ProjectTech books, page counts, and pricing

Would you buy a new ProjectTech book at the following pricepoints? It is important to answer this tr

• Total voters

overscan (PaulMM)

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
A question came up recently (due to currently excessive word count of a particular manuscript) about possibly adding extra pages to the traditional ProjectTech size of 48 pages. Assuming that the subject can support a higher pagecount with additional interesting material, would you pay a bit more for a ProjectTech volume with more pages?

The pricing above is relative, i.e. these may all increase due to increased costs but proportionally.

Think about this carefully, as its easy to say "yes" before the book is released but will it stop you buying it when it comes time?

It's a question to which a straightforward "yes" or "no" is not possible. Where the subject of a book is of particular interest (a case in point being the P1216), then yes, I would've paid more for more info and drawings but for other subjects, probably the current size / price point balance is a reasonable one.

Are you referring the the 1121 project? If so, that would fall into the same category as the 1216 for me. Others may feel differently so a commercial judgement must be made... To many, a 'tenner' is an impulse purchase but £20 feels somewhat different.

Sorry if this was less than helpful but I suspect it would be the feeling of many purchasers / readers...

For me, more is better …provided there is useful content and not just 'filler'

I guess we assume there is e.g. 64 pages of good content, in which case should you edit it down to 48 to meet the pricepoint or release at the higher price.

For the sake of a couple of quid the mores the better, its not price thats the driving factor but the subject matter & information. Its not like weighing up to buy a £40+ Schiffer book on a single type, its a comprehensive breakdown of an important Project

I concour with Geoff's comment above, for most, its the subject matter which will drive sales not the page count or even cost :)

This obvious solution to that quandary is...

Attachments

• Electric.jpg
    Electric.jpg
    16.7 KB · Views: 192
Sorry for my ignorance, but what is this series? How it is laid out so far (has a significant impact on page count requirements)? Just compare the layout of old "Profile" booklets to current Osprey Air Vanguards and the difference is very easy to see.

I have the four that are out and can recommend them most highly if you don't have them. I'm msot avidly awaiting the two announced but not yet out volumes.

This is how they are currently laid out and I doubt Pasoleati will approve.

Chris

Attachments

• 28_29.jpg
    28_29.jpg
    229.1 KB · Views: 101