hesham

ACCESS: USAP
Reaction score
My dears,

we know Kamov helicopters;Skr-1,Skr-2,AK,Ka.8,Ka.10,Ka.15,
Ka.18,Ka.19,Ka.20,Ka.22,Ka.25,Ka.26,Ka.27,Ka.28,Ka.29,Ka.30,Ka.31,
Ka.32,Ka.33,Ka.34,Ka.35,Ka.36,Ka.37,Ka.40,Ka.50,Ka.52,Ka.54,Ka.56,
Ka.58,Ka.60,Ka.62,Ka.64,Ka.115,Ka.116,Ka.118,Ka.126,Ka.128,Ka.136,
Ka.137,Ka.215,Ka.226,Ka.327,Ka.430,V-50,V-60,V-80 and V-100.

are there anther projects to this company ?!

Dear Matej,

the Kamov Ka.30 was mentioned here:
http://www.armscontrol.ru/atmtc/Arms_systems/Avia/Russian/Kamov_Design_bureau.htm

So its wrong. I saw only once designation Ka-30A11BC (C-GKHL, cn 88-01/03) for civil Kamov helicopter and I found it incorrect. Ka-30 was a fan powered minibus. Kamov also produced another vehicles, optimized for operations in Sibir (Sever-2 for example). See it here official:

http://www.kamov.ru/market/hist/ke14.htm

My dear boxkite,

do you have anther projects to this company ?.

do you have anther projects to this company ?

Unfortunately, I don't have my Kamov books at home at the moment (borrowed to a friend), so please be patient.

A few thoughts:

Ka-58 -> was a joke/fake as model kit (I believe with support by OKB Kamov!)
Ka-430 -> I only know the Kalkert Ka 430, a German assault glider from WWII. Are you sure that there was a Kamov project with the same designation (such a high number)?

In my memory I've never heard of a Ka-116 (misprint of Ka-115?), Ka-136 (misprint of Ka-137?), and Ka-327. A reference for these three Kamov projects would be very welcome.

My dear boxkite,

Kamov Ka.136 was developed from Hokum ,see also:
www.aeronautics.ru/ka136.htm
Kamov Ka.116 was turbine engined development of the Ka.26.
for the Ka.430 and Ka.327 let to me one day or more,I promise
I will get them.

Yep - Ka-136 is another "cold war" mistake. Generally it is desinterpretation of Ka-50. I have a picture of the same artists impression, but from different angle dated sometime around 1990. It is interesting that "Kamov Hokum" was always presented in the west as a two seat, because nobody was able to believe, that it is possible to make the one seat helicopter. Military agencies also did a good work, because they decided to clam a plastic panels behind the real cockpit for creating a false reflectance (see picture). Its funny that now we have both - single seat Ka-50, tandem seat Ka-50-2 and side-by-side seat Ka-52.

Attachments

• image011.jpg
    image011.jpg
    9.7 KB · Views: 2,080
And several sources claimed the Hokum to be a "fighter helicopter", mainly intended
for air-to-air combat. Just a try to create a new "gap" ?

No dear overscan,

the Ka.116 was mentioned here:
www.pilotfriend.com/photo_albums/helicopters/Kamov%20helicopters.htm

McDonnell Model-113 :was long range light or medium cargo/troop transport
helicopter,project only.
do any one have a more informations about
Boeing-858 helicopter ?.

hesham said:
No dear overscan,

Its a mistake. Believe me.

Hesham, PLEASE assess your sources before contradicting me. I'm not infallible, but you need to stop trusting random websites.

Otherwise you are simply wasting our time!

Paul.

overscan said:
hesham said:
No dear overscan,

Its a mistake. Believe me.

Hesham, PLEASE assess your sources before contradicting me. I'm not infallible, but you need to stop trusting random websites.

Otherwise you are simply wasting our time!

Paul.

Dear overscan,

there are anther eight sites mention Ka.116 !

Well hesham, if its possible, please post them. It will help the discussion. The number of the sites is not any argument, because I can argue that there are thousands of sites, that are mentioning Aurora or TR-3B or allien flying saucers... You know, quantity is not the same as quality.

All the sites mentioning Ka-116 are traceable to a single mistake in the original source, which I believe to be:

http://www.helis.com/timeline/kamov.php

The other sites seem to be cut and pastes from this site, which, though nice, is the work of a single Argentinian helicopter fan in his spare time.

Notice that the Ka-116 is

a) described as a turbine engined Ka-26
b) Referred to by NATO codename of Hoodlum-B

Now, 10 seconds of searching should lead you to find that "Hoodlum-B" is the ASCC codename for the Ka-126, which is a turbine engined Ka-26 derivative.

Kamov can tell you all about the Ka-126

http://www.kamov.ru/market/tablen/126.htm

There is simply NO EVIDENCE for the existence of this supposed Ka-116 project.

