Hirth Lastentrager Bf 109G-6 Cargo Glider Project ?

Very interesting! I guess the idea was to keep the 109's fuel at its maximum until the time of the mission. Cool concept.

It is loaded with what seems to be standard 500 kg bombs complete with fins, so I suppose
they were intended just to be dropped from the glider ? Or was it a kind of gliding bomb`, with
the bombs just as readily available warheads ?

Hi,

as I heard,this idea also drafted to anther airplane,rather than Bf.109,who can confirm on
that ?.

Couple of points, my German isn't great, but 'antriebe sollte' clearly should better be translated as 'driven by', 'powered by' or perhaps 'carried by', 'burdened with' completely reverses the relationship.

More importantly, there's a dimensional inconsistency between the side and front views. In the side view the fuselage of the glider and the pylon are of roughly equal depth. The front view appears to show the glider fuselage as twice the depth of the pylon.

I agree to both points !
The reason for the inconsistency with regards to the front view may be, that the internal
allocation of bombs and fuel cell in the glider seems to have been added later. The bombs
aren't even shown with a circular cross section, but just drawn in freehand.

Attachments

• Hirth_LTrg.png
    Hirth_LTrg.png
    111 KB · Views: 198
For that matter I've just noticed the pylon/glider fuselage is offset to the left in the front view, while the wings appear to have different angles of dihedral.

Indeed ! I think, it's more a kind of quite hastily sketched idea, not really a technical drawing.