New book 'Focke-Wulf Jet Fighters' by Justo Miranda

Justo Miranda said:
Postwar desing, only one profile here

Good spread, because it does show the relationship of the D-3802/3803 to the original Morane design.

Finally received the Focke-Wulf book today, and at first blush, it's another winner from Sr. Miranda. I particularly like the chapters on the post-war developments in Argentina and India, and the one on "Russian Fakes" that led to the early fictitious "MiG-19" kits from Aurora and Lindberg. (Don't blame the modelmakers - they got the information from supposedly reputable aviation magazines!)

gatoraptor said:
Finally received the Focke-Wulf book today, and at first blush, it's another winner from Sr. Miranda. I particularly like the chapters on the post-war developments in Argentina and India, and the one on "Russian Fakes" that led to the early fictitious "MiG-19" kits from Aurora and Lindberg. (Don't blame the modelmakers - they got the information from supposedly reputable aviation magazines!)
I will second this review. I'm working my way through it now and quite enjoying it. The engineer in me greatly enjoys the many drawings included.

I’ve just read the book and Iove it.

First of all I appreciate the well organized exposition of the facts. Profuse in data and detail. The author always refers at the name of the competitions, all the competing designs are illustrated to offer the full picture, and all influential circumstances are highlighted. This is Mr Miranda style.

I enjoyed all the contents and learnt a lot new facts:

Messerschmitt priority in the distribution of the available engines conditioned Focke Wulf designs.

How War becoming conditioned engine availability and development, thus in turn conditioning aircraft concepts and solutions.

Honest coverage of pros and cons in technology and philosophy from contenders.

Many III Reich unbuilt projects books show projects unrelated. Not the case with Justo Miranda

An excellent coverage of first Focke Wulf jet fighter effort

Thanks to this book, I have learnt in full extent what the Jägernotprogramm was.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Emergency_Fighter_Program

The complex lineage of the influential Ta 183 design is developed in full detail. Hans Multhopp’s (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hans_Multhopp) design was scaled up,
scaled down and adapted to different powerpalnts to meet many requests

I’m also delighted the excellent coverage of heavy fighter designs, initially long range pursuit fighters and Mosquito interceptors, later the night fighter competition.

Kurt Tank (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kurt_Tank) activities after World War II are also remarkable developing the Ta 183 design, still more into an advanced fighter comparable to their contemporaries. In fact, most of its contemporaries also inherited the same German WWII era research. But Argentina ambitions were truncated and Tank ended in India with a Mach 2 fighter new design which also failed to find the way to reach is full potential.

An exciting story I strongly recommend. Should I say I’m already wanting for the next gem in Fonthill’s series?

Justo, I presume 'Panic Fighters' is your next book?

pometablava said:
I’ve just read the book and Iove it.

First of all I appreciate the well organized exposition of the facts. Profuse in data and detail. The author always refers at the name of the competitions, all the competing designs are illustrated to offer the full picture, and all influential circumstances are highlighted. This is Mr Miranda style.

I enjoyed all the contents and learnt a lot new facts:

Messerschmitt priority in the distribution of the available engines conditioned Focke Wulf designs.

How War becoming conditioned engine availability and development, thus in turn conditioning aircraft concepts and solutions.

Honest coverage of pros and cons in technology and philosophy from contenders.

Many III Reich unbuilt projects books show projects unrelated. Not the case with Justo Miranda

An excellent coverage of first Focke Wulf jet fighter effort

Thanks to this book, I have learnt in full extent what the Jägernotprogramm was.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Emergency_Fighter_Program

The complex lineage of the influential Ta 183 design is developed in full detail. Hans Multhopp’s (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hans_Multhopp) design was scaled up,
scaled down and adapted to different powerpalnts to meet many requests

I’m also delighted the excellent coverage of heavy fighter designs, initially long range pursuit fighters and Mosquito interceptors, later the night fighter competition.

Kurt Tank (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kurt_Tank) activities after World War II are also remarkable developing the Ta 183 design, still more into an advanced fighter comparable to their contemporaries. In fact, most of its contemporaries also inherited the same German WWII era research. But Argentina ambitions were truncated and Tank ended in India with a Mach 2 fighter new design which also failed to find the way to reach is full potential.

An exciting story I strongly recommend. Should I say I’m already wanting for the next gem in Fonthill’s series?

:) :) :) :) :) :)

A bonus for modelers is a chapter about the fictitious "MiG-19" kits issued by Aurora and Lindberg in the 1950s, and their relationship to Tank's designs.

Many thanks for the kind words on Justo's amazing books and we have more titles to announce in the near future. Suffice to say, I sent the press release to aviation and military/generic history magazines; however, it was the modelling community who were most interested. Never ignore the modellers!

And as always, Justo is a delight to work with in producing excellent books. If you should have a question or perhaps have your own book proposal, by all means do drop me a line as it would be very good to hear from you:

j.slater (AT) fonthillmedia.com

With very best wishes,

Jay
Publisher
www.fonthillmedia.com

Jayslater said:
Many thanks for the kind words on Justo's amazing books and we have more titles to announce in the near future. Suffice to say, I sent the press release to aviation and military/generic history magazines; however, it was the modelling community who were most interested. Never ignore the modellers!

And as always, Justo is a delight to work with in producing excellent books. If you should have a question or perhaps have your own book proposal, by all means do drop me a line as it would be very good to hear from you:

j.slater (AT) fonthillmedia.com

With very best wishes,

Jay
Publisher
www.fonthillmedia.com

And thank you, Jay, for continuing to publish interesting books for us "enthusiasts".