Hi,

that was Kamov project-X of 1951;

Attachments

• project-X.jpg
    project-X.jpg
    43.5 KB · Views: 2,327
Uh, DC-3 with rotors?!?!? Such a crazy testbed. Hesham - please do you have some additional information (that can prove that it was really proposed project)? It looks great.

The Kamov Project Kh (Cyrillic "X") to convert an Li-2 into a compound helicopter is covered briefly in Yefim Gordon's Li-2 book (Red Star vol 27) published by Ian Allan.

The device mounted above the fuselage is a Kuznetsov TV-2 gas turbine. This drove the rotors while the standard engines were retained for forward flight.

The project appears to have got as far as wind tunnel tests before being cancelled in 1952 after the successful tests of the Mi-4 and Yak-24.

Hmmmm... about 10 t HAL I have nothing.

And yet I forgot to post this - early Kamov Ka-12, 3 views. Taken from "Samolyoty mira" (World Aircraft) magazine some 10 years ago :)

Attachments

• Kamov.jpg
    Kamov.jpg
    236.2 KB · Views: 1,331
http://www.avia-n-aero.ru/photo.php?category_id=596&parent_id=564&photo_id=4916&countdisplay=&start=0

Were shown at MAKS 2007 - shown so stealthy that me was drifting along without noticing it at all. Regarding Ka-92 all Kamov guys said that it can carry 30 passengers with an operating range of 700 km without refueling and will be used mainly for 'local airlines, regional transportation system'. Putin was given desktop model of Ka-92 during his short visit to MAKS. Mikheev says that developement stage will take minimum 8 years.

Attachments

• KA-32-10&KA-92.jpg
    KA-32-10&KA-92.jpg
    119.8 KB · Views: 1,977
Interesting that the Kamov folks are considering a coaxial system and an un-ducted fan propulsor... seems a current trend with Russian named helicopter companies. ;D I suppose for civil operations that prop back their is an acceptable risk since you usually can control where people go around aircraft. In the military venue though, sooner or later you are going to have troops walk or drive into that prop, most likely at night, after they have been operating for several days without sleep. I do like the concept though.

The Ka-32-10 seems a pretty straightforward (and practical) upgrade to current Kamov capabilities.

Thanks Gregory. I've wondered for some time if Kamov would do a "ramped" version of the Ka-32.

One curious aspect to me is the switch to a single tail.

I noticed in your post in US Joint Heavy Lift that Sikorsky's X-2 looks generally similar to the Ka-32-10. But Sikorsky stuck with twin tails while Kamov has chosen to go with a single tail. I wonder why.

flateric said:
Ok, how many tails Ka-50/50-2/52 have?

Point taken. And I guess since they are redesigning the whole fuselage anyway ...

If you'll indulge me, I'll rephrase my question: how would a single Ka-50 style tail be of advantage to the Ka-32-10 over the original Ka-32 twin-tail?

Apophenia said:
flateric said:
Ok, how many tails Ka-50/50-2/52 have?

Point taken. And I guess since they are redesigning the whole fuselage anyway ...

If you'll indulge me, I'll rephrase my question: how would a single Ka-50 style tail be of advantage to the Ka-32-10 over the original Ka-32 twin-tail?

This is a wild guess, but perhaps by using one large tail they can reduce the size of the outrigger vertical stablizers and that will make it easier to ingress/egress the new ramp at the back of the aircraft. The orginal two would hang rather low and restrict the movement around the back of the aircraft. While that might not be such a big deal for commercial operations, it could have a significant impact on military operations.

Just a thought.

Thanks Yasotay. That makes sense.

Presumably with the X-2 being a larger aircraft, Sikorsky decided that the twin-tails weren't a problem for them. Cheers.

Hi,

the Kamov Ka.25F was designed in 1968 as army assault/transport helicopter
but lost out to competing the Mi-24 helicopter.

Attachments

• ka-25f.jpg
    ka-25f.jpg
    26.3 KB · Views: 973
President Putin gets Ka-92 desktop model from Mikheev at MAKS.
Note that the model differs some way from the CGI renderings.

From the Smotr (Parade) TV Weekly show. (C) NTV Channel

Attachments

• Untitled-1.jpg
    Untitled-1.jpg
    108.8 KB · Views: 997
  • Untitled-2.jpg
    Untitled-2.jpg
    110.2 KB · Views: 961
  • Untitled-3.jpg
    Untitled-3.jpg
    110.2 KB · Views: 880
  • Untitled-4.jpg
    Untitled-4.jpg
    109.7 KB · Views: 826
Hmmm ??? Intersting as it looks remarkable like a Sikorsky S-92 with typical Kamov features !

Thanks for posting,
Deino

It looks like this project may be more serious than first thought!

Nice pics...

-----JT-----