. Similarly, army projects could then be turned into something like ground vehicle projects to broaden its scope as well, if desired. I realize this may fall outside the original charter of this site, but panta rhei ;).

Martin

I'm not a fan of a new section, honestly, as I'm afraid, that this would attract too many themes, that would be
too far away from the principal theme of this forum.

I agree. In my opinion, the forum has enough sections for the different subjects of interest, both the core items and the inespecific ones.