Siebel Flugzeugwerke Prototypes and Projects

hesham

ACCESS: USAP
Reaction score
We can speak here about Siebel prototypes and Projects,

there was a report in 1945,explained that,the Siebel company did a further development of DFS 346 supersonic experimental aircraft ?.

Last edited:
Finally I get the source.

"X-planes - German Luftwaffe Prototypes 1930-1945" by Manfred Griehl, Casemate 2012

Attachments

• 0-1.png
    0-1.png
    76 KB · Views: 1,396
  • 1.png
    1.png
    28.7 KB · Views: 1,270
  • Siebel.png
    Siebel.png
    4.8 KB · Views: 1,249
Dear hesham, please publish all that list.

OK my dear Wurger,but also I will repeat sending the "0-1" with more info.

Attachments

• a.png
    a.png
    85.4 KB · Views: 1,215
  • b.png
    b.png
    46.2 KB · Views: 1,110
  • c.png
    c.png
    50.7 KB · Views: 121
Hi,

also in 1944 the RLM issued a specification for a fighter project that would use a minimum of strategic materials, be suitable for rapid mass production and have a performance equal to the best piston engined fighters of the time.

The main tenders were; Arado,Blohm & Voss,Fieseler,focke-Wulf,Junkers Heinkel,Messerschmitt and Siebel,I can't ID all those competitors,but we note that Siebel submitted a proposal,what was it ?.

http://www.luft46.com/horten/hox.html

Last edited:
From Waffen-Arsenal Sonderband S-27,

here is a Siebel Mistel aircraft.

Attachments

• Siebel.png
    Siebel.png
    129.6 KB · Views: 147
Hi,

not a project,but here is a Siebel Fh.104,with a fuel tank as I think,am I right ?.

Jet & Prop 2012-02

Attachments

• 2.png
    2.png
    550.2 KB · Views: 204
  • 1.png
    1.png
    264 KB · Views: 199
Why put so complicated contraption where a simple fuel tank under wing would be cheaper and easier to install and jettison?

bigvlada said:
Why put so complicated contraption where a simple fuel tank under wing would be cheaper and easier to install and jettison?

My guess would be that the extra lift provided by the towed-glider arrangment was meant to let the parent aircraft lift a greater weight of fuel than it's own wing area and structure could support. Lots of inventors experimented with the convept during WW2. But nothing is free. As you suggest, the setup was more complicated. Worse, engines had to run at higher power levels for prolonged periods, which typically caused overheating, reduced reliability, and shortened the life of the engine. A towed glider could also adversely affect stability and control.

Wasn't the idea experimented with as a way to increase the range of bomber and recon aircraft to reach the North American coast? I remember seeing either that photograph or one of a similar arrangement in the book "Luftwaffe Over America".

To me, the trailer with the straight drawbar seems to be the same, as the one shown in the attached photo,
which is described by Ernst Peter in "Der Flugzeugschlepp von den Anfängen bis heute" (aerotow from its beginning
until today), Motorbuchverlag 1981.
It's designated as the Fieseler P 21A (so no Siebel project or design) and was just the start of the development of a
flying trailer, which could be used as an auxiliary tank, or as a bomb carrier, or as both, as shown in the second picture
from the same source.
The version on the second photo above perhaps just differs with regards to the drawbar, which may give
the vehicle a more streamlined shape, I think. Interesting sidenote is, that after encountering problems with
stability at low speeds, a pilots seat was added to the trailer. Due to the small size of the trailer, this was
only suitable for small pilots, so Hanna Reitsch was committed as test pilot.
There are also photos of a He 177 towing a trailer with a tank above the wing. Those tests actually weren't
aimed at increasing range, but for testing the behaviour of drop tanks being hit by gun fire. The towed tank
was fired at by the rear gunner of the He 177 to get data, that should help with the development of conventionally
carried tanks for fighter aircraft.

Attachments

• Trailer-1.jpg
    Trailer-1.jpg
    66.8 KB · Views: 137
  • Trailer-2.jpg
    Trailer-2.jpg
    72 KB · Views: 153
hesham said:
From Waffen-Arsenal Sonderband S-27,

here is a Siebel Mistel aircraft.

From; Die Deutsche Luftruestung 1933-1945 - vol.4 - MIAG-Zeppelin

Attachments

• 1.png
    1.png
    68.1 KB · Views: 139
  • 2.png
    2.png
    140 KB · Views: 137
Does anyone have any information on the development of the Volksflugzeug (people's airplane) Siebel Si.202 Hummel ("Bumble-bee")? Perhaps alternatives that were considered before the design was finalized and produced? Below is the original prototype with a little French Salmson nine-cylinder radial, the production models all had four-cylinder inlines. Thanks!

siebel-si-202-trainer-3.jpg

Attachments

• Siebel Si-202 Hummel-.jpg
    Siebel Si-202 Hummel-.jpg
    101 KB · Views: 488
  • Siebel Si-202 Hummel.jpg
    Siebel Si-202 Hummel.jpg
    50.6 KB · Views: 494
From Nowarra "Die deutsche Luftrüstung 1933 - 45":
Designed by Friedrich Fechner and Fritz Siebel in 1938 as a cheap, robust and easy to fly twin seat
sports aircraft to allow wide sections of the population to fly. Design points were use of a low powered
engine and side-by-side seating in an enclosed cockpit to make the type suitable as a trainer (? most training
aircraft of this time had tandem seating, I think
)
Three versions were built:

Si 202A: The basic type with squared wing and tail to allow for easy repair. Engine was an Salmson 7 AD radial of 45 hp

Si 202B: Basically the same type, but with a Zündapp inline engine of 50 hp.
(The attached photo is labelled as "Si 202 B", but the shape of the rudder contradicts this, probably a C version
drawing is from the mentioned book)

Si 202C: Fitted with rounded wingtips and balanced rudders, engine was a Hirth 515 inline engine of 60 hp. A second tank
was installed for an increased range (drawing see Maverics post)

No information about early or alternative designs, sorry. But as it was intended from the start as a kind of training aircraft,
it seems to be plausible, that it should resemble the "standard" aircraft of this time, that means, low wing monoplane, I think.

