SUBMERSIBLE CORVETTE - Naval Surface Fire Support

carvalho2008

Naval alternative projects
Reaction score
https://projetosalternativosnavais.wordpress.com/2016/01/19/naval-surface-fire-support-corveta-submersivel/

submersible-patrol-torpedo-boat-a.png

submersible-patrol-torpedo-boat.png

submersible-patrol-torpedo-boat-v14.png

submersible-patrol-torpedo-boat-v3.png

See more https://projetosalternativosnavais.wordpress.com/2016/01/19/naval-surface-fire-support-corveta-submersivel/

well, if you cross smx-25 with ddg-1000 and ssk Gadhir fou low cost maybe you will be have something like this

2012-f-01-31-5771-3.jpg

+
ddx-300px.jpg

+
Iranian+Navy%2527s+SSK+Kilo+Class+%2528Type+877EKM%2529+Fateh+%2528Conqueror%2529+diesel-electric+submarine+hree+Ghadir+class+submarines+kilo+class+submarines+%25284%2529.jpg

=
submersible-patrol-torpedo-boat-v12.png

see more

https://projetosalternativosnavais.wordpress.com/2016/01/19/naval-surface-fire-support-corveta-submersivel/

Interesting models, very outside the box.

Have tou considered the Stidd MRCC as a potential ibfluence. The trick that employs is that it changes directions between surface running and submerged running. So it has s point need boat but w at one end, and s submarines rounded now at the other.

A normal surface corvette with decent stealth seems a better way to achieve basically the same benefits, with fewer technological risks.

dan_inbox said:
A normal surface corvette with decent stealth seems a better way to achieve basically the same benefits, with fewer technological risks.

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::;

Ok, but the all stealth resources used by modern corvette can be used by a hybrid submarine too.

Look the smx-25 for exemple.

I think the submersible mode is a better stealth resource than any surface design.

If you have the double resource aplicated you will have the best of two worlds.

Of course, the hybrid submarine will not has the same performance than a Corvette on surface or a submarine under the sea but, for a NSFS operations can be a good idea condidered

Is very difficult to stealth approach to bombing. At the same time, a submarine has no capacity for NSFS operations. They haven't apropriated arsenal.

nsfs-naval-surface-fire-support-submarine-6.png

A couple of questions re the design:

a) how would the pressure hulls be laid out inside the outer hull?

b) how do the pop-up launches become watertight when the boat submerges?

c) The torpedo tubes at the front appear to be external to the pressure hull(s). Why not a torpedo room?

covert_shores said:
A couple of questions re the design:

a) how would the pressure hulls be laid out inside the outer hull?

b) how do the pop-up launches become watertight when the boat submerges?

c) The torpedo tubes at the front appear to be external to the pressure hull(s). Why not a torpedo room?

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

Dimension
63 m x 12,5

Is a boat submersible and not a autentic submarine.

Your mission is to navigate on the surface, semi stealth and submerging near the operating area.

So it need not delve deeply ...only 100- 150 meters...

a) I'm not sure to shallower depths he needed a conventional hull high pressure, but in any case, it has sufficient dimensions to a central cylindrical or oval hull much larger than the IKL-209 extending from the deck to the lower hull of the limit. The lower hull in this way can concentrate all ballast, batteries, machinery, allowing for optimal stability. So it is possible that besides the high central pressure hull, there may be two more under high pressure sections on the sides, forming as a triangle.

b) The rocket launchers are hydraulically lifted to the firing position, forming a stable working platform. They are set up three extending from the main bridge to the limit of the upper bow. Basically it's a giroestabilizada MRLS platform. The pod has a capacity of 21 rockets of 122 mm to 3.9 meters long each. Utlizei an assembly of RIM for illustration only.

c) In fact, there is no room for a torpedo room, are 6 tubes of 533 mm loaded externally.

blowpipe-01.jpg

hms_aeneas_ssg_72.jpg

35a3546a9d7afae8afbb42a3a1f1ab83affe54e.jpg

Thanks

I think that even at 100-150m the pressure hulls have to be round or oval (round is better obviously). Even at 5 meters in fact. I cannot think of any meaningful exception.

Re the SLAM, if you look closely at the first photo you can see the single piece hatch which forms a watertight seal when the boat submerged. That's why I was asking re your design because it seems to not show that. Maybe vls are simpler?

Re external torpedo tubes, how would they reload them below the waterline?

Sorry to be a pain, hopefully useful questions.

covert_shores said:
Thanks

I think that even at 100-150m the pressure hulls have to be round or oval (round is better obviously). Even at 5 meters in fact. I cannot think of any meaningful exception.

