flateric said:
Sic transit
http://www.parabolicarc.com/2017/11/13/arca-space-ceo-arrested-charges-embezzlement-fraud/

Interesting is that ARCA was accused in 2012 by Romanian media for all kind of wrongdoing.
That include embezzlement fraud also connected wrongly ARCA in failure of cubesat Goliat by ROSA.
ROSA is Romanian State Space Agency while ARCA is privately funded and had nothing to do with Goliat program.

More Interesting is Anova Technologies.
That Communication firm specialized in WIFI technology like Laser or millimeter wave length transmission.
What interest has Anova in ARCA and Dumitru Popescu ?

Oh by the way
next episode Part 3 of Meet the Romanian Team
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=57VJZjrGmcQ

Last edited:
Maybe this is fair of me, maybe it ain't: but that guy seems to have an incredibly punchable face. He's got that "worried puppydog" look that seems to come with your average scumbag accused of white collar crimes or general chicanery.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D01NHPnLrVs

Appropriately for a rocket that hails from Transylvania, it seems to have come back from the dead.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rzvN7vvr4_I

Give me a half year in my garage and i make a beautiful spaceship for you
But do not look in the inside.
The outside is made of composit.
The inside is hollow
I miss electronics and a lot of other stuff

ARCA is back
seems after US miss adventure they do testing only in Rumania from now

Episode 21 in Saga of building a Prototype.
with good news

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fXXx02rJpm0

Eventually you really need to show you can build hardware that does what you say even in small scale. Otherwise, it becomes harder and harder to dismiss suspicions of fraud. Especially if you start proposing things that are technically uncertain.

My impression is similar to Scott Manley's.

Why not make the bell exhaust so that it can absorb microwaves or lasers from the outsite.
Save you a lot of accu weight and your isp with enough power will be far greater.

ARCA new Goals

2021 HAAS 2AC - Two stage Operational Small Satellite Launcher 200 kg payload
2026 HAAS Heavy Two stage Rocket with Payload 27 metric tons.
2029 Go further that ever before (what ever they mean with that)

D-dYSB4WkAASmb7.jpg:large

ok this is there newest plan
and it look completely ORTAG insane

FYILR0rXEAA7Si9

NASAspaceflight is going crazy laughing at the stupid scam (myself included). This is Saul Goodman scam into space, really (scam in a can ? LMAO).

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n3z4sTKn-f0

À nounours il a dit bonne nuit mon bonhomme /

Il est parti danser le jerk au Palladium

Also that memorable line "my best friend is of the distracted kind / the other day he was to take a train / but took a laxative instead "

Someone's been drinking an awful lot of Red Bull.

My guess would be Kool-aid.

As for eco-rocket... that abuse of the word "ecology" is maddening, but let's correct it. As a frenchman I would suggest it should be named ESCROC-rocket instead. Because "escroc", you see, is french slang for "con man". In passing, it also work in reverse with the word "con" in french - it could be aptly applied to ARCA. Athough "con" while still an insult in french, has an entire differently meaning - two, actually: the original one and the present day, familiar one. None of the two is exactly flattering.

All hail the con-man-rocket ! If you liked "spam in a can" (as slang for manned spaceflight), now hail ARCA: scam-in-a-can.

Last edited:
The original OTRAG would have allowed wide payloads. Dishes, maybe lenticular designs? No faith in these guys though.

At least the basic OTRAG element was sane technology that could eventually work (storable press-fed steel tube). They even fired some of them.
Lutz Kayzer, that unrepenting nazi, was scamming such colossal SOBs as Mobutu and Ugly Ghaddaffi.
The OTRAG bunddles were certainly hopeless (an aerodynamic kludge) - but ARCA scheme of steam water rocket is outright ridiculous and a shameful scam.

I think Scott Manley focusses to much on the wrong aspects, water rockets are indeed cheap to manufacture and can be very safe. Steam boilers heated by fire will have an uneven temperature distribution, suffer from corrosion and have a much more complicated structure, they are not comparable. A steam rocket could be made as a single peace aluminum bottle, which would be extremely cheap and safe. For mechanical reasons, a ball shape or several ball shaped fessels in a line would be better than a cylindrical shape and could safe a lot of weight.

Heating could be done in many ways, with electrical heating being the simplest solution. The whole heating system can be attached to the ground, to keep the Rockets as lightweight and simple as possible.

Air resistance is important for rockets, and a rocket shaped like a flying carpet isn’t very efficient in this regard. I don’t think it makes sense to use so many small rockets instead of fewer bigger ones. With using only few large booster rockets, it might be possible to built an isolating fairing around them which is attached to the ground, not the rocket. The top of the fairing should be open, so that the rocket could leave the fairing during the start.

There was a group of students in Berlin (http://www.aquarius-aerospace.de/) which developed water rockets, one of them wrote an extremely good Diplomarbeit (equivalent for Master thesis) about the potential of hot water rockets which I found somewhere in the internet. He became a professor by the way.

Unfortunately I forgot the theoretical maximum height of a two stage system, but I remember it was quite impressive.

Now the idea of rockets AS payloads interests me. Maybe OTRAG type tubes can serve as struts if a few can make like the LM-5 core and get to orbit. Developing an LV that lends itself to wet stage development seems easier than Starship.

Now the idea of rockets AS payloads interests me. Maybe OTRAG type tubes can serve as struts if a few can make like the LM-5 core and get to orbit. Developing an LV that lends itself to wet stage development seems easier than Starship.
Nothing new here really - in a two stage rocket for example the second stage plus its payload form by definition the payload of the first stage. Just some very basic rocket science :).

(note that ASTRA is another rocket company, much more serious than ARCA but in deep trouble nonetheless).

Aha!

Knud Axel Syrup, chief engineer of the spaceship Mercury Girl, sat and drank his favourite beer and thought about the coming war he was so anxious to avoid. For Grendel – the planetoid on which he was stranded – had been occupied by a band of fiery Irish revolutionaries. And once the rival Anglians discovered this, there response would be speedy and violent.

Then, as Herr Syrup shook up a bottle of brew and let the foam shoot out of its top, he realised suddenly what could be done to get him off Grendel.

And so came about a marvellous spaceship – built of beer kegs, bound by gunk, upholstered with pretzel boxes, and powered by the mighty reaction forces of malted brew!

Back
Top Bottom