Aircraft - Real or fake?

We already had it here, I think, just cannot find the thread in the moment. You're right, it
was a "fake", or better, it was a kind of fanciful prospect and probably not meant seriously.
Originally it was published in a french magazine and to me, it looks more like a caricature.

I think so my dear Jemiba,

but why it was published in a magazine,that magazine spoke about real aircraft only ?,
it was just a dream from French designer.

hesham said:
but why it was published in a magazine,that magazine spoke about real aircraft only ?,

Don't know in which French magazine it was published, but Luftfahrt International sometimes mentioned
things, that definitely weren't real ! For example, there was an article about "German Flying Saucers" and,
no, they didn't speak about aircraft like the Sack AS-5, but about those UFOs, very admired in certain
circles. But they always mentioned, that it were fakes, or at least extremely unrealistic ! So, be aware not
just to take the existence of an aircraft for granted, because there was a picture in that magazine. There's no
way (and there's NEVER such a way !) without at least a basic understanding of the accompanying text.

At least my dear Jemiba,

it was a good imagination from them (French magazine).

hesham said:
it was a good imagination from them (French magazine).

Well, maybe, but I still have some doubts, and those were expressed, too, in the article in Luftfahrt International
(Just had a look into the issue again): Judging the overall appearance of the aircraft (somewhat resembling a B-17,
to my opinion), it seems to be build completely from armour plating. The helicopter, you can see on tghe drawing,
actually was carried by the aircraft and has just taken off from the dorsal hangar. Very good, because, the people
still there are giving the only usable scale and a quick and rough estimation gives the legth of about 90 m, so it
actually would dwarf the biggest recent aircraft ! But using that scale, it becomes clear, that all those gun turrets aren't
just armed with machine guns, but with weapons usually found on bigger warships ! Sorry, I'm not able to estimate the
weighht, such an aircraft would likely have, probably in the range of a smaller cruiser ? 4,000 to 5,000 tons ?
The articles last statement is, that the type of the 4 engines remains secret, but ... that the latest and most powerful
rocket engines probably would deliver enough thrust for such a monstrosity, so "maybe it's not that silly utopia ?".
But be aware, that the in the context last question clearly was asked tongue-in-cheek ! ;)

Hi,

was this a real project or fake ?,it was from Helican Mercier !.

Attachments

• H_Mercier.JPG
    H_Mercier.JPG
    23.2 KB · Views: 542
Perhaps "Helican Mercier" is just the name of the draftsman, judging the way, the name is written on that drawing ?
Knowledge of the source would be helpful. ;)

Jemiba said:
Perhaps "Helican Mercier" is just the name of the draftsman, judging the way, the name is written on that drawing ?
Knowledge of the source would be helpful. ;)

The way I understand it, this is clearly an aicraft called the Hélican and designed by a Mr. Mercier.
"Hélican" is not a first name in French and never was...

boxkite said:
"Hélican" sounds like a mixture of HÉLIcoptère and pÉLICAN.

Yep. That's exactly what it sounds like, and what it probably was as well.

Ah, yes, sorry ! Makes much more sense indeed. I'm not tat familiar with French
first names .. ::)
Nevertheless, the concept itself still makes not much sense to me. "STOL" came into
my mind, with the rotor acting in the same way, as lift jet engines on a number of proposals,
but with the center of lift without the rotor that far back,it couldn't be stopped during
forward flight and I doubt, that aerodynamics would be very favourable.

My dears,

I will try to remember the site,it is not hard,but could take a little time.

Hi,

I think those China stealth aircraft are a fake designs,but is there any confirm about this?.

Attachments

• China 1.png
    China 1.png
    199.6 KB · Views: 1,145
  • China 2.png
    China 2.png
    206.6 KB · Views: 1,110
From those drawings it isn't even clear, if they are meant as "projects", or just as notional designs for explaining
the trade-offs for different layouts. Please, as usual, mention the source ! On the one hand, that's always
necessary to minimise the dangers of getting into trouble because of copyright issues, on the other hand,
it could give other members on this forum the possibility of judging the site, those drawings come from.
We certainly have members, who actually can read such characters. ;)

OK my dear Jemiba,

here is the source;

http://www.defence.pk/forums/air-warfare/75408-combat-aircraft-projects-designs-index-2nd-post-17.html

Here's a fake but kind of real. Fake because it never flew and was a movie prop. But sort of real in the sense they used the front fuselage of an F-5.

