Is the search function on this site not very good?

Flyaway

ACCESS: USAP
Reaction score
I tried search for an existing SR-72 thread, I knew there was one, but according to the search results no such thread existed. This isn’t the first time that the search function has failed to find a thread that I know exists on here?

Search works for me.

Attachments

• search-sr-72.png
    search-sr-72.png
    116.2 KB · Views: 126
Flyaway said:
I tried search for an existing SR-72 thread, I knew there was one, but according to the search results no such thread existed. This isn’t the first time that the search function has failed to find a thread that I know exists on here?
Always check search limits - choose "Entire forum"

Attachments

• search-.jpg
    search-.jpg
    12.5 KB · Views: 120
flateric said:
Flyaway said:
Always check search limits - choose "Entire forum"

I do. I wondered if it was the short search terms like SR?

Try Advanced Search. I get 29 results when using the search box and selecting Entire Forum, but only two when using Advanced Search and limiting results to topics only, both of which, as you might expect, have "SR-72" in the topic title.

If you get no results for something you know exists, you forgot to change the search scope. like Grigori shows above.

I've never had an issue with the search function unless I was in a subcategory and didn't realize I was limiting my own search.

My only gripe isn't with the search function it's members with aircraft/missile names for handles.

But I've moaned about that before.

Chris