Register here

Author Topic: Great impression of what a modern "stealthy" F-104 would look like...  (Read 2328 times)

Offline Jeb

• CLEARANCE: Secret
Found on the lovely Concept Ships gallery website. http://conceptships.blogspot.com/

Offline pathology_doc

• CLEARANCE: Top Secret
I suspect the RCS of the tip tanks is going to spike a fair bit, but the concept looks cool.

Offline r3mu511

• CLEARANCE: Confidential
  • I really should change my personal text
yup, they've formed corner reflectors both on the tip tank tails as well as the aircraft tail itself... tip tanks sides also don't look like they're chined so there would be surface specular scatter from the tank sides, as well as creeping wave diffraction from waves which travel around the tank circumference (tho I'ld expect they'ld use RAM to attenuate those surface travelling wave effects, but still a chine would have caused the wave to shed on the opposite side of the tank instead of creeping back to this side)...
« Last Edit: June 13, 2017, 08:52:02 pm by r3mu511 »

Offline phrenzy

• as long as all they ask me about is the air war...
Beautiful image, I suppose the polite thing to do would be to ask the artist before I printed it for my wall?

Thanks for that one, the lawn dart has held a special place in my mind ever since I read Ben Rich's autobiography, it was his work on f-104 inlets that got him into Skunk Works. With his involvement in stealth I dare say he would find this image intriguing at least.
We train young men to drop fire on people. Yet their commanders won't allow them to write "fuck" on their airplanes because it is obscene.  -  Kurtz

Offline GWrecks

• CLEARANCE: Confidential
  • Tailless Kitsunemimi
Re: Great impression of what a modern "stealthy" F-104 would look like...
« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2018, 04:04:54 pm »
Artist is Peter.

He has a Pixiv page: https://www.pixiv.net/member.php?id=9429014

Some of his stuff is...not very realistic. So take it with a grain of salt.

There's also a "stealth" Sea Vixen in there somewhere, but I'm too lazy to post it.
↑↑↓↓LRLRBA

Offline Jeb

Re: Great impression of what a modern "stealthy" F-104 would look like...
« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2018, 10:21:07 am »
Thanks for the link.