2707-200 3d model

Sundog said:
Awesome! Those side profiles would make good book marks. ;)
;D

If you will complete more realistic project such as L-2000 and B2707-300........

Attachments

• ShutUpAndTakeMyMoneyCard.png
    ShutUpAndTakeMyMoneyCard.png
    278.6 KB · Views: 85
galgot said:
Red Hot Chili Pepper :)
2707-200-073-1800x1080.jpg

Attachments

• Homer%20Drooling.png
    Homer%20Drooling.png
    90.9 KB · Views: 147
sferrin said:
That PanAm one is especially nice. :eek:

You can just imagine it being still used for some secondary routes in the world of 2001: A Space Odyssey.

I love them! But now I have to bring out the spelling and grammar police; I know you meant "comfort", not confort and it should also read "times" for five times faster, not time. I'm just letting you know, as I don't think English is your first language, although I'm not sure, and it could just be the result of typing too fast.

That's going to make great wall paper on my PC. :)

Oh well ::)... Sorry , corrected now. Thanks !
Note I would have done as much faults on a Air France add ...

galgot said:

Amusing corrections, but I think we would have preferred it fixed with the original wording. There was no criticism intended.

Small technical question, but what was the purpose of the small "spoilers" (I can't think of a proper technical name for them) behind and below the canards?

And may I add absolutely beautiful jobs, which I had your skill.

Thanks and regards.

JohnR said:
Small technical question, but what was the purpose of the small "spoilers" (I can't think of a proper technical name for them) behind and below the canards?

And may I add absolutely beautiful jobs, which I had your skill.

Thanks and regards.

Thanks. Being no aerodynamist I've checked Wikipedia for "fuselage strakes" :
"On both supersonic and subsonic types, smaller strakes are sometimes applied to the forward fuselage to control the fuselage flow at high angles of attack ; for example the Concorde SST has small nose strakes "to get a better directional stability".
Note they are not present on the 2707-100 (without canards). So maybe had to do with redirecting the airflow after the canards at certain AoA ?

PaulMM (Overscan) said:
galgot said:

Amusing corrections, but I think we would have preferred it fixed with the original wording. There was no criticism intended.

Sure, no problem.

/sigh...

Beautiful work there!

That design was from a time when aerospace guys still had the freedom to think big!

OMFG... sferrin's comment in the YF-23 topic in Aerospace brought me here - I'm salivating! What an exquisite model!

Great work, Galgot!

Having drooled over the renders you've posted so far, what I think you need to do next is the classic "Boeing Shot" - house colours, with iconic Mt. Rainier as the back drop:

Absolutely beautiful! Out of curiosity, would it be possible to put this model into a game like Flight Simulator 2020?

Aer Lingus had options on two. One would almost certainly have been called St Patrick like the 747-100. Google Images Aer Lingus Boeing SST and my models come up. I resisted the temptation to call it Bishop Len Brennan.

I think I posted them before but here are my two Aer Lingus SSTs. The first is the 100 version. The other two are the 200 version. They were made in the Philippines.
They were made to look like the Pacific Miniatures models given to airlines by Boeing.
The swing wing versions were dead by 1968 nd the 300 version looked more like the Lockheed contender.
Model aircraft collectors are divided on the subject of "what-if" models. Most dislike them and prefer actual types and liveries.
I have compromised as these are models of models.

Attachments

• b2707.JPG
    b2707.JPG
    60.2 KB · Views: 91
  • DSC_8251.jpg
    DSC_8251.jpg
    65.1 KB · Views: 96
  • DSC_8254.jpg
    DSC_8254.jpg
    60.6 KB · Views: 123
Thoroughly annoyed I have not commented on this masterpiece yet. It is bleedin' fantastic. To coin an old "Only fool's and horses". Luvvly jubbly.

Last edited:
There are quite a few Boeing SST variants plus 26 optionholding Airlines to work your magic on.
Aer Lingus
Air Canada
Air France
Air India
Airlift
Alitalia
American
BOAC (1974 British Airways)
Braniiff
CP Air
Continental
Delta
Eastern
El Al
Iberia
Japan JAL
KLM
Lufthansa
Northwest
Pan Am
Pakistan PIA
Qantas
Transamerican Leasing
TWA
United
World

Attachments

• Boeing 2707-200 SST.jpg
    Boeing 2707-200 SST.jpg
    66.2 KB · Views: 113
  • fig107.jpg
    fig107.jpg
    20.9 KB · Views: 102
Last edited:
I thought Aer Lingus only used Connie - I mean, Lockheed Constellations ? (runs for conver once again !)

Any updates on this? I have some renders of my own I'd like to share (shameless gratuitous humble-bragging, yes), but thought I'd like to see more of the work already posted here first.

My only observation would be that the airlines would have to use high-value, lighter shades and light gray or white undersides when painting, like with the Concorde. I enjoyed the Braniff render!