Attachments

• Si_202A.jpg
    Si_202A.jpg
    10.6 KB · Views: 462
  • Si_202C.jpg
    Si_202C.jpg
    20.4 KB · Views: 468
hesham said:
We can speak here about Siebel prototypes and projects,

there was a report in 1945,explained that,the Siebel company did a further development
of DFS 346 supersonic experimental aircraft ?.

Many works done in USSR;

there have been some changes in the design of the machine,have improved
the sealing of the fuselage,landing fences at the ends of the wing.

Last edited:
I just want some info on it because the siebel project seem to be unknow

Obviously Siebel actually made a proposal to the tender for what became known as the "Volksjäger",
but still yet no data have surfaced, not to mention drawings.
This proposal is mentioned here on page 61
https://www.google.de/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=11&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwiykp693ubYAhVBCewKHdKbAWMQFghSMAo&url=http%3A%2F%2Fothes.univie.ac.at%2F29317%2F1%2F2013-08-08_0548954.pdf&usg=AOvVaw0aF1dxapuZL5NLKDoLELwj ,

a quite interesting read, though to my opinion somewhat biased. After all, the data given should be relatively
reliable, as it is a from a master thesis. And if the examining board took its task seriously, the used sources
shouldn't included totally useless ones .

Jemiba said:
Obviously Siebel actually made a proposal to the tender for what became known as the "Volksjäger",
but still yet no data have surfaced, not to mention drawings.
It's because the Siebel Flugzeugwerke together with Messerschmitt's and Fieseler's design offices soon back out the Volksjäger Program,
when they recognized that terms of the RLM specifications of 10 September 1944 are impossible to fulfil for them.
By the way ...
http://www.histaviation.com/siebel_si_202.html some more informations about Siebel Si 202.

hesham said:
Finally I get the source.

"X-planes - German Luftwaffe Prototypes 1930-1945" by Manfred Griehl, Casemate 2012

From Ailes 7/1948,

there was a sketch for jet version of DFS.346,did by Siebel in USSR,as mentioned in many reliable sources,of course the drawing was just a hypothetically concept,by the only fact we know,there was a development to this experimental aircraft in Russian,and unfortunately with no details ?.

Attachments

• Siebel.png
    Siebel.png
    4.8 KB · Views: 101
  • Hypothetical.png
    Hypothetical.png
    382.2 KB · Views: 94
  • 2.png
    2.png
    368.1 KB · Views: 129
Last edited:

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    295.2 KB · Views: 105
there was a report in 1945,explained that,the Siebel company did a further development of DFS 346 supersonic experimental aircraft ?.

Also from, Secret Nazi Aircraft 1939 -1945 Luftwaffe's Advanced Aircraft Projects.

Attachments

• 1.png
    1.png
    25.7 KB · Views: 98
Re: Kora Models Mistel kit

The Kora Models instruction sheet's 'history' mainly cover generic Mistel history. All that is said about the undesignated Siebel project - if it really was one - is that it would be rocket-launched from a sled on (railway?) tracks. Presumably, the control aircraft's power was then meant to be sufficient take the pick-a-back combo on to its target.

Potential control aircraft types named are the Fw 190A, Fw 190D, or Ta 152H. (This is followed by a generic listing of late-war piston-engined fighters - Ta 152B, Ta 152C, and Ta 152H - followed by jet-propelled "Me 262, He 162, Ho 229, Ta 183, atd." ... although what relevance all these German fighters/concepts have to the modelled Mistel combo is anyone's guess.) It all seems rather dubious to me.

One of the clangers in the Kora Models text was that the control aircraft "could not be manufactured by Siebel". But, of course, the Ta 152C was scheduled to have been produced by Siebel (at its Schkeuditz facility). Did the Kora Models writer mean Siebel "could not" make the Ta 152H-1 model specifically? That wouldn't seem worth mentioning ... but who knows?

For completeness, I include the sideview drawing from the Kora Models instruction sheet.
- From here: https://karopka.ru/community/user/17547/?MODEL=530091

Attachments

• siebel-halle-mistel-kora-models.jpg
    siebel-halle-mistel-kora-models.jpg
    72.5 KB · Views: 116
hesham said:

there was a report in 1945,explained that,the Siebel company did a further development

Many works done in USSR;

From, Немецкий след в истории отечественной авиации

Attachments

• a.png
    a.png
    62 KB · Views: 97
hesham said:

Many works done in USSR;

From, Aerei Nella Storia 67.

Attachments

• 1-67.png
    1-67.png
    193.4 KB · Views: 63
Hi Maverik, I have a Siebel Si 202C replica flying with a Verner radial engine. It´s the only 202 flying worldwide. Colors are like the last Siebel built for a prince. Call sign is DEMDR like the 202 had when flying an altitude record in the 30´s. This aircraft is hangared in EDWP

Attachments

• Ankunft in EDWH.JPG
    Ankunft in EDWH.JPG
    2 MB · Views: 28
  • flare to land sw.jpg
    flare to land sw.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 31
  • bei Ribbeck.jpg
    bei Ribbeck.jpg
    577.1 KB · Views: 35
  • Siebel und Miles bei Ribbeck.jpg
    Siebel und Miles bei Ribbeck.jpg