The fictional YF-32 from the 2011 Green Lantern movie.

Attachments

• Green Lantern YF-32-1.jpg
    Green Lantern YF-32-1.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 901
  • Green Lantern YF-32-2.jpg
    Green Lantern YF-32-2.jpg
    57.2 KB · Views: 769
GTX said:
Pity it never flew since it is quite an attractive little jet.

Yeah! For once I was thrilled at the sight of a fake aircraft in a movie, thinking "Wow, this looks so cool, and feasible too!!"

Also like the Stark types in the various Iron Man movies...

Creative said:
... they used the front fuselage of an F-5.

One step further, than the Iranian Saeqeh !

Hi,

here is the Fokker D.XXV,of course this Model is for a fake aircraft,but the drawing looks
like a real design,who can recognize it ?.

Attachments

• FokkerDXXVart.jpg
    FokkerDXXVart.jpg
    45.3 KB · Views: 628
The line drawing appears to be copied from 'Fokker D.21 - Fokkers laatste eenmotorige jager' by Peter de Jong, Lanasta 2012.
Drawing's caption in that book:
Design 151, one of the 'D.22' projects, is seen here with a 1050-hp Rolls-Royce Merlin II and a chin radiator, calculated top speed being 530 km/h (330 mph). While not world class fighters for the 1940s, these designs look like attractive options fot the Dutch Army, but little interest was shown.
Drawing by Frits Gerdessen.

Candidates for the D.22 designation were designs 150 (air-cooled radial) and 151 (liquid-cooled inline), but neither was built. The last D.-type built was the D.23 push-pull twin boom fighter. After WW2, the D.24 designation was used for a supersonic, VTOL, variable sweep fighter, developed in cooperation with Republic. The D.25 designation is probably pure fantasy, I personally don't think this designation was ever used.

I don't believe it a sound concept to judge information archived by a museum as possibly "fake"... Typos are always possible of course, but here we have a designation, a country, a date, so probably they got this information from somewhere.

Hi,

I think this aircraft was a hypothetical or fake design,am I right ?.

Attachments

• B.jpg
    B.jpg
    9.1 KB · Views: 832
Any further info on this, Hesham? Like a scan of the article, or the date of the magazine? I'd like to see more on this!
Grif

Sorry Grif,

I have only the cover of the Air Trails magazine,unfortunately I don't have
any single issue of it,may be someone can help.

Hi,

I think those two fighters are fake designs,am I right ?.

Attachments

• A.gif
    A.gif
    56.5 KB · Views: 793
hesham said:
I think those two fighters are fake designs,am I right ?.

Of course they are! They are straight from the Bill Barnes pulps of the 1930s!

Attachments

• BF-4D Snorter.jpg
    BF-4D Snorter.jpg
    186.2 KB · Views: 786
Founded by my dear Tophe,

and I think it was a completely fake design (Tupolev Tu-442),am I right or there something
I don't know ?.

http://imodeler.com/uploads/2013/12/AH-Tupolev-tu-422.jpg

Attachments

• Tupolev-tu-422.jpg
    Tupolev-tu-422.jpg
    92.4 KB · Views: 614
Hi,

I found this picture to SAAB 32 Lansen ,fitted with a rotor mounted on a pylon over
the mid of the fuselage,is it a fake design.

Source; FLYGvapen NYTT

Attachments

• 1.png
    1.png
    368.8 KB · Views: 452
Sure it's not parked in front of a Rotodyne?

Chris

Just by judging, what the rotor would do to the tail fin, I would regard
this as a fake ! ;)

OK my dears,

and for confirm,if anyone here is Swedish,can translate the article.

Jemiba said:
this as a fake ! ;)
Lack of any visible anti-torque mechanism makes me agree this a fake

yasotay said:
Jemiba said:
this as a fake ! ;)
Lack of any visible anti-torque mechanism makes me agree this a fake

Why would an autogyro need an antitorque rotor?

sferrin said:
Why would an autogyro need an antitorque rotor?

Correct, but an autogyro wouldn't be a true V/STOL aircraft. This thing looks like
a typical April fool to me.

Back
Top Bottom