Drawing the Profile of the F-14 ST21

Lemniscus 1

I really should change my personal text
Reaction score
For awhile now, I have considered attempting to make my own profile of the F-14 Super Tomcat 21. However, after making a profile of the F-14D as a base to build from, and doing some reading on the Tomcat 21 itself... I realize I am woefully under-equipped to understand how the changes would have physically altered the appearance of the F-14D aside from the modified Wing Gloves (Which in turn I am experiencing perspective issues on how to imply the changed shape). My biggest problem comes from understanding how to enlarge the engine housing for the F110-GE-429's. Can anyone help illustrate to me how I make those changes?

For reference, here's the profile of the F-14D I am working from (based directly on Hasegawa's F-14D kits) attached below.

Attachments

• F-14D-4.png
    F-14D-4.png
    496.6 KB · Views: 702
PNG.

Attachments

• F-14D-4 2.png
    F-14D-4 2.png
    209.3 KB · Views: 458
I know this is very late, I just stumbled across this. If you're still working on this, you don't need to change the housings. The F-14 was always designed to take multiple engine choices. The F110s all have the same diameter and length.For their installation in the Tomcat, there is a plug in the engine to increase their length to sit properly in the nacelles. This plug is not on installations in other aircraft.

My related point is that AFAIK, for the Super Tomcat 21, you don't need to make any changes to the nacelles from the F-14D.

And if this is way too late, is Emily Litella used to say, "Never mind" ( boy, does that date me!)!