6th generation fighter concepts

Shape, position and span of the canards doesn't look effective.

The -143 look cool at least.

Here are some ideas for 6th gen, assuming a fusion of radar stealth with extensive electronic countermeasures:

- fully movable wingtips as on Su-50 instead of ailerons
- no vertical tail with "2D" TVC
- two engines, but not terribly large ones
- rotating front section with cockpit. Reasoning:
Rotation allows for having a large mission package bay + basic air combat missile load bays + engine air inlets on the upside hidden from most radars while flying at 60-70 k ft altitude
opposite is necessary for + 9-11 g manoeuvres (mostly evasive manoeuvres) and munition release
- keep areas for sensors: IR/UV missile approach sensors (~DAS), tail radar with rotating AESA antenna (Su-3x-like)
- retractable IRST
- retractable DIRCM laser (same side as bomb bay, air inlets)
- F-22-like nose section + really large delta wing

Hi lastdingo,sorry for the late replay,about the design,i used the original Northrop concept posted here in the forum to make my drawings,i know that the canard shape looks a bit odd,but it was based on the original Northrop design.

best regards

Pedro

This is another drawing,made by using Rodrigo Avella Esave design and Lockheed Martin X-44 concept

PSA-186

YBgy8sMl.jpg

this one was made using Northrop Lap concept,posted here in the forum(i think the original illustration was made by Kurt Beswick,and Scott Lowther),my modification was to give it variable geometry wings and inlets above the fuselage;

PSB-137

MvVuDcsl.jpg

Hi everyone,happy new year,here are some more new drawings,the first one is a stealth strike fighter,with variable geometry wings,made using Rodrigo Avella J-50 as a base;

PSA-146A

zKP1sJuh.jpg

and the second is a 6th generation fighter,made using Rodrigo Avella J-50 (new version) as a base

PSA-184

KhA4P8wh.jpg

pedrospe said:
and the second is a 6th generation fighter,made using Rodrigo Avella J-50 (new version) as a base

PSA-184

KhA4P8wh.jpg

Thanks for posting your artworks ... however one question concerning this J-50.

It has a Chinese designation, is armed with the PL-15 and the new PL-X but has USAF-markings????

Or am I wrong?

Best,
Deino

Hi Deino,i just used a design made by Rodrigo Avella as a base to make my drawings and in it´s original design Rodrigo uses chinese missiles and chinese markings and named is concept J-50,if you want to see Rodrigo original designs,just go to is deviantart page.

best regards

Pedro

pedrospe said:
Hi Deino,i just used a design made by Rodrigo Avella as a base to make my drawings and in it´s original design Rodrigo uses chinese missiles and chinese markings and named is concept J-50,if you want to see Rodrigo original designs,just go to is deviantart page.

best regards

Pedro

No, it was no critics, it's impressive, amazing ... I like it very much!

All I wondered is why it still has the USAF-markings on it and not the PLAAF-symbol?

Best,
Deino

Thanks Deino,just finished this new drawing of a 6th generation fighter based on Boeing F-X and Rodrigo Avella J-50 design,this time i added amraam missiles to the weapons bay,

PSA-196

UHSKn3Fh.jpg

pedrospe said:
Thanks Deino,just finished this new drawing of a 6th generation fighter based on Boeing F-X and Rodrigo Avella J-50 design,this time i added amraam missiles to the weapons bay,

PSA-196

UHSKn3Fh.jpg

Hi! This one is very coll and impressive. But wouldn´t it need a (vertical) tailfin?
Cheers
Athpilot

And you can use other surfaces ta yaw the aircraft, instead of conventional rudders.

Hi athpilot,if you remember the latest Boeing and Northrop concepts,for next generation fighters,they do not have a vertical tail,and use alternative means to control the aircraft,just look at the X-36,X-45,X-47 and the B-2 examples,none of them uses a conventional vertical tail,and yet the look very manoeuvrable.

best regards

pedro

Hi everyone,this are two new 6th generation fighter drawings,they are both based on Rodrigo Avella J-50 and Goila Cristian future fighter concepts,

PSA-181

9Zs2hGih.jpg

PSA-179

4rzQtY5h.jpg

Hi everyone,i been working on this one for a while now,it is based on Rodrigo Avella J-50 and the Northrop Switch blade concept;

PSA-147

Yg0iwtWh.jpg

MQZpUQsh.jpg

Look up the definition of radar corner reflector 'cause that is what that is. :eek:

Remember that in the world of VLO, 90 degree angles are BAD NEWS and that thing is covered with them.

Hi SpudmanWP,sorry for the late reply,but i don't agree with you,i was digging up some images on my computer,and find out that there were a few projects with 90 degree angles,on there design and were made by some big aerospace companies,just some examples;

A-12

VMSo5lQl.jpg

ICE concept

I5uX9vxl.jpg

new Boeing MQ-25

yZbi9svl.jpg

UCLASS concept

hXmEYHnl.jpg

...and there are probably alot more,so my design is not as impossible as you think it is,and that is what it is...

best regards

Pedro

Convex 90 degree angles aren't too much of an issue (ie 90 degree angles on wingtips), but concave 90 degree angles are corner reflectors - any light (or radio waves below a certain wavelength) that bounce off 2 surfaces at 90 degrees will reflect back to its source:

500px-Corner-reflector.svg.png

Was that not part of the problem with the A-12?

The French FCAS UCAV design sports 90 wingtips too btw.

Hi everyone,just finished two more new drawings;

this one is based on the F-22,but with forward swept wings;

PSA-204

1FWBv9lh.jpg

this one was based on Rodrigo Avella multirole fighter and chinese darksword ucav;

PSA-206

Xewtnwlh.jpg

Hi everyone,this are some new designs,the first one is based on Rodrigo Avella Light sixth generation fighter and the second is based on the X-47b UCAV;

PSA-218

KsBxVn0h.jpg

PSA-221

Slb8xQ1h.jpg

pedrospe said:
Hi SpudmanWP,sorry for the late reply,but i don't agree with you,i was digging up some images on my computer,and find out that there were a few projects with 90 degree angles,on there design and were made by some big aerospace companies,just some examples;

A-12

VMSo5lQl.jpg

ICE concept

I5uX9vxl.jpg

new Boeing MQ-25

yZbi9svl.jpg

UCLASS concept

hXmEYHnl.jpg

...and there are probably alot more,so my design is not as impossible as you think it is,and that is what it is...
That Lockheed - Martin concept looks a lot like a descendant of Tacit Blue or a flipped-over version of TSSAM with a more prominent intake and a Tacit Blue tail.

آیا سایت مشکل داره تصویر دیده نمیشه

Is there a problem with the site, the image is not seen

Last edited by a moderator:
No problems for me. Some of the pictures in the topic are hosted on Photobucket, more recent ones are uploaded to the forum.

How much longer before variable surface blowing can substitute for canards and control surfaces?

Hi everyone,happy new year,here are some more new drawings,the first one is a stealth strike fighter,with variable geometry wings,made using Rodrigo Avella J-50 as a base;

PSA-146A

zKP1sJuh.jpg

1641488182142.png 1641488352950.png
Swing wings from Venom800T Whiskey Tango Foxtrot on deviantart 1641488958954.png