Register here

Author Topic: Tupolev 1922-1945 projects  (Read 6814 times)

Offline athpilot

• CLEARANCE: Secret
  • Fly me to the moon...
Re: Tupolev 1922-1945 projects
« Reply #30 on: December 22, 2018, 08:39:14 am »
ANT-41 (T-1) and ANT-41 (T-1) on floats.

Source: K. Udalov and Marek Rys. Myasishchev DB. OKB-6.
Artist impressions: Marek Rys

Hi ucon! This is very great and interesting. Where can I get this booK?? (Avicopress? ???)
Thanx and Merry X-Mas!

Offline ucon

• CLEARANCE: Top Secret
    • Avicopress
« Reply #31 on: December 22, 2018, 09:19:09 am »
Hi, Athpilot and merry Christmas!
Pm me

Offline gabrielorosco

• CLEARANCE: Confidential
  • I really should change my personal text
« Reply #32 on: January 05, 2019, 07:37:27 am »
Hi to all!

Just got a copy of the Encyclopedia of Myasishchev Aircraft, OKB-6 - ANT-41 and Li-2 Story, written by our dear Ucon (Konstatin Udalov) and Marek Rys. I am very impressed with the quality of this material, I had the feeling thar after reading this book no aditional info about these amazing projects are needed, the history of the projects are covered until the smallest details. Incredible images, full of 3-view high quality drawings, magnific action pictures and many surprise aircraft variants never seen before. I really recommend it to all members, it is a trully masterpiece in aviation history.

Hugs!!

Offline athpilot

• Fly me to the moon...
« Reply #33 on: January 16, 2019, 06:51:58 am »
Hi everyone!
I just received my copy of this book. Like most of avicopress publications, it covers some aspects of the Myasishchev Design Bureau and its aircrafts / aircraft projects. This book is the first volume in a planned series about the aircrafts of OKB-6 (special construction office no. 6). The authors, the well known Konstantin Gennadievich Udalov and artist Marek Rys, present a profoundly researched and well illustrated book about the ANT-41 (T-1) and Li-2 (PS-89) planes. Udalov starts with the designhistory of the ANT-41, which begann in the early 1930s and gives detailed historic and technical background. Every designstage and most of the designs, prototypes, projects and production aircraft are either covered on photo, drawing or 3d illustration (by Marek). But not only the planes are describe, even some of their - more or less well-known - designers are covered; e.g. A.P. Tchernavskii. The second (and main) part of the book is dedicated to the legendary Li-2 (pp. 38-179). Especially this part is brillant: text and illustrations are matching perfectly and many new informations can be found here, not only for historians and aircraft enthusiats, but also for modelers. Its getting obvious here, that the Li-2 was not just a simple copy of the american DC-3, but the Myasishchev engineers refinde it in an impressive manner and the soviets adapted it to fit the needs. The Li-2 programme gave a serious boost to the whole soviet aviation industrie. It is astonishing to look at the variety of designs and projects derived from the basic airplane. The last 30 pages show nearly all of the realised and planned Li-2 versions, military and civil ones. This plane could be adopted to every need: (night-)bomber, rescue plane, transport, flying testbed, relay aircraft, research aircraft etc. etc. My favorite version is the giant vintokriil (a vtol gyrocopter) version.
The book is written good and even readers with little russian language skills should be able to cope with it.
So, highly recommendations! Im looking forward for the next volumes...
Greetings, Athpilot
« Last Edit: January 16, 2019, 08:57:38 am by athpilot »

Offline igor-mich

« Reply #34 on: January 16, 2019, 11:52:29 am »
With great pleasure I got acquainted with the first volume of Myasishchev KB about the first independent steps of a talented designer.
Wonderful publication of  AVICOPRESS!
A huge archival material with a clear demonstration of documents from that period, excellent 3D graphics, detailed drawings.
I have no doubt that it will be informative, everyone who wants to get acquainted with this book.
I look forward to the next volume and many thanks to KG Udalov for the cool work in the light of the coverage of the history of Russian aviation!