My Aviation art

BAROBA

3D artist
Reaction score
Website
www.baroba.be
Hi all,
Here is a selection of aviation art I made over the years.

Some of you might know my work from a few books I worked on.
Dragon's wings and Camm's last fighter projects are a few I have donated 3d-renders for.
Lately I am helping out our own Scott Lowther ( Orionblamblam) with providing renders for his USxP-series of booklets.
Let me know what you think of the renders :)
Cheers,

Rob

Attachments

• project-17LG.jpg
    project-17LG.jpg
    182.3 KB · Views: 588
  • usbp-019.jpg
    usbp-019.jpg
    621.3 KB · Views: 586
  • twoflight_001.jpg
    twoflight_001.jpg
    485 KB · Views: 536
  • XB-59-final.jpg
    XB-59-final.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 504
  • X32render1.jpg
    X32render1.jpg
    99.9 KB · Views: 469
  • f42.jpg
    f42.jpg
    77.3 KB · Views: 256
  • low-poly-F18.png
    low-poly-F18.png
    1,017.3 KB · Views: 256
  • A12.jpg
    A12.jpg
    146.5 KB · Views: 265
Hello, Rob!
BAROBA said:
Let me know what you think of the renders :)

Very nice! And - thanks for sharing!
I particularly likes images, where you use colors and palettes, uncommon to aircraft"in action" renders:
1) green-tinted render with aircraft inside hangar (f42.jpg)
2) combination of yellow-rose sunlight and blue sky in parasite-carrier picture (twoflight_001.jpg)

Other images are nice too, they real enough to believe, that I see photos :cool:

I also appreciates the very natural blending between background and aircrafts' outlines.

Keep up the good work!

P.S. Although, wheels of taking-off F-18 seems to be not very "round" to me.

Thanks for the feedback guys, much appreciated :)

@silencer,
The wheels on the F-18 are indeed not completely round. They are built from a low amount of polygons.
The whole plane is just 10,000 polygons ( triangles) and was intended to be used in a game. ( but that never happened)
In a game you will never see the wheels close-up, and usually they are in shadows. Also when the wheels are rotating, you wouldn't see the too low amount of polygons anyway.
If it was for a modern game, the wheels would need to have some more details, but 5 years ago, the wheels would be fine. Modern games have a much higher polygon-count then this old model. (50,000 to 75,000)

Cheers,

Rob

Really like them, especially the one of the 50s USAF bomber. I like the pink tint of the clous, reflecting on the aircraft. My neighbor has a bunch of Maxfield Parrish prints and it reminds me of them with your use of color.

Thanks for expanation, Rob!

BAROBA said:
@silencer,
The wheels on the F-18 are indeed not completely round. They are built from a low amount of polygons.

This picture was also looks nice, in the terns of color comination and aircraft' perspective. The level of detailziation, of course is the subject of model's purpose. Using it in the game requires different number of them, then to rendering for print.

I'm looking forward for your's another drawings. Good luck!

Very nice work BAROBA
I especially like your Boeing B-59!

Regards
Pioneer

Thanks guys,

I have been very busy lately and can't show much but I got this:

rob-parthoens-coverbook.jpg

rob-parthoens-ussb-book1.jpg

I have put my F-18 in motion and rendered it in real-time.

Rob