The Boeing KC-135 Stratotanker: More Than a Tanker

gatoraptor

ACCESS: Top Secret
Reaction score
An enlarged update of Robert Hopkins' 1998 Aerofax book, already a pretty good tome:

http://www.amazon.com/Boeing-KC-135-Stratotanker-Robert-Hopkins/dp/1910809012/

Just got done pre-ordering this book off Amazon. looking forward to this book. Don't really know to much about these planes.

Attachments

• 51WoFIPdvnL__SX386_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg
    51WoFIPdvnL__SX386_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg
    36.3 KB · Views: 365
My copy was awaiting my return from the States. It is superb (OK, OK, I did the maps, so I'm biased) and is much more than just an update to the 1998 Aerofax (which I have), but includes a great deal of new information on the numerous variants of the KC-135, so the subtitle 'More Than a Tanker' is very apt.

Hopkins has flown many of these variants, including the 'real' spyplanes based on the KC-135 airframe. A great deal has changed in the world of the '135 since 1998, so if you have the original, I'd say this is more of a complete revision than an update: many new images, more details of operations and with more pages, a more comprehensive coverage of the subject.

Chris

The proliferation of C-135 variants over the years is only rivaled by the Su-27 and its nightmarish developments.

The version on Amazon has a different cover to the one posted above for the updated version yet says it was published in 2016.

I just received the book and it is truly the last word on the 135. The most remarkable thing to me is that for each variant, the author has listed every airframe and briefly provided its service history. So every 135 ever built is covered that way!

I did notice one minor glitch: Tex Johnston's name is missing from the index! :(