Sixth Generation Fighter

R

rodrigoavella

Hi!!!
After years of little progress, share pictures of my last project, a sixth-generation fighter, based on studies of Mcdonnell Douglas in the 90's.
While he's not a sixth-generation fighter, because they are early studies, I always liked the look of the model 2409 Concept Type "C".
Now that the project is completed, I think it looks like a next generation fighter.
Greetings and sorry for my poor English!

Attachments

• r_avella_6th_gen_fighter_01.jpg
    r_avella_6th_gen_fighter_01.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 978
  • r_avella_6th_gen_fighter_02.jpg
    r_avella_6th_gen_fighter_02.jpg
    306.9 KB · Views: 868
  • r_avella_6th_gen_fighter_03.jpg
    r_avella_6th_gen_fighter_03.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 845
  • r_avella_6th_gen_fighter_04.jpg
    r_avella_6th_gen_fighter_04.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 755
More images

Attachments

• r_avella_6th_gen_fighter_views.jpg
    r_avella_6th_gen_fighter_views.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 210
  • r_avella_6th_gen_fighter_07.jpg
    r_avella_6th_gen_fighter_07.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 166
  • r_avella_6th_gen_fighter_06.jpg
    r_avella_6th_gen_fighter_06.jpg
    864.2 KB · Views: 172
  • r_avella_6th_gen_fighter_05.jpg
    r_avella_6th_gen_fighter_05.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 663
Awesome work! I give it 3 days before these "escape" and we see them on Foxtrotalpha and the like. ;)

Is it just me or does that thing only have a bay big enough for a single 2k bomb?

Nice!!

Looks like a "missing link" in the evolution from the McDonnell Douglas X-36 to the Bird of Prey :)

First flight was captured by an enterprising spotter on telephoto lens - here's a cropped copy :)

Attachments

• 6thGenBoeing.jpg
    6thGenBoeing.jpg
    50.7 KB · Views: 138
The focus is zeroed too well (towards the centre of the model) ...it'll never trick me!

Has this project been written up in any of our threads? I'm curious about it!

Avimimus said:

Yes, there's a paper with something like six different configurations in it with a link in these forums, but I can't remember where I saved it to to offer the reference.

http://www.secretprojects.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,2392.60.html

http://ntrs.nasa.gov/archive/nasa/casi.ntrs.nasa.gov/19950007829_1995107829.pdf

Will there be a significant technology leap for the next gen fighter? Do we need an air to air superiority platform?

With the ridiculously long design/develop/acquisition times and costs perhaps we need a platform that will deliver munitions that provide air superiority.

Maybe I'm a bit negative because Clemson just got beat :-(

The pictures are pretty cool though ;-)

NeilChapman said:
Will there be a significant technology leap for the next gen fighter? Do we need an air to air superiority platform?

Why would you ever NOT need one? The F-22s won't last forever, they're short on range for the Pacific theater, and the F-22's production line is gone. Furthermore, when you're working with large distances, like in the Pacific, sustained cruise speed becomes even more important.

rodrigoavella said:
Hi!!!
After years of little progress, share pictures of my last project, a sixth-generation fighter, based on studies of Mcdonnell Douglas in the 90's.
While he's not a sixth-generation fighter, because they are early studies, I always liked the look of the model 2409 Concept Type "C".
Now that the project is completed, I think it looks like a next generation fighter.
Greetings and sorry for my poor English!

Amazing.

Sundog said:
Avimimus said:

Yes, there's a paper with something like six different configurations in it with a link in these forums, but I can't remember where I saved it to to offer the reference.

rodrigoavella said:
http://www.secretprojects.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,2392.60.html

http://ntrs.nasa.gov/archive/nasa/casi.ntrs.nasa.gov/19950007829_1995107829.pdf

Thanks!

super,amazing work,thanks for sharing ,i hope you post some more of your work!

best regards

pedro

sferrin said:
NeilChapman said:

Why would you ever NOT need one? The F-22s won't last forever, they're short on range for the Pacific theater, and the F-22's production line is gone. Furthermore, when you're working with large distances, like in the Pacific, sustained cruise speed becomes even more important.

That's the question. It took us almost 25 years to get the F22 and we have >200 aircraft. Our model takes too long and is too expensive to not be overwhelmingly superior for more than 15 years. I guess it's a price/performance question.

I'd rather see a 15 year turn around time (eventually 5 years) with less expensive solutions that encourage constant innovation. I also don't perceive all threats are the same around the world. Perhaps we have one "war" solution for the Pacific and a different solution for Africa or the Mediterranean. My point being that not all solutions need to be deployed worldwide.

Maybe the Pacific will require swarms of stealthy inexpensive drones that overwhelm air defense systems. I obviously don't know the correct solution but I do feel that 25 years is too long and that faster innovation/procurement/deployment can be an advantage.

pedrospe said:
super,amazing work,thanks for sharing ,i hope you post some more of your work!

best regards

pedro

Thank you Pedro!!!
I am Industrial Designer, of Argentina. I was always fascinated by aircraft, mainly fighters.
I have many projects unfinished. I will share when completed.
Now I'm doing a Russian sixth generation fighter. He will look very good!!!
Greetings to the forum !!!

I look forward to see some more of your work,thanks for sharing it with all of us.

best regards

Pedro

Love this design! They should have secretly built it and rolled it out by now! That would be awesome!

Something I did once out of boredom. But definitely related to the topic at hand,

Attachments

• 0427162122.jpg
    0427162122.jpg
    387.8 KB · Views: 279
  • 0427162122a.jpg
    0427162122a.jpg
    360.5 KB · Views: 262
  • 0427162119a-1.jpg
    0427162119a-1.jpg
    127.8 KB · Views: 242
  • 0427162126.jpg
    0427162126.jpg
    390.7 KB · Views: 239
Gorgeous but what's wrong with "official" USN markings? [b]NAVY[/b] -SP

I was bored, and had a few beers in me, and just did it spur of the moment. :)