Register here

Poll

Merge together Early Aircraft Projects and Postwar Aircraft Projects?

No! Keep them separate!
3 (33.3%)
Not bothered either way
2 (22.2%)
Yes! Its a good idea!
4 (44.4%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: Yesterday at 11:57:00 am

Author Topic: Big changes coming to Secret Projects Forum soon....  (Read 6946 times)

Offline sferrin

• CLEARANCE: Top Secret
Re: Big changes coming to Secret Projects Forum soon....
« Reply #60 on: February 11, 2019, 05:50:56 am »
I'll try and create a few options in Photoshop. Logo shape favours long and thin - TSR2???
 ;D

Or galgot's Boeing SST?  Or the nuclear-powered, Mach 4 flying submarine? Or the McDonnell Douglas GAM-29A, Project Pluto, FB-23. . .  So many possibilities. 
"DARPA Hard"  It ain't what it use to be.

Offline Michel Van

« Reply #61 on: February 11, 2019, 07:15:17 am »
Some screenshots of me playing around with colours, fonts etc. Not in any way representative of the final design! TSR2 was a joke BTW. I have a super high res screen so these are pretty giant.

Oh I like the screenshots !
if new forum will look similar like this 
I gonna love it  ;D
I love Strange Technology

Offline TomS

« Reply #62 on: February 11, 2019, 07:30:07 am »
I'll try and create a few options in Photoshop. Logo shape favours long and thin - TSR2???
 ;D

Or galgot's Boeing SST?  Or the nuclear-powered, Mach 4 flying submarine? Or the McDonnell Douglas GAM-29A, Project Pluto, FB-23. . .  So many possibilities.

Love the SST.  Good reminder that there are plenty of interesting civilian projects out there as well.

Offline sferrin

« Reply #63 on: February 11, 2019, 08:12:48 am »
 ;D

Love the SST.  Good reminder that there are plenty of interesting civilian projects out there as well.

As well as spacecraft, armored vehicles, ships, etc. etc. etc.

Online PaulMM (Overscan)

• Secret Projects Forum Founder
  • Administrator
  • Paul Martell-Mead
    • Secret Projects
« Reply #64 on: February 11, 2019, 08:58:04 am »
Galgot's Boeing 2707 is definitely a contender.
"They can't see our arses for dust."

- Sir Sydney Camm

Offline Antonio

• Global Moderator
« Reply #65 on: February 11, 2019, 09:29:52 am »
Galgot's Boeing 2707 is definitely a contender

Gorgeous!

Offline galgot

• CLEARANCE: Secret
« Reply #66 on: February 11, 2019, 11:45:11 am »
Would be a great honor Sirs  :D

Online SpudmanWP

« Reply #67 on: February 11, 2019, 12:29:15 pm »
Is there the capability for each forum (Early Aircraft Projects, Avionics, etc) top have it's won header?

That way you can keep the existing one as the "primary" header and rotate through forum specific ones as the need or desire arises.
WE4-45-1-08     OMHIWDMB
"The early bird gets the worm but the second mouse gets the cheese."

Online PaulMM (Overscan)

• Administrator
  • Paul Martell-Mead
    • Secret Projects
« Reply #68 on: February 11, 2019, 01:22:22 pm »
Would be a great honor Sirs  :D

In which case a render with no background, and a render with more sky horizontally, would be awesome to play around with.

- Sir Sydney Camm

Online PaulMM (Overscan)

• Administrator
  • Paul Martell-Mead
    • Secret Projects
« Reply #69 on: February 11, 2019, 01:26:27 pm »
Is there the capability for each forum (Early Aircraft Projects, Avionics, etc) top have it's won header?

That way you can keep the existing one as the "primary" header and rotate through forum specific ones as the need or desire arises.

I'm still looking at layout possibilities including a "grid" mode where each forum gets its own image.

- Sir Sydney Camm

Offline sferrin

« Reply #70 on: February 11, 2019, 02:18:48 pm »

I'm still looking at layout possibilities including a "grid" mode where each forum gets its own image.

That could be interesting.  Would be fun to see suggestions for the different sections. :-)

Offline Richard N

« Reply #71 on: February 11, 2019, 04:50:46 pm »
The capability to view all of the pictures or files in a thread would be a very useful tool in the SP Forum.  Posters sometimes post previously posted pictures because the only way to find out if a picture has been posted before is to sequentially scroll through every single page of the thread. The  RC Groups Forum ( https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/index.php )has this capability as demonstrated in the attachments below. 

You need to be a logged on member of the RCG forum to get access to the Thread Tools.  I am also the thread starter of the example thread so I have a couple of more options available.  To get to the attachments, I click on the Thread Tools pull down menu and select Show Attachments in this Thread.  That will take you to a page showing all of the thread's attachments as shown in the second picture.  When you click on a thumbnail, you get a larger version of the picture with the options View Post or Pics in ThreadView Post takes you to the post where the picture was posted and Pics in Thread takes you back to the page of all the attachments.  Clicking on the larger thumbnail will take you to the full sized image.

The Show Attachments capability is also available in RCG when visiting a member's blog and you can view all of the member's attachments he has ever posted along with all of his threads and posts.

Offline Sundog

« Reply #72 on: February 11, 2019, 07:20:35 pm »
Is it possible to have five or six different headers that change as one reloads the page? Then you don't have to settle on just one.

Offline Moose

« Reply #73 on: February 11, 2019, 08:16:54 pm »
Galgot's Boeing 2707 is definitely a contender.
That's snazzy!

Offline dan_inbox

• Profanity: weaker mind trying to speak forcefully
« Reply #74 on: February 13, 2019, 07:10:07 am »
Paul,

If you are making changes to the forum, I'd suggest a subsection dedicated to the life and whereabouts of the members.
And I'd recommend to specifically move there all the RIP/obituary threads which take so much space (even anchor space) in all the wrong places today.  And which frankly are not very atmosphere-improving.
Having a proper section for those homages would also be more dignified / respectful / whateverIsTheRightTerm.

Separately, I would prefer if you did not merge the Early and Post-war sections.
Reason is that today, the daily updates for each section fit on one page, the first. If they were merged, then many days they would take more than one page, and trying to read oldest-first on the 2nd page is just a pain. 

Anyway. Thanks for all the care and upkeep of this wonderful Aerospace Geeks' Cantina. You have made it one of the best places on the net. --- You and the forumers and moderators, of course. So much knowledge, so much sharing. All kept mostly civil and friendly. Big Kudos.