Re the SLAM, if you look closely at the first photo you can see the single piece hatch which forms a watertight seal when the boat submerged. That's why I was asking re your design because it seems to not show that. Maybe vls are simpler?

Re external torpedo tubes, how would they reload them below the waterline?

Sorry to be a pain, hopefully useful questions.

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
tmsystem1.jpg

Ok, undestand your question now...

i don´t have the picture to the central high pressure cilindrical or the two smallest inferiores in this moment.

I will design in soon.

The space is suficiente for central cilindrical high pressure and two others smallest below.

My desire is to use low-cost, general-purpose equipment.
Clarion2.jpg

Clarion1.jpg

Clarion5.jpg

So 127mm rockets can be used for both NSFS, straight shot or even anti aerial for helicopters or low-speed aircraft. You can achieve this by alternating simple rockets or guided laser or gps. I could hire a IDAS but I believe he should be spared for the most critical moments.

http://www.military.com/video/rockets/artillery-rockets/navy-automatic-rocket-artillery-1942/2536439296001

About how we can reload the external tubes ....wellll....hummm...idon´t now rzrzr .....but should be the same solution for smx-23 or Chilean
project for Crocodile type 250 .

smx23.jpg

croc2.jpg

submersible-patrol-torpedo-boat-v10.png

submersible-patrol-torpedo-boat-v11.png

submersible-patrol-torpedo-boat-v4.png

The crocodile 250 is probably intended to be taken out of the water to rearm, like the cosmos midget subs it's based on. Also, externally carried torpedoes can be attached while the boat is in the water using divers like SDVs can. But very difficult and slow. And very complex of the torpedo has to be pushed into a tube as opposed to attaching a sealed ready-to-fire tube. Also, torpedoes are close to bury rally buoyant so can be manhsndled underwater. Whereas missiles like the ones illustrated in your concept would be negatively buoyant so need some sort of floatation rig. Not saying it's impossible but would be a lot easier of the torpedoes were carried above the waterline. That would also allow a better seakeeping bow.

The large hydroplanes may want to be folding or retractable so that they aren't a problem when on the surface in heavy seas?

dan_inbox said:

Most surface ships that call themselves 'stealty' aren't really steathly. In that sloped sides and flat faux decks do not reduce the RCS of the ship by the significant figures needed to make a tactical difference to detection range. Plus because of their relatively large size and slow speed visual detection remains an effective means to acquire and track ships. Can't see through water.

You can however shoot things through water. Many NGS systems could be used by a submerged submarine with little or no modification. Why surface to fire when you can stay underwater and shoot.

I made a new version.

This time, with 3 cells GLSDB.

Capacity to launch 112 Small Diameter Bombs.

M26_150311_01.jpg

submersible-patrol-torpedo-boat-v5.png

submersible-patrol-torpedo-boat-v6.png

submersible-patrol-torpedo-boat-v7.png

submersible-patrol-torpedo-boat-v4.png

112 Rockets GLSDB
04 torpedos 533 mm
01 Cartridge Idas Missile (04 Missiles)
01 Exocet

Incredible!

https://www.navalnews.com/event-news/lima-2019/2019/03/lima-2019-dk-naval-technologies-lifts-veil-on-seekrieger-submersible-boat/

Now the « High Speed Coastal Craft / Submarine » unveiled today at LIMA 2019 exhibition, in Malaysia.

Proposed by the Singapore-based naval architect DK Naval Technologies, this concept ship is still at the study level. Once completed, this preliminary stage would allow the shipbuilder to assemble a first prototype. « It will take us at least three years to get a real vessel », Naval News learned from a company representative. Proposed in civilian and military variants, the Seekrieger is based on a trimaran hull, providing increased stability and speed. Each float will also serve as a ballast tank to control the buoyancy of the vessel.

With a length of 30.3 m and a displacement of 90.2 tonnes, the version showcased during LIMA accommodates up to 10 people. The manufacturer claims that thanks to its gaz turbine / battery propulsion systems, the Seekrieger would reach a maximum speed of 120 knots on surface and up to 30 knots once submerged . According to a company representative, the batteries would give the vessel an autonomy of up to two weeks submerged with a maximum speed of 10 knots and a maximum depth of 100 meters, depending on the mission requests. The 30 meters-long version will serve as basis to « develop bigger vessels, respectively 45 meters- and 60 meters-long.

Armament integrated on the LIMA 2019 scale model includes two Rheinmetall Sea Snake-27 27 mm lightweight naval guns, « but the light armament will be adapted according to customer request », the representative confirmed. Also showcased on the model are two torpedo tubes, one on each side of the bow with 10 light torpedo weapons.

https://www.navalnews.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/03/LIMA-2019-DK-Naval-Technologies-lift-veils-on-Seekrieger-submersible-boat-770x410.jpg