Register here

Author Topic: The Admiralty and the Helicopter  (Read 4378 times)

Online PaulMM (Overscan)

• Secret Projects Forum Founder
  • Administrator
  • CLEARANCE: Top Secret
  • Paul Martell-Mead
    • Secret Projects
Re: The Admiralty and the Helicopter
« Reply #30 on: November 06, 2017, 03:52:27 pm »

There might even be enough new material to justify increasing the page count. And Paul knows how reluctant I am on that front.

I sure do :)

In my defence, I wasn't actually intending to write a 48 page book when I started, but I think the 96 page book I could have done would have been a bit flabby. 64 pages was a good compromise, very little of interest was actually lost :) Shame JK Rowling didn't use Blue Envoy, the later Harry Potter books could have done with a page count limit :)
"They can't see our arses for dust."

- Sir Sydney Camm

Offline CJGibson

• Top Contributor
  • I didn't get where I am today by...
« Reply #31 on: November 07, 2017, 12:55:34 am »
I saved you from pic-bloat and the descent into 'The Big Boys' Book of Fancy Aeroplanes in Colour'.

Chris

Offline Geoff_B

• The Scratchbuilding Demigod
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #32 on: November 09, 2017, 12:38:40 am »
For those attending the IPMS UK Scale Model World at Telford this weekend. The Project Cancelled SIG which models secret projects will be in Hall 3 facing the roller shutter at the back of the Hall.

http://ipmsuk.org/ipms-scale-modelworld/scale-modelworld-floor-plan/

Its where the likes of Tony, Chris, etc will gather when not signing books so please feel free to stop by and say hello, as all the crew behind the stand are long standing members of the Forum.

As for the book being delayed, if it fills in the missing gap and even better has drawings to go with it then its well worth the pause and the rejig to accommodate it, as hopefully it will fill in gap that often brushed over without anybody covering it any